• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,902
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Think About It GIF by Red Bull

Can't be out of shape if you're never in shape to begin with!
E6hWvpDXMAAL_Ye

E6hW_9pWEAE9Hng

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

View attachment 3808

This does not read as well as Barça's PR will lead you to believe, at least for the people who aren't finance savyy.
a BBB- rating is literally one rating higher than Greece who was in financial ruin a decade ago is ranked. Literally the lowest rating before classified as highly speculative. They're in deep trouble, Bartomeu ran the club into the ground. The fact that they publicly announced this as a positive spin of PR is absolutely shameful.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
a BBB- rating is literally one rating higher than Greece who was in financial ruin a decade ago is ranked. Literally the lowest rating before classified as highly speculative. They're in deep trouble, Bartomeu ran the club into the ground. The fact that they publicly announced this as a positive spin of PR is absolutely shameful.

A negative credit rating in Brazil usually means you're not in debt, which is why I refrained of saying much on it.

This is literally them gloating that "welp, this could be worse, but it isn't!"?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

A negative credit rating in Brazil usually means you're not in debt, which is why I refrained of saying much on it.

This is literally them gloating that "welp, this could be worse, but it isn't!"?
For context, Tesla has a BB rating which is one level below and they have $12.5B in debt. That gives you everything you need to know on what creditors think about Barcelona's liquidity when their debt pales in comparison at only €1.1B.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Debt doesn't always have to be a negative thing. But in Barcelona's case its a pretty bad situation. Think that's mainly down to covid though...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Debt doesn't always have to be a negative thing. But in Barcelona's case its a pretty bad situation. Think that's mainly down to covid though...
No but it doesn't need to be used as a PR spin to your fans when in reality the situation is pretty grim due to Covid and incompetence.

For context, Arsenal has a BBB rating but you don't see them making social media posts about our financial security to our fans. I get that the Messi renewal and registration issues are a major talking point but that seems rather silly, no?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
United spending 38 million on Varane while we spend 50 million on Ben White. United really showing they want to get closer to City.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fab was here we going this deal a few days ago

I don’t really get this if you’re Chelsea. You’d have two undersized CBs in Koundé and Thiago Silva and one is still developing while the other is coming to the end of his career.

It means you’ll probably have to keep playing a back three with Christensen just because you’ll need the height.

Also Zouma is a pretty good player, probably hasn’t got the ceiling of the others but he’s not terrible, is a good age and probably coming into his prime.

D

Dial Square 1886

I don’t really get this if you’re Chelsea. You’d have two undersized CBs in Koundé and Thiago Silva and one is still developing while the other is coming to the end of his career.

It means you’ll probably have to keep playing a back three with Christensen just because you’ll need the height.

Also Zouma is a pretty good player, probably hasn’t got the ceiling of the others but he’s not terrible, is a good age and probably coming into his prime.

Well Kounde price could go crazy if he continues to improve and global economy rebounds.

Good time to buy if you have money and worry about logistics later!!

I mean Thiago is finished soon and sure they will be happy to add another big lad at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom