• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,816
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean you shouldn't question the Grealish signing at all. Absolutely wonderful footballer, much better than all of Cities current options. KDB has just turned 30 so its very wise to sign Jack now. They're also fairly likely to shift Mahrez/Bernardo or maybe even Sterling. It means instead of City signing 3 players in that position for £120M down the line they've signed one excellent one for, albeit, a very high fee.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Are city really sure about sterling and B.Silva leaving? Because apart from top 6 English clubs everyone else broke.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's no two ways about it though. City, Chelsea and United are all gonna be on around £100-120M spent with 3 and a half weeks of the window to go.

Dangerous situation to be in. I think all 3 will spend even further. We needed to spend over them this summer to even stand a chance.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thank you Grealish for leaving Villa and hurting their annoying fans, fingers crossed you bag a few goals against them this season too!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Talent not being spread out is bad for football. Some of Sterling, Foden, Silva, Mahrez, Grealish are barely going to play instead of being the star player elsewhere.

Having so much talent just rotting away on the bench(this is not just City) is such a waste for the sport.. Should be more incentive to be the main man on a lesser team over a part time player at a big club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
There's no two ways about it though. City, Chelsea and United are all gonna be on around £100-120M spent with 3 and a half weeks of the window to go.

Dangerous situation to be in. I think all 3 will spend even further. We needed to spend over them this summer to even stand a chance.
We aren't getting anywhere near the league or European champions unless we sign an Mbappe, Neymar or Kane and none are possible.

Our targets are European football not the title. We could spend 300m and not trouble City.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that's a lot of money for someone whos going to hang on the ball and collect fouls I don't really get it.

Can he become the efficient disciplined minimalist winger that these top teams crave? He's so much of a maverick and free spirit at Villa I really do wonder.

It’s buying someone their rivals can’t get. He’ll play 50 or 60 minutes every other game. This is what’s killing football right here. He should be playing every week.

At some point the PL has to get involved from an entertainment standpoint. Do they want to see all the best players in the league fighting for minutes one one team while the rest of the league gets worse and worse?

The PL as a product is getting worse every time this happens. There needs to be tighter squad restrictions and a salary cap. Super League will be raising its head again in no time if this happens.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Talent not being spread out is bad for football. Some of Sterling, Foden, Silva, Mahrez, Grealish are barely going to play instead of being the star player elsewhere.

Having so much talent just rotting away on the bench(this is not just City) is such a waste for the sport.. Should be more incentive to be the main man on a lesser team over a part time player at a big club.

They can't sustain it. Sane left, Laporte and at least one of their forwards will.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
City could have sterling Foden Mahrez and B.Silva all on bench 2 of them are surely leaving they are too good to play 30 min a game. Not sure who can afford them this is the ridiculous thing

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They can't sustain it. Sane left, Laporte and at least one of their forwards will.

Yeah Mahrez because he’s wrong side of 30. He’s spent his prime years being rotated by Pep.

Only way I can see it is if you bring a salary cap in you can maybe bring in max contracts. Let a Grealish or Mahrez earn double what they can at a bigger club by giving each team one big contract.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Spanish clubs desperately needed that. They should have asked city owner for spare 2B it's nothing for him

D

Dial Square 1886

It’s buying someone their rivals can’t get. He’ll play 50 or 60 minutes every other game. This is what’s killing football right here. He should be playing every week.

At some point the PL has to get involved from an entertainment standpoint. Do they want to see all the best players in the league fighting for minutes one one team while the rest of the league gets worse and worse?

The PL as a product is getting worse every time this happens. There needs to be tighter squad restrictions and a salary cap. Super League will be raising its head again in no time if this happens.

Yep, some sort of salary cap is very much required.

If not that, then some sort of proper deterrents for going over a certain wage bill.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I always said to make city and Chelsea stop destroying the league with thier suger daddy is to introduce salary cap but of course PL don't have balls to do that.

How much city salary cap if they get Grealish and Kane surely will be over 500m

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I always said to make city and Chelsea stop destroying the league with thier suger daddy is to introduce salary cap but of course PL don't have balls to do that.

How much city salary cap if they get Grealish and Kane surely will be over 500m
Can't we get City and Chelsea to **** off and join the Super League?

EDIT: @BigPoppaPump and @GDeep™ welcome to keep posting on here of course

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I assume Halaand/Raiola straight up refused Chelsea enquiries and made it clear there not an option, Chelsea have moved on to option 2 and at a massive fee which could have been topped up for Halaand.

Not convinced Dortmund would refuse to sell if a club went over that 120mil+ range.

D

Dial Square 1886

Funniest thing, is how the pundits will be raving about Pep again and how he is SUCH an amazing manager!!

Always totally gloss over the fact that it is harder to not win the league than win it for the clubs he has managed and with the squads and financial clout at his disposal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

feels like this is a dig at the idea of Grealish joining Arsenal

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Funny how people keep calling bald fraud Pep great. A tree could manage city to win titles but nah Pep inspires a bunch of nobodies to win things apparently. Luckiest manager in the history of football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom