• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,874
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I saw that, not sure what to think of it. Desperate times call for desperate measures....The way the season has turned...I think relegation is a very real prospect. That would be a disaster in the current covid climate.

You’ll be fine. Battered the second best team in the division.

WhatAFC

This a big mistake, I know Ole gave him his debut but the guys rejected us once before. We're probably going to lose out to him with the competition. We have much more chances of signing Kane.
I didn’t think he rejected you. Wasn’t it a case of his agent insisting on a £65m release clause in his contract, with you guys not agreeing to it?

Kane isn’t moving anywhere. He’s in exactly the same position as Zaha is at palace. Tottenham will want £150m or something ridiculous & he gets semi-regular recurring injuries. A package including wages for Kane is going to come close to £250m.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
So apparently United don't want Sancho anymore due to Greenwood's development. In that case I think Haaland would make a lot of sense for them. Plus a proper CM and maybe a good CB while offloading Pogba. Would be quite the offense:

Haaland
Rashford Fernandes Greenwood​

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

32563968-8678755-image-a-8_1598786781795.jpg

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

If you had to choose between Kane or Sancho who'd you have?

Tricky, this would have been an easy call had it not been for Martial's form diving off a cliff. Out of the two, I'd still opt for Sancho and hope Greenwood steps up in the next few years - Ole mentioned that he will assess if he's a striker or a wide forward. As well I'd like to hang onto Cavani for a year longer.

I still think Grealish is a lot better than Sancho.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tricky, this would have been an easy call had it not been for Martial's form diving off a cliff. Out of the two, I'd still opt for Sancho and hope Greenwood steps up in the next few years - Ole mentioned that he will assess if he's a striker or a wide forward. As well I'd like to hang onto Cavani for a year longer.

I still think Grealish is a lot better than Sancho.

I like Greenwood cutting in on the left though when I’ve seen him.

He looked unstoppable arriving late in the box at the end of last season.

Don’t know if he has the physique for a striker just yet. I reckon with Kane and Bruno creating him and Rashford could put up Salah level numbers next year.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

I like Greenwood cutting in on the left though when I’ve seen him.

He looked unstoppable arriving late in the box at the end of last season.

Don’t know if he has the physique for a striker just yet. I reckon with Kane and Bruno creating him and Rashford could put up Salah level numbers next year.

Yeah, that definitely works, and possibly a better strategy for us.

Just Mourinho that's taken the shine of Kane a bit in recent weeks, even though he had an incredible start individually, I've watched Sp**s in recent weeks, and seeing them attack even makes Kane look like an unsexy signing. Having said that a center back is the biggest priority, I won't be able to stand Lindelof and Maguire for another season.

Bloodbather

Established Member

So apparently United don't want Sancho anymore due to Greenwood's development. In that case I think Haaland would make a lot of sense for them. Plus a proper CM and maybe a good CB while offloading Pogba. Would be quite the offense:

Haaland

Man Utd and Chelsea make the most sense for Haaland style and squad make-up wise, imo. In the PL, that is.

I always said Doherty was only ever good in Wolves rigid system and was a terrible full back. Nice to get one right for a change :lol:

Doherty was a RCB or RWB for Wolves. Purchasing him as a RB was doomed to fail from the start.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You're definitely in for him if you win the Europa League. Just can't see this guy playing outside of the CL which probably makes things harder for Liverpool and Chelsea unless they step up their league form or go on to win it this year.

From what you hear from Dortmund if they fail to get CL (currently in 6th and horrible form) Haaland is definitely off. Means EL clubs don't stand a chance with him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

From what you hear from Dortmund if they fail to get CL (currently in 6th and horrible form) Haaland is definitely off. Means EL clubs don't stand a chance with him.

Surely it’s really dumb to base your decision on just next season when you’re so young.

Like even if Pool finish outside the top four they’re still a way more attractive prospect than Leicester and most other clubs.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Surely it’s really dumb to base your decision on just next season when you’re so young.

Like even if Pool finish outside the top four they’re still a way more attractive prospect than Leicester and most other clubs.

Happens though, that's why Hazard joined Chelsea the summer after they won the Champions League. The reality is, if Man City are in for him with all the history they have with Haaland senior, and they satisfy all terms he'd pick them and won't give a second thought about Liverpool.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Happens though, that's why Hazard joined Chelsea the summer after they won the Champions League. The reality is, if Man City are in for him with all the history they have with Haaland senior, and they satisfy all terms he'd pick them and won't give a second thought about Liverpool.

Thing is Haaland is so cold that I doubt the dad thing even matters to him at all, he'll join City cos they're the best and richest team and he can score and win the most with them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Haaland
But surely the height of United being impressed with Greenwood was last summer? After he had that electric few months towards the end of the season. He's been quite poor this season, Daniel James has been favoured over him of late. In my opinion they should still go for Sancho (thats if he can play on the right). I would personally cut my losses with Martial- who woulda thought they'd make a potential loss considering they bought him when he was 18 and he's an established PL player now :lol:

I guess its between Haaland and Sancho. They could sign whoever is available and they will fit their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom