• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,860
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well Kounde price could go crazy if he continues to improve and global economy rebounds.

Good time to buy if you have money and worry about logistics later!!

I mean Thiago is finished soon and sure they will be happy to add another big lad at some point.

I think his release clause is 80M€ no so it’s capped at that I’d assume?

You make a good point but in terms of just this season it’s an interesting dilemma. I think they’d be far better keeping Zouma for a year then revisiting the deal.

They have the money to keep buying big name CBs I guess lol.

they also have Malang Sarr coming back off loan with intentions of playing :lol:

Another “6 foot” CB. Brave choices they’re making.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Reckon they just took him on to turn a profit in a year or so. Now with the market outlook they won't sell this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he was loaned again and then sold

Last edited:
D

Dial Square 1886

I think his release clause is 80M€ no so it’s capped at that I’d assume?

You make a good point but in terms of just this season it’s an interesting dilemma. I think they’d be far better keeping Zouma for a year then revisiting the deal.

They have the money to keep buying big name CBs I guess lol.

Ah, fair point about the release clause.

Forget it was La Liga!!

You are probably right that they should hold fire then and see how he develops.

Strikes me as one of those players who could still go either way. End up being immense, or just turn out to be another undersized mistake prone CB.

For what it is worth I reckon the former, but we shall see.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's almost as if I know stuff.

It’s not rocket science.

Villa signing Buendia earlier in the window and then sniffing around ESR, there’s no way they’d be doing that sort of business if they didn’t have some sort of agreement with City.

This will he stay or go situation usually ends up in the player leaving.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It’s not rocket science.

Villa signing Buendia earlier in the window and then sniffing around ESR, there’s no way they’d be doing that sort of business if they didn’t have some sort of agreement with City.

This will he stay or go situation usually ends up in the player leaving.

More that I knew the announcement was coming rather than the overall deal ;)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

He posted this about an hour before the news so no wonder, Sherlock.

maxresdefault.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No ESR and Grealish leaving...

Villa's run as a "big" club was rather brief, wasn't it?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Yeah, there's a weird notion that Liverpool pay their players peanuts, but they've had a top 3 highest wage bill the last few years and top 5 at worst going back further. They sold Benteke for £30m+ despite him being a flop and on £140k/w. Sakho was on 85k/w and on a ban, they still sold him for £25m+. Lovren was a benchwarmer and on 100k/w, they sold him for 10m+ etc etc.
They are just very good at what they do.
Don't know how many times Liverpool have to do it to show they just very good at selling players before people start to admit it is them and not particularly because they just happen to have very sellable players.

Benteke
Sakho
Lovren
Solanke
Ibe
Brewster
Grujic
Ward
Wilson

That covers players in every possible circumstances. Flops, homegrown, young, old, experienced, trouble makers, inexperienced, non homegrown. Long contract, high wages, low wages, last year of contract.

Yet they get great fees. Look at us with AMN for example. English, young, homegrown, called up for his country, good experience in the PL. Versatile, can cover multiple positions. Literally has all the things which we are told puts a premium on the price. Yet it is quite conceivable he will go for the same price Solanke went for. A player who made just a handful of appearances, only completing three 90 min games. Scoring only 1 goal. Never was called up for the senior English team. Reverse the roles and I'm quite sure we would have had to sell Solanke for peanuts and Liverpool would probably have got £30+ for AMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom