• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 521,712
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
People don’t want to say it but it’s reality. Conte is building a serious team and City/Liverpool are due an off season.

Sp**s will finish 3rd minimum next season, outstanding side.
I don't see it, outstanding forwards, outstanding manager, yes, rest of the squad is very 'meh' in my opinion.

I can't see a great deal of change from last season with them, Chelsea, United and us fighting for 3rd-6th with 65-75 points.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Richarlison is a next level signing, a player that will elevate the team to greater things. You thought Conte was lucky with world class Son and Kane coming clutch? he now has a player to fill the gaps whenever Kane has a dry spell.

Conte is a title contender next season, basically. Might take over Pool's spot as they learn how to make their new strikeforce gel.

This post is next level drivel if there ever was one :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't see it, outstanding forwards, outstanding manager, yes, rest of the squad is very 'meh' in my opinion.

I can't see a great deal of change from last season with them, Chelsea, United and us fighting for 3rd-6th with 65-75 points.
Nice to see the annual overrating of Sp**s squad has begun. Two world class forwards and potentially very good CB in Romero.
Sound like Arsenal fans who thought we’d beat them at the end of the season, only for us to get man handled.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Had a feeling that it would be us missing out when Richarlison and Raphinha were being linked with us, Tottenham and Chelsea.

Holding that London L as per…

Careful! Any further burrowing & you're likely to end up in Conte's large intestines :lol:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Sound like Arsenal fans who thought we’d beat them at the end of the season, only for us to get man handled.
They have the edge on us for sure, last season and the upcoming one, better manager and two World class strikers. I think we will probably finish behind them but I don't see a huge gulf in class, maybe by a few points like last season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They have the edge on us for sure, last season and the upcoming one, better manager and two World class strikers. I think we will probably finish behind them but I don't see a huge gulf in class, maybe by a few points like last season.

Collectively we have better defenders, they have better attackers, the midfield is fairly even. World class attackers will win you games though which is why they finished above us and might do again depending on how Jesus works out. Better manager as well which helps.

Goonger

People don’t want to say it but it’s reality. Conte is building a serious team and City/Liverpool are due an off season.

Sp**s will finish 3rd minimum next season, outstanding side.

Do you think Sp**s signings are better than Chelseas if they get Raphinha, Sterling and a couple of top defenders?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Do you think Sp**s signings are better than Chelseas if they get Raphinha, Sterling and a couple of top defenders?
Think Sp**s signings are perfect for their squad, and they’ll add another couple I think. But also, I think Conte > Tuchel. Tuchel hasn’t done anything in the PL.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd be gutted if Sp**s got Richarlison. Find it really strange that they seem to be the only side in for him.

Goonger

Think Sp**s signings are perfect for their squad, and they’ll add another couple I think. But also, I think Conte > Tuchel. Tuchel hasn’t done anything in the PL.

Not sure I agree, for me Sp**s signings are being overrated on here. Solid signings, nothing more. Chelsea also schooled Sp**s in every game last season. Sp**s didn't even score vs them in 4 games.

Chelsea vs Sp**s in Matchday 2 will tell us a bit about where both teams are.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ill believe Conte is a title contender when I see them play something more than just counter attacks next season.

As it stands... their mid block, counter attacking football will not win you the league, because that works well for mid table and lower sides who do not have to come out at all. Sp**s need to press higher up the pitch for starters, and they have the players to do that. Problem is... they arent willing to push their lines up because that opens them up to be countered.

To Conte's credit, he has Sp**s pressing more once teams cross into their half, so he is adaptable to latest trends.

Tell.

The top 2 positions are locked. The most competitive farmers league in the world. If anyone can finish within 10pts of them they'll of had a pretty decent season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not sure I agree, for me Sp**s signings are being overrated on here. Solid signings, nothing more. Chelsea also schooled Sp**s in every game last season. Sp**s didn't even score vs them in 4 games.

Chelsea vs Sp**s in Matchday 2 will tell us a bit about where both teams are.

Too early in the season for me to be honest. Also, games between the top sides are usually tight affairs, so we wont really see what they are capable of.

Think the teams will start to show their ability around matchday 10 to be honest. That would be where we've seen them play more teams of lesser quality and how they are able to deal with the various situations.

Energoto

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Lenglet

Spence
Bentacur
Bissouma
Sessegnon

Kule
Kane
Son

With Richarlison covering Kane and Son? I’m absolutely petrified.
Yeah, right, they are spanking 60M on Richarlison to warm the bench. Kulusevski hasnt shown anything to be an indisputed starter. And I am really petrified by this defense...

Goonger

Too early in the season for me to be honest. Also, games between the top sides are usually tight affairs, so we wont really see what they are capable of.

Think the teams will start to show their ability around matchday 10 to be honest. That would be where we've seen them play more teams of lesser quality and how they are able to deal with the various situations.

True, but sometimes it can be about building momentum. I'm thinking more from Sp**s perspective, if they were to win at the Bridge, a place they've traditionally struggled at, it would lay down an early season marker and give Conte's side real belief.

To be honest, I'm not worried about any other side anyway. We're in the richest league in the world, with many of the richest teams, which means a lot of teams are going to be buying a lot of very good players.

We just need to concentrate in ourselves. 61 points in Arteta's first full season, 69 points in his 2nd, we now need to be hitting that 75/76 point mark.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s got CL and borrowed a **** ton of money out for this window and the best deal they got was Bissouma.

They’ve been bent over by Everton who somehow got £60M for a guy who’s never scored more than 11 goals in the PL all while they are begging for money because of FFP.

If Arsenal got CL and that’s our window I’d throw up.

Don’t let @Hunta fool you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom