• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 447,548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Such a weird move.

Haven't watched him play in a while, but he looked like a decent winger around 2017-2019 period.

Remember him even coming on for France for a few games during their World Cup run.

There's good money to be made in the Mexican League. It's why most Mexicans don't even leave their country for Europe anymore and why lots of South Americans have started to go there, too.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yet another great piece of business by Leicester. Such a well-run football club.
Not rocket science though. We have been talking about Soumare for 2 years. Apparently we think he is too raw. Watch him get developed in a season and explode the following, probably trebbling his value while we have Guido Rodriguez running around getting outpaced.

akhil

Not rocket science though. We have been talking about Soumare for 2 years. Apparently we think he is too raw. Watch him get developed in a season and explode the following, probably trebbling his value while we have Guido Rodriguez running around getting outpaced.

You didn't rate this guy a year ago. What changed since last year?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You didn't rate this guy a year ago. What changed since last year?
I didn't rate his passing. I don't think he is that progressive, but I would definitely take him as a 3rd or 4th choice option. He has potential to be a good destroyer if he is developed properly. I would rather his profile and age in our squad than Elneny or Ceballos.

akhil

I didn't rate his passing. I don't think he is that progressive, but I would definitely take him as a 3rd or 4th choice option. He has potential to be a good destroyer if he is developed properly. I would rather his profile and age in our squad than Elneny or Ceballos.

I can copy-paste what you said and put it in the AMN thread and it wouldn't look out of place.

It's embarrassing what our coaching staff can't see is in front of their own eyes.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Ceballos is almost up there with KDB this season for progressive passes and ball carries per 90 this season.

Bissouma would be first choice here easily.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos is almost up there with KDB this season for progressive passes and ball carries per 90 this season.

Bissouma would be first choice here easily.
I am here talking about a destroyer and his Soumare doesnt have that progressive a pass, but how he would be a better destroyer than Ceballos and Elneny. Yet you are talking about how Bissouma would be first choice and comparing Ceballos with DE BRUYNE?!?

What are you even talking about?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not too bothered about Soumaré, didn't do anything impressive against Ajax in either match nor did he the year before. Didnt stand out at all, hell even Sanches looked better who I also don't want. That's not to say he can't continue to develop, but would have to make major steps to be a CL-level starting CM.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
30m euros for Soumare is really acceptable business Leicester lack quality midfield apart from Tielemans and Ndidi. Preat is not that good.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

If true that is so so dumb. They should be extending Cavani for a year, using a mix of Cavani and Greenwood at CF, with Sancho on the right. He'll be cheaper this summer, it'd be madness not go get him. If he was playing in the prem already the pundits would be creaming themselves over him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If true that is so so dumb. They should be extending Cavani for a year, using a mix of Cavani and Greenwood at CF, with Sancho on the right. He'll be cheaper this summer, it'd be madness not go get him. If he was playing in the prem already the pundits would be creaming themselves over him.
They'll probably still go for him if he's more reasonably price, I think this means they won't be going towards €100m for him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bhoufasi saying that two clubs are in for Soumare at 25m euro. I'd be shocked if we wasn't considering the calibre of midfielder we are after. However Newcastle were heavily interested last summer as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I completely forgot Pjanic played at Barca, haven't seen him once. Sad how his career's panned out recently, he was such a good player.
He’s always been a really technical player but there were complaints at Juve that he goes missing in the tough games. I get that if you’re a number 10 (even though it’s what I hated about Özil), but as a CM it could be quite damaging. Probably should have stayed at a Roma/Napoli level club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He’s always been a really technical player but there were complaints at Juve that he goes missing in the tough games. I get that if you’re a number 10 (even though it’s what I hated about Özil), but as a CM it could be quite damaging. Probably should have stayed at a Roma/Napoli level club.

I mean from what I remember he was excellent when he moved to Juve playing in that deeper role, I love that kind of player, but I think his legs started to go, and obviously the Barca move was stupid. But he can still resurrect his career at the right club, Cesc has shown that you don't need legs, you just need a brain, and Pjanic has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom