• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,784
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What was Steve the Villains views on Grealish leaving again when he was on here crowing over their bids for ESR?

One of the Villa lot on here told me Grealish would be tempted to stay at Villa as they'd be challenging City in a few years, something along those lines.

They have an unreal level of confidence (or delusion) for a club the have spent 2 years in the PL and came 11th last season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Souness got stick for criticising Grealish winning fouls in useless areas, but he was right, he holds onto the ball for too long and wins fouls in useless areas. Fine to play heroball for Villa, but that doesn't work at City.

He plays LW, Sterling plays LW, why replace Sterling? Even if you replace Sterling who you gonna sell him to? They gonna play him as an 8 next to De Bruyne? Grealish ain't ready for that.

Makes no sense.
I'm like you I don't get it at all.

I preferred watching Grealish for a smaller team where he's free to play the hero ball you refer to. I don't think you get the same Grealish for a bigger club.

The pressure he was under to track back and the way he was rotated and dropped for England is an insight to what Grealish will look like in a top team like City and I don't think I like it.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
What was Steve the Villains views on Grealish leaving again when he was on here crowing over their bids for ESR?
My view was I didn’t think he’d leave but it was obviously possible if he wanted it. Ultimately it would be his choice, not Villa’s imo.

It’s looking likely now. I’ll be absolutely gutted but can’t really blame him.

And you can point me towards where I was “crowing” over the bids for ESR. I never once said I thought we’d sign him

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
One of the Villa lot on here told me Grealish would be tempted to stay at Villa as they'd be challenging City in a few years, something along those lines.

They have an unreal level of confidence (or delusion) for a club the have spent 2 years in the PL and came 11th last season.
Yeah that was me. And that’s not what I said at all. But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story 😊

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pep doesn’t fancy Sterling anymore I think, so you’ll see him warm the bench quite abit.

Surely this means Harry Kane will be scoring 35 goals for Sp**s next season, for nothing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aston villa signed Leon Bailey from Leverkusen for 35m euros looks like they sorted the Grealish replacement

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Different player than Grealish more a natural winger than someone who create but 70m for Buendia and Bailey are good replacement

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Villa doing the double over us last season, plus not even scoring a goal against Martinez...was incredibly embarrassing last season.

We can't let it happen again, if it does, Arteta should be sacked and all the players should be sold.

Henry boi

Don't think grealish is as great as he's hyped up to be, doesn't really do anything for city imo, now if city gets Haalannd it's a wrap

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
There rumors they want Cantwell too when Grealish is gone. Look like almost the same when we sold RVP and replaced him with Giroud and poldi decent players but that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom