• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,860
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Yeah I suppose he could replace Gueye there, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I just don't see an immediate place for him at Bayern or Madrid tbh.

I know I say this about basically every player but Arsenal really would be a good next step for him. He's so young that he could play high level PL football for 4-5 years and still get a mega-money move to Madrid before he's reached his peak.

A good n£xt st£p. Football wise, he's above us though as one of the hottest prospects in world football.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah I suppose he could replace Gueye there, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I just don't see an immediate place for him at Bayern or Madrid tbh.

I know I say this about basically every player but Arsenal really would be a good next step for him. He's so young that he could play high level PL football for 4-5 years and still get a mega-money move to Madrid before he's reached his peak.

I agree, I think he should make a stepping stone move, hes so sort after that he is going to command a decent wage wherever he goes, continue to develop and then make that big move.

Very easy to say that but it also must be hard to turn down a Madrid or Bayern etc as you could have a CL winners medal next year and I assume the self belief is there that they think they can break into the line ups even at age 18.

To be honest United would probably be a good fit too.

Goonger

I agree actually. Making a move like Haaland did at a similar age seems the most sensible to me. We have room for him as well, he'd be competing with Xhaka to partner Partey, something that any gifted player should be confident about. Could spend 4 years here & still move to Madrid at 22, 23ish.

truth_hurts

If we had Wenger still, it would be a slight possibility. Camavinga isn't coming here to learn shuttle runs and non negotiables with Mikel.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saw that link and yeah he 100% needs to go Leicester. They will take him to the next level no doubt.

Goonger

Ndidi, Soumare, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes is a very decent set of midfield options, and all still fairly young. Don't think Under has made a big impact, but if they can get some proper quality wide right to balance them out, would be hard to see them dropping any from competing near the top of the league.

truth_hurts

We're gonna give them 30m for Ceballos, aren't we

Maybe the loan fees that we've been paying will help us to get the fees down.

30m euros isn't a lot though. Despite playing different roles, Benrahma and Watkins cost nearly that from The Championship.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Maybe the loan fees that we've been paying will help us to get the fees down.

30m euros isn't a lot though. Despite playing different roles, Benrahma and Watkins cost nearly that from The Championship.

In all seriousness whatever Madrid want for Ceballos will probably be a fair price, they know he's not in their future plans and they just want a good-ish fee to put towards other players, probably 20-25m, in the context of the market in recent years that's not bad at all.

But we're in a pandemic and we're gonna have huge losses this year, we're not gonna have a huge summer budget unless the owner helps us out, why spend 20-25m on someone who isn't 100% going in your starting XI? We need to upgrade, not just tread water.

truth_hurts

In all seriousness whatever Madrid want for Ceballos will probably be a fair price, they know he's not in their future plans and they just want a good-ish fee to put towards other players, probably 20-25m, in the context of the market in recent years that's not bad at all.

But we're in a pandemic and we're gonna have huge losses this year, we're not gonna have a huge summer budget unless the owner helps us out, why spend 20-25m on someone who isn't 100% going in your starting XI? We need to upgrade, not just tread water.

As much as I agree that we need to improve our starting 11, we also need to improve our squad.

Dani in with El Nenny and AMN out is improvement and might actually save us money.

I'd imagine that we'll sell Torreria and Guendouzi for 30 - 40m as well. No reason why it wouldn't be Ceballos plus one. Partey is world class, Xhaka is looking decent and we have Azeez and Willock.

Our cm options aren't looking too shabby.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
As much as I agree that we need to improve our starting 11, we also need to improve our squad.

Dani in with El Nenny and AMN out is improvement and might actually save us money.

I'd imagine that we'll sell Torreria and Guendouzi for 30 - 40m as well. No reason why it wouldn't be Ceballos plus one. Partey is world class, Xhaka is looking decent and we have Azeez and Willock.

Our cm options aren't looking too shabby.

Nah we're not City, who do we think we are, we're mid-table prem right now, man, what the hell are we doing spending money to improve 'squad depth', that's something you do when you have millions to spend and you're already top 4.

I'd rather spend no money or 40-50m on top quality than spend 25m on a player who's been a squad player in our team for 2 years.

truth_hurts

Nah we're not City, who do we think we are, we're mid-table prem right now, man, what the hell are we doing spending money to improve 'squad depth', that's something you do when you have millions to spend and you're already top 4.

I'd rather spend no money or 40-50m on top quality than spend 25m on a player who's been a squad player in our team for 2 years.

There is nothing wrong with smart signings bud. Let's say that we sign nobody for midfield, would you be happy with El Nenny or Willock being 1 injury from starting.

People act as if Ceballos is a punk. He's a Spanish international!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There is nothing wrong with smart signings bud. Let's say that we sign nobody for midfield, would you be happy with El Nenny or Willock being 1 injury from starting.

He's not a punk, far from it, he's very decent, I just don't think he's top quality.

Balboa

I don't know Xhaka's contract situation, but signing Ceballos now might enable Xhaka to be sold before his age makes his value drop too much? Then get the upgrade either later in the 2021 summer window or 2022?

akhil

With a bit more money we could get Bissouma rather than Ceballos. I'd rather spend money on a starter than a squaddie. Only downside I see with Bissouma is AFCON but otherwise he's the same age, already settled in the PL and at a different level physically and technically almost as good.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ødegaard and Ceballos €120m

I was gonna say something similar, that Madrid will probably look to sell both in a package deal.

Not 120m though, can see us picking them up for 60m pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom