• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Is Lukaku to Chelsea happening? Frankly I much prefer that to the spine chilling thought of them getting that android from Dortmund.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
People keep saying this is a great move for City, I don’t get it. I just don’t understand the Grealish move. Best positions:

Sterling LW
Foden LW
Grealish LW

It’s the whole reason England struggled to accommodate them. Seems unnecessary when they need a striker and back up for Gundogan and Rodri.

Grealish also plays best where the full back overlaps and he can just lay it off. Well Zinchenko and Cancelo are both right footed and won’t overlap often.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Pep’s main issue is he always over complicates things. I remember some Bayern fans complaining about that when he was there. Got a feeling he’ll misuse Grealish and he won’t be as good as everyone is expecting.

Arteta learnt that skill from his Sensei as it’s one of his key traits too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I know the game has moved on but the likes of SAF and Arsène were elite because the tactical side of their teams were fairly straightforward and players had a lot more freedom which is what a player like Grealish needs.

Pep’s dominance is straight from the chequebook similar to Mourinho. It might sound a bit harsh to put them in the same bracket but they’re no different in my eyes.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I know the game has moved on but the likes of SAF and Arsène were elite because the tactical side of their teams were fairly straightforward and players had a lot more freedom which is what a player like Grealish needs.

Pep’s dominance is straight from the chequebook similar to Mourinho.

Being able to buy the players is one thing. Actually controlling so many big personalities and so many world class players on massive wages is another thing.

Pep is a commanding and demanding manager. Everyone looks up to him. Look at Lampard at Chelsea. Got top 4 with the English lads and lower tier players. Spent £250M and couldn't control big talents and big money signings.

And then look at United. Spent 1.2 billion since fergie left. Multiple managers multiple failures

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Being able to buy the players is one thing. Actually controlling so many big personalities and so many world class players on massive wages is another thing.

It’s not as hard as you’re making it out to be.

What’s the difference between the City team now and the one under Mancini? Both were/are very good in the PL/domestic cups but still fail to succeed in the CL.

Lampard was a rookie at Chelsea similar to Arteta, it was obvious he was out of his depth whilst Guardiola came off the back of having the best Barcelona side in history, bullying the league in Germany and doing the same here in England.

It would be really interesting if you put Jose Mourinho in a job like City and Guardiola the opposite way, at a club that wouldn’t back him in the window or are scared of winning trophies. I think Guardiola would struggle imo.

Also, Utd is a poisoned chalice like Arsenal. What manager has succeeded there after Fergie?

Batman

Pep’s main issue is he always over complicates things. I remember some Bayern fans complaining about that when he was there. Got a feeling he’ll misuse Grealish and he won’t be as good as everyone is expecting.

Arteta learnt that skill from his Sensei as it’s one of his key traits too.
Yes, Mikel has absolutely taken all of Pep's worst traits.

Batman

Not worried about Villa packing in decent attacker name after decent attacker name, none of them are Grealish, none of them look like they can become another Grealish for them. Think we're clear, at least this season. Expecting Bailey in particular to disappoint.

Chelsea throwing money on Lukaku is lovely too, unfortunately for everyone it'll bring United into the mix as the logical destination for Haaland, as some were discussing some pages ago.
I think Perez will offer himself to Raiola if that's what it takes to get Haaland to Madrid. He has to do something. Few in football if any have had a worse last few months.

TinFish

Not really. I don't want any of the players they bought as Arsenal signings tbh.
Whilst I agree with you, they are making astute signings that fit in well to their team. I expect them to be a lot closer to Arsenal this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom