• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,851
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Thing is Haaland is so cold that I doubt the dad thing even matters to him at all, he'll join City cos they're the best and richest team and he can score and win the most with them.

Not sure if your impression of Haaland is correct. He's a coolheaded, reserved person but he seems like the kind of player that is very passionate about football beyond just winning. I heard BVB's stadium atmosphere was a huge factor in him choosing to go there.

I wouldn't be surprised if he opts for a move to United because of their history, Old Trafford and the prospect of being their catalyst for a rise back to the top. Solskjær being the guy who brought him to Molde probably still matters even though it became a bit of a meme when it ended up not being a factor in the initial Haaland sweepstakes.

His dad probably won't impact the decision directly, but he might do it indirectly. One factor that may ruin it for United when it comes to Haaland is that he's previously said that he grew up a Leeds fan. If he still cares about the Leeds-Man Utd rivalry, he might refuse the move just because of that angle.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
i feel like Everton could really start to do stuff. Lovely new stadium on the way, very rich owners who are willing to invest, decent manager and squad, if they get just a bit smarter, which is what we're starting to see, they could break into the top group. It'll be a top 8 soon, mark my words.

Goonger

i feel like Everton could really start to do stuff. Lovely new stadium on the way, very rich owners who are willing to invest, decent manager and squad, if they get just a bit smarter, which is what we're starting to see, they could break into the top group. It'll be a top 8 soon, mark my words.

At the same time, clubs that move to new stadiums tend to not take the next step up that they were expecting, we can certainly testify to that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At the same time, clubs that move to new stadiums tend to not take the next step up that they were expecting, we can certainly testify to that.

But our owners are tight gits, as are sp*rs, Everton's owners are more involved. I mean if Usmanov had won out he'd have been more involved here, but Kroenke won so it is what it is. Praying Dangote buys us.

I don't think Everton are there yet, but a couple of good young signings and I think we have to start appraising them differently.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Who are the other team in this Top 8?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Who goes for Kane anyway? United? Seems unlikely
Bayern? Lewandowski replacement?

But yeah, I see him staying in England if he does move. Could be a Tottenham player for life though.

benjamin86

Established Member
Bayern? Lewandowski replacement?

But yeah, I see him staying in England if he does move. Could be a Tottenham player for life though.
If he wants to leave Tottenham he needs to run his contract down. I can't see any club paying more than 60m for him unless it's a neymar coutinho situation/

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Would like to see him at a Brighton or West Ham, could see him making a difference at those clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom