• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 447,076
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bennacer, Jeff, Gnabry, Malen.

We’re about to make the same mistake with Nelson, Willock and Balogun.

But I prefer not to speak.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I see two scenarios: 1) old money wins and Haaland goes to Barca while Mbappe goes to Madrid and the Ronaldo/Messi rivalry is effectively reincarnated and Madrid/Barca retain their status as the two biggest clubs or 2) new money wins and Mbappe stays at PSG while Haaland goes to City and those two clubs dominate the next decade.

or 3) something else happens idk

Jack_The_Lad

I see two scenarios: 1) old money wins and Haaland goes to Barca while Mbappe goes to Madrid and the Ronaldo/Messi rivalry is effectively reincarnated and Madrid/Barca retain their status as the two biggest clubs or 2) new money wins and Mbappe stays at PSG while Haaland goes to City and those two clubs dominate the next decade.

or 3) something else happens idk
Idk, but Haaland looks the type to want to get title after title, also he's represented by raiola iirc. Could see him doing an Ibra.

Mbappe said his dream club was Madrid, so I guess that's where he'll eventually end up but I'm also quite sure he'd be keen to test himself in the PL.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Idk, but Haaland looks the type to want to get title after title, also he's represented by raiola iirc. Could see him doing an Ibra.

Mbappe said his dream club was Madrid, so I guess that's where he'll eventually end up but I'm also quite sure he'd be keen to test himself in the PL.

Maybe yeah, I'd say there's much more chance of Haaland coming to the PL than Mbappe tbh. The PL has a great reputation but when you think about it big players almost never come here, I can see it with Haaland cos of his dad, he speaks the language and he'd suit the style, but I doubt Mbappe will ever come.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Why do German clubs feel the need to announce things mid-season? This guy played and scored for Ajax literally yesterday, announcing it now just feels weird.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Edu is gonna headbutt him when he asks for Mavropanos on loan again after robbing Balogun.

Tbh dealing with most other clubs I'd be doubtful Stuttgart could loan Mavro for another season. Very talented young CB with two years left on his contract in summer 21 with a good Bundesliga season under his belt but probably no place at his actual team: Usually you sell for good money.

With Arsenal I feel like they'll be dumb enough to loan him out again, he'll play a massive season wherever, come back in summer 22 with still no chance at Arsenal for reasons but only a year left on the contract, and only then leave permanently way below value.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Tbh dealing with most other clubs I'd be doubtful Stuttgart could loan Mavro for another season. Very talented young CB with two years left on his contract in summer 21 with a good Bundesliga season under his belt but probably no place at his actual team: Usually you sell for good money.

With Arsenal I feel like they'll be dumb enough to loan him out again, he'll play a massive season wherever, come back in summer 22 with still no chance at Arsenal for reasons but only a year left on the contract, and only then leave permanently way below value.

Think about it this way: summer '21 nobody has any money, summer '22 possibly the market has recovered and clubs have more money. Do you get more money for a player with 2 years left in a depressed market or 1 year left in a recovering market?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just read that Mavropanos extended his deal before going out on loan, to 2024.

Sven in the mud.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think about it this way: summer '21 nobody has any money, summer '22 possibly the market has recovered and clubs have more money. Do you get more money for a player with 2 years left in a depressed market or 1 year left in a recovering market?

Think in such a case - rather low fee - it'll probably even out. You'd probably get just short of 10 with add ons for him this summer, same situation imo summer of 22 if he only had one year left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom