• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

People keep saying this is a great move for City, I don’t get it. I just don’t understand the Grealish move. Best positions:

Sterling LW
Foden LW
Grealish LW

It’s the whole reason England struggled to accommodate them. Seems unnecessary when they need a striker and back up for Gundogan and Rodri.

Grealish also plays best where the full back overlaps and he can just lay it off. Well Zinchenko and Cancelo are both right footed and won’t overlap often.

Apparently Pep sees him as an attacking number 8, probably to take the place of Bernardo Silva who wants a move to Spain.

Also, Zinchenko is left footed.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I really don’t think he is. I’ve seen plenty of stuff saying he’ll need to become a more complete player to make it at Man City and people expecting him to just warm the bench.

But he’s already that good. He’s honestly a world class player. I think people will be surprised at how good he is
It’s not the ability that makes me have question marks about City personally. It’s his off the ball work, his willingness to press and track back, we’ve already seen players not on his level like Saka and Mount get ahead of him for team reasons at international level. I can see similar stuff happening at City.

Pep is very whimsical as well, as any FPL manager will tell you - the only players safe from rotation were KDB, Dias and Ederson last season. Very weird transfer.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sorry, I can't understand how that transfer couldn't work... They basically have an all-star team and their bench is the only team that could play against them. Whoever plays and whoever manages them, it will work, it doesn't even matter how they plan to play. Do you guys think that if they rest Sterling, Grealish just wouldn't work? Same with De Bruyne? It will work because he will be playing with 10 great players around him, even Elneny would work there

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

finally at least Laca is better than someone. if only he don't miss decent chances.

The difference is that Ings has started scoring goals as he moved from midfield to striker later in his career whilst Laca has generally dropped off a bit over the years. That said, I think Ings is a useful player and gives Villa some depth and options up front. He's not as good a player as Laca in my opinion and aside from that paying a big fee for a 29 year old is always going to be a gamble. Tammy at £35-40m is the better deal than Ings at £30m whichever way you look at it - hope Arsenal swerve Tammy as well though!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Probably the next Lille player, which will move for a lot of money in the next years.
HSV got him for free from the Hoffenheim youth and he was a standout player in the second Liga at his young age.

Fee around 7€m.

WhatAFC

It’s not the ability that makes me have question marks about City personally. It’s his off the ball work, his willingness to press and track back, we’ve already seen players not on his level like Saka and Mount get ahead of him for team reasons at international level. I can see similar stuff happening at City.

Pep is very whimsical as well, as any FPL manager will tell you - the only players safe from rotation were KDB, Dias and Ederson last season. Very weird transfer.
Why are you basically comparing Gareth Southgate’s style to pep’s?
Southgate has very negative tactics & is nowhere near a possession based style like Man City.
England don’t have 70-80% possession like Man City have most games. Sterling & mahrez rarely have to track back as it is, so why would jack all of a sudden need to overhaul his game to do that?
Jack was coming on left wing every time he played for England. Sterling plays that position and was our player of the tournament. Nothing to do with mount or Saka.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Sorry, I can't understand how that transfer couldn't work... They basically have an all-star team and their bench is the only team that could play against them. Whoever plays and whoever manages them, it will work, it doesn't even matter how they plan to play. Do you guys think that if they rest Sterling, Grealish just wouldn't work? Same with De Bruyne? It will work because he will be playing with 10 great players around him, even Elneny would work there
Nobody said it wouldn't work, it's just weird.

100 mil for a player City would win with or without. You most likely won't even get the best version of him because he might get rotated, or take on responsibilities he never had at Villa.

I see him having a Mahrez type impact which isn't a bad thing - it just is what it is. He could have been more elsewhere.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The difference is that Ings has started scoring goals as he moved from midfield to striker later in his career whilst Laca has generally dropped off a bit over the years. That said, I think Ings is a useful player and gives Villa some depth and options up front. He's not as good a player as Laca in my opinion and aside from that paying a big fee for a 29 year old is always going to be a gamble. Tammy at £35-40m is the better deal than Ings at £30m whichever way you look at it - hope Arsenal swerve Tammy as well though!
I'm not defending that tweet because frankly it's amazingly stupid. The guy has not looked at how much the guys have played. For example Ings played 265 minutes in 17/18 when he got that 1 goal in EPL. That's some real agenda stuff right there. :lol: And I have often defended Laca here.

But where did you get that Ings was playing at midfield? In EPL he has 113 games as CF, 16 games as SS and 6 games as a winger. 9/16 of those SS games was at Burnley in 14/15.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nobody said it wouldn't work, it's just weird.

100 mil for a player City would win with or without. You most likely won't even get the best version of him because he might get rotated, or take on responsibilities he never had at Villa.

I see him having a Mahrez type impact which isn't a bad thing - it just is what it is. He could have been more elsewhere.
For me, this transfer pisses all over the football as a whole. Just after fans thought they "won" the battle against the SL, this transfer and possibly Kane just kills it for me in a worse way.

As you're saying, it's a weird one and doesn't have any football value, regardless of what happens on the pitch for them.

Football is going down as a sport, Perez was actually right on that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They already sold relatively good in comparison to others though, but a nice exception.

In terms of outgoings, Chelsea really is the role-model of Arsenal. The dream.
They have more sellable assets than us but they have alot of deadwood hanging around

Macho

Dusted 🔻

They already sold relatively good in comparison to others though, but a nice exception.

In terms of outgoings, Chelsea really is the role-model of Arsenal. The dream.
Lmao if I was to list off their deadwood you'd soon change your tune. There's is worse then ours, it just doesn't stop them from spending 100 mil on Lukaku.

Leicester is the club most fans use to berate their own teams.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm not defending that tweet because frankly it's amazingly stupid. The guy has not looked at how much the guys have played. For example Ings played 265 minutes in 17/18 when he got that 1 goal in EPL. That's some real agenda stuff right there. :lol: And I have often defended Laca here.

But where did you get that Ings was playing at midfield? In EPL he has 113 games as CF, 16 games as SS and 6 games as a winger. 9/16 of those SS games was at Burnley in 14/15.

Stand corrected then, I'm obviously talking rubbish! Don't know where I got that from, I thought he used to play further back

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I thought Lingard was supposed to move for 30m or 25m this summer why utd struggling to sell or nobody interested? Even westham are broke?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I thought Lingard was supposed to move for 30m or 25m this summer why utd struggling to sell or nobody interested? Even westham are broke?
Everyone broke, or pretending to be broke until the last week.

He had a very successful loan too and Utd weren't expecting him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom