• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 521,664
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Of course United may give the fraud a new contract, their leadership is that stupid. They dont care that he is more interested in promoting his crappy books than playing football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I can't believe Willian going to Fulham 💀

He going to score against us is he?

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Arsenal won’t get a penny if Aubameyang makes the Chelsea transfer despite paying his £7m Barcelona wages last season.............. Abua would love this especially if he plays against us and scores the winner and collects the golden boot at the end of the season. Still think it was silly to let him go because the pretender couldn't manage him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Arsenal won’t get a penny if Aubameyang makes the Chelsea transfer despite paying his £7m Barcelona wages last season.............. Abua would love this especially if he plays against us and scores the winner and collects the golden boot at the end of the season. Still think it was silly to let him go because the pretender couldn't manage him.
The big problem was a lack of other obvious candidates made him captain. As would be the case with most people, the responsibility fired him for a bit, but was anyone surprised when it became clear that he wasn't really ideal captain material? That's not to criticise him - most people aren't, and particularly not strikers (and especially ones who aren't that involved in general play).
His issues around timekeeping and occasionally losing a bit of professional focus when things aren't going great were already documented, and are totally in keeping with his personality - which again isn't really a criticism because he brings other valuable qualities.
But it is a problem when its your captain, especially with a young group. I'm all for giving a little latitude to star players if they bring enough to the dressing room in other ways, which all signs indicate Auba did, but your captain needs to be the standard setter on a consistent basis.

I don't know how possible it is for you to keep a guy as captain when he's less professional than some of your kids, and I don't know how you repair a relationship with a guy you sack as captain when he's re-signed his contract on the basis of being captain.

I DO think it could have been handled better to try to limit the fall out. Arteta doesn't seem the best at being able to put the arm round the shoulder while telling people off and certainly AON makes me think that I could manage certain personalities better than him having had a few leadership roles. He needs to learn to be a bit less black and white - hearing him talk both on the record and the covos with GO'D suggests he was a bit scarred by some of the bullshit behind the scenes at the end of the Wenger period - the Colney Creche as people called it.

Unless Chelsea also do all the other business they want, there is no way Auba would get a sniff of the golden boot if he goes there, no matter how motivated he is. Apart from Drogba, the only strikers to do a thing there in the last 25 years have been nasty bastards, and they just don;t play a style that would suit his game.

Don't think it will happen anyway. He's always wanted to play in Spain, he'll still get plenty of game time, and I believe the sincerity of his affection for Arsenal - he's quite a sensitive and emotional guy.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Just think what happens if Forest drop straight back down. Surely all these new deals must have contingencies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like klopp rule out anymore incomings this window. Don't understand why they so strict with spending how you can compete in Europe and league when your midfield is full of injury prone players. Thiago already out for more than a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom