• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,827
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Could be a firesale at Dortmund this summer if they don't make the CL. Doubt Haaland and Sancho want to plod around the EL with the level they're already at. Would make sense if they needed more time and quiet to develop, but they're both too far ahead to play EL and as voices suggest they'd both be off.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Could be a firesale at Dortmund this summer if they don't make the CL. Doubt Haaland and Sancho want to plod around the EL with the level they're already at. Would make sense if they needed more time and quiet to develop, but they're both too far ahead to play EL and as voices suggest they'd both be off.
How good is Sancho? Pretty sure he’ll be off to Utd.

Toby

How good is Sancho? Pretty sure he’ll be off to Utd.

He's definitely had a dip in form - some sources say he didn't take too good care of himself between the seasons and during first lockdown - but lately he's been digging himself out that hole. After Haaland clearly Dortmund's best player and performer, really tries to actively contribute more again. Always shows for the ball, always tries to make something happen. And remember Dortmund are currently bottom of the barrel stuff. They luckily scraped by Sevilla but their performances have been horrendous regardless of results, especially in the league.

Haaland, Sancho and imo Hummels their standout performers.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@Toby Andrl, whats the deal with Moukoko? First off, is he really as good as his youth record suggests? I also have to ask, what do you make of the 'whats his real age' rumour, I feel sorry for the lad as its a **** rumour to have about you but from pictures of him aged 12-16 he genuinely looks like he could be aged anywhere from 12-28 :lol:

Its got to be said, if Moukoko wasnt a black these rumours dont happen.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Sort of makes sense seeing as Poch knows him, they're one of the few clubs who can afford him, and he wants to win trophies. But I still think he wants Shearer's record too, I think ideally he'd move to one of the Manchester clubs, but maybe he won't have a choice.

I also think Messi's more likely to go to PSG with eventually Haaland to City and Mbappe to Madrid, and Sancho to Utd, so i don't know where Kane fits in that merry-go-round. But maybe i'm wrong.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sort of makes sense seeing as Poch knows him, they're one of the few clubs who can afford him, and he wants to win trophies. But I still think he wants Shearer's record too, I think ideally he'd move to one of the Manchester clubs, but maybe he won't have a choice.

I also think Messi's more likely to go to PSG with eventually Haaland to City and Mbappe to Madrid, and Sancho to Utd, so i don't know where Kane fits in that merry-go-round. But maybe i'm wrong.

I think they can get Kane and Messi if MBappe leaves because their FFP will cancel out.

Honestly a front three of Neymar - Kane - OAP Messi would be fascinating to watch. Think it could be incredible or a liability.

I guess if all these top tier assets are moving around we could make some clever under the radar moves.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This a big mistake, I know Ole gave him his debut but the guys rejected us once before. We're probably going to lose out to him with the competition. We have much more chances of signing Kane.

If you had to choose between Kane or Sancho who'd you have?

Toby

@Toby Andrl, whats the deal with Moukoko? First off, is he really as good as his youth record suggests? I also have to ask, what do you make of the 'whats his real age' rumour, I feel sorry for the lad as its a **** rumour to have about you but from pictures of him aged 12-16 he genuinely looks like he could be aged anywhere from 12-28 :lol:

Its got to be said, if Moukoko wasnt a black these rumours dont happen.

Tough topic :D

He killed it at all youth levels, he's looked kind of alright to decent in his BuLi cameos but not exactly electrifying. Then again he's only 16 - or about 30, depening on who you believe :lol: Guess we'll just have to wait and see how he turns out over the next few seasons.

As for the age discussion...well, in his case it is a bit dodgy. We've had a similar case with Silas Wamangituka, but Mislintat dismissed it saying he had his player pass with all stations from Africa to France to Germany and it's all correct. There also were reports about some quarrel between and African official and Paris FC and it looking like some sort of failed extortion attempt.

There are cases in which dodgy officials from Africa try to basically extort money from European clubs by pulling into a doubt a player's age and or identity, but usually there's nothing substantial behind it and it seldomly works. Now in Moukoko's case...the guy looks older than he is, he's physically dominated every single youth league, he came over as a kid and never played in Africa or France, so there's actually no ties where you could go "ah another attempt to get money", and it's not just his birth certificate which has been doubted but also his mother's which raised the issue of both certificates having been tampered with as otherwise the mother would've been underage and thus his father a rapist. His certificate has been deemed legal by German officials, if the print on it tells the absolute truth though remains questionable.

Tbh we'll never know and I guess it's a bit of a non issue either. I wouldn't exactly bet against him being about 20 rather than 16, but at the same time I would neither bet against him being 16. And imo it's a non issue cause longterm it won't help him. Say he really is older: In youth football he had the advantage of being older or as old as his peers while being perceived as young, he could physically dominate younger players and break records. Well, in youth football anyway. This supposed "age advantage" is now gone that he's playing Bundesliga instead of against kids. So there really is no advantage anymore and from now on it's all about his ability. If he's good enough he'll make it, if not he won't - doesn't matter if he's 16, 19 or 21.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Tough topic :D

He killed it at all youth levels, he's looked kind of alright to decent in his BuLi cameos but not exactly electrifying. Then again he's only 16 - or about 30, depening on who you believe :lol: Guess we'll just have to wait and see how he turns out over the next few seasons.

As for the age discussion...well, in his case it is a bit dodgy. We've had a similar case with Silas Wamangituka, but Mislintat dismissed it saying he had his player pass with all stations from Africa to France to Germany and it's all correct. There also were reports about some quarrel between and African official and Paris FC and it looking like some sort of failed extortion attempt.

There are cases in which dodgy officials from Africa try to basically extort money from European clubs by pulling into a doubt a player's age and or identity, but usually there's nothing substantial behind it and it seldomly works. Now in Moukoko's case...the guy looks older than he is, he's physically dominated every single youth league, he came over as a kid and never played in Africa or France, so there's actually no ties where you could go "ah another attempt to get money", and it's not just his birth certificate which has been doubted but also his mother's which raised the issue of both certificates having been tampered with as otherwise the mother would've been underage and thus his father a rapist. His certificate has been deemed legal by German officials, if the print on it tells the absolute truth though remains questionable.

Tbh we'll never know and I guess it's a bit of a non issue either. I wouldn't exactly bet against him being about 20 rather than 16, but at the same time I would neither bet against him being 16. And imo it's a non issue cause longterm it won't help him. Say he really is older: In youth football he had the advantage of being older or as old as his peers while being perceived as young, he could physically dominate younger players and break records. Well, in youth football anyway. This supposed "age advantage" is now gone that he's playing Bundesliga instead of against kids. So there really is no advantage anymore and from now on it's all about his ability. If he's good enough he'll make it, if not he won't - doesn't matter if he's 16, 19 or 21.

Completely agree with the points you made regarding his age, Moukoko's case may be legit however there does seem to be financial gain to be had by conning youth football, if you can smash it at youth level as an adult pretending to be a kid you could pick up sponsorships and a decent contract.

I read he is on €250,000 a year plus has a $12million Nike deal at 16, even if he is at his 'peak' now hes still made a killing and could walk away a very rich boy/man.

What I find somewhat weird is there isnt really any photos of him where he actually looks like a kid, he just looks anywhere between 16-30 at all times at Dortmund, you'd think the Dad would just squash the rumours with yearly birthday photos or something, its hard to imagine in 2021 that a parent cant produce photos from each birthday of their child as its pretty damn common to take a picture on birthdays or events etc but then there is the argument; why should he have to? And its hard to disagree with that.

P.S - just had a google of the Silas Wamangituka saga, literally reads like the 'Nigerian princes' who contact you via email are making there way into football :lol:

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
See Leicester even if they now regularly top 6 club they don't look for names they look for players that's improve them. i know they not attractive as the usual top English clubs but they know how to make team better Soumare will give good competition for Ndidi and Tielemans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom