• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 525,321
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Since benzema in 2009 to Madrid their noticable transfers are:

2011 Pjanic to Roma for 11M (good)
2012 Lloris to Sp**s for 12M (good)
2013 Lovren to Southampton for 10M (good)
2015 N’Jie to Sp**s for 14M (bad)
2016 Umtiti to Barca for 25M (bad)
2017 Lacazette to Arsenal for 53M (mediocre)
2017 Tolisso to Bayern for 41M (bad)
2018 Diaz to Madrid for 21M (buyback)
2018 Geubels to Monaco for 20M (wtf)
2018 Diakhaby to Valencia for 15M (good)
2019 Ndombele to Sp**s for 60M (haha)
2019 Mendy to Madrid for 48M (good)
2019 Tousart to Hertha for 25M (bad)
2019 Fekir to Betis for 20M (mediocre)
2020 Traore to villa for 20M (bad)

Left 2021 and 2022 out because its too early to say but I have to say Andersen to crystal palace is looking very good.

Conclusion: the time where u could get value for money for players from Lyon has long past.
Are the ratings in brackets for the value Lyon got or whether the player was good? Because there's no way Umtiti for 25m was bad for Barcelona, he was world class for two years before he ruined his knee, Lovren was mostly trash but still a good deal for Soton because Liverpool bought him immediately for an inflated fee, Diakhaby had about one decent season before he turned to ****, losing Fekir for 20m to Betis was bad for Lyon but brilliant for Betis etc

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Terrier scored 21 goals last season and there no serious link about him. He can play in both wings as well. Strange.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I dunno man, it’s kinda like saying Southampton players are overrated because not every player is Mane and Bale was years ago.
If Southampton continously sold average players for way more than they are worth and people were hyping up those signings, than that would be a fair comparison.

This is not about Lyon being unable to develop the next Mbappe. Its about the overrating of a range of average to good players (by football fans) that came from Lyon which were sold for big fees and did not live up to that hype.

Lyon is a better club to buy from than most, they do ok.
For the going rates, I would disagree. They do ok, some better than others, but nowhere near their valuation and hype.

I don’t think Aulas’ ability to negotiate should be held against the players. Same with Lille, sometimes you get hazard, sometimes Gervinho.
Being overrated is not something to hold against any player (unless your name is Zlatan). It's the people that do the overrating.

Most of these players on my list were highly rated and have since not lived up to that hype. Not their fault. Just football fans doing football fan things.

And fair play to Aulas, nothing against fleecing top clubs that are desperate enough, that's on them. Let's pray Edu can replicate that when they come for our talent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fofana will eventually go to Chelsea Todd look don't mind pay up i expect the deal reach 80M pounds at least.

Does a team ever spent 250m before? Chelsea will easily reach that this window

sdotzdot

Established Member
Must be the only one happy if he goes there.

Probably got worse hold up play than that fairy Havertz.
AM having a hissy fit.

Hopefully he goes Chelsea so I can see him ghost on the pitch again for 88 minutes and fluff his 1v1.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Media silent on Sp**s spending £100m on Lo Celso and Ndombele and loaning them out.
Because the club didn't demonize them. They were **** so the club silently went about trying to cut their loses.
We on the other hand would have organised a media campaign against them and called them **** and gave them away for free.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could swear that both Mourinho and Conte, called Ndombele a fat waste of space, tbf.

Media do love Sp**s, for whatever reason...they really should have gotten more criticism than they have, this past decade.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Because the club didn't demonize them. They were **** so the club silently went about trying to cut their loses.
We on the other hand would have organised a media campaign against them and called them **** and gave them away for free.
Pepe is still here so that’s not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom