• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 521,810
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Pogba got 3 goals the season before Ronaldo came with greenwood getting 7.

Added sancho who on paper you’d have expected to add more to their attacking numbers. He’s gone from playing with an all action CF in haaland, to Ronaldo who cannot run in behind.

Cavani fits their style much better, dynamic, ridiculous work ethic & up there with the best in the world with regard his movement. He’s the big loss for them, not Ronaldo if he goes.

I imagine they got less penalties because their attacking play was terrible and they therefore spent less time in the box.
Ronaldo was 3rd best scorer overall in EPL last season. Say what you want (and I agree) that he worsens their overall play, but replacing 18 EPL goals is not cheap.

Losing Ronaldo makes them need to spend money on a starting striker in a market where there are no cheap and clear ones available.

It will be a big bump in their project at this point needing to replace him. They might allocate their funds from other planned transfers to this.

Martial is coming back but he is horrible and likely hates United already.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I reckon De Jong would probably rather retire now, than play for a team with Harry Maguire as captain.

Imagine his deathbed confession to that effect.

The Dutch authorities might revoke his citizenship & have his obituary read "Belgian mercenary who played with Slabhead, dies after electing to leave minor circus for a major one" :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
And players all over Europe still twerking to join them.
Football players are so so dumb sometimes, I swear.
Its because of thier historic name and Messi. All this generation watched Messi and Ronaldo that's why when real madrid and barca want the players it's over for other teams.

Still that won't last with the way they been run

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Southampton spent near 30m on man city academy players.

I don't get how you spent 10m on guy who 18 years old and no experience in top level football PL is spoiled with money but man city fans say he very talented

sdotzdot

Established Member
Ronaldo was 3rd best scorer overall in EPL last season. Say what you want (and I agree) that he worsens their overall play, but replacing 18 EPL goals is not cheap.

Losing Ronaldo makes them need to spend money on a starting striker in a market where there are no cheap and clear ones available.

It will be a big bump in their project at this point needing to replace him. They might allocate their funds from other planned transfers to this.

Nail on the head. Having to replace 20+ goals from one player, especially when he was far and away ahead of anyone else in terms of goals is a disaster, no two ways about it.

Halcyon Daze

Southampton spent near 30m on man city academy players.

I don't get how you spent 10m on guy who 18 years old and no experience in top level football PL is spoiled with money but man city fans say he very talented
Should stick with taking Chelsea’s academy kids. Served them very well.

WhatAFC

I know what you mean, but you can speculate that Fernandes will get back to his average goal tally without Ronaldo, which is another 6-10 goals. Rashford hitting double figures is another 5, sancho will surely get more than 3.

If they bring in a striker that gets 10 but brings the best out of their other attacking players it’s not that big of a void losing Ronaldo’s 18 goals.

With the players they’ve released & if Ronaldo does leave it’s saving them over £70m a year in wages. They’ll be fine spending whatever they pretty much want.

Money isn’t the problem, it’s selling players the project with the terrible feeling around that club.

OSBK

Established Member
Ronaldo guarantees goals, you cant put a price on that. Look at how much bayern want for a 34yr old lewond. Ronaldo leaving utd is terrible for them. I also dont get this rubbish about how utd are not good when ronaldo plays, those utd players are not good and thats the problem. Also if you watch ronaldo goals from last season some of those goals were great football and insane finishes. He plays up front with a group of hungry young dynamic players and he is getting 30 goals.

He will kill it at bayern

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I know what you mean, but you can speculate that Fernandes will get back to his average goal tally without Ronaldo, which is another 6-10 goals. Rashford hitting double figures is another 5, sancho will surely get more than 3.

If they bring in a striker that gets 10 but brings the best out of their other attacking players it’s not that big of a void losing Ronaldo’s 18 goals.

With the players they’ve released & if Ronaldo does leave it’s saving them over £70m a year in wages. They’ll be fine spending whatever they pretty much want.

Money isn’t the problem, it’s selling players the project with the terrible feeling around that club.
Currently I see it wishful thinking they will get any fee for Ronaldo who is known to cause problems if he is unhappy. Also I think United will have to pay at least half of his wages. So it's not freeing the wage bill as much. Unless Ronaldo nulls his contract or something to get out.

Also if big clubs don't want Ronaldo and he goes to Roma or Napoli, good luck getting money from them. Even worse prospects for that from Italian clubs.

It's a similar situation to Auba. We paid some of his big wages for 6 months and let him go for free. The wages were also smaller than Ronaldo's.

There is no escaping that having to buy a starting striker affects their other business. Unless they get money somewhere and can dodge FFP somehow.

WhatAFC

Ronaldo guarantees goals, you cant put a price on that. Look at how much bayern want for a 34yr old lewond. Ronaldo leaving utd is terrible for them. I also dont get this rubbish about how utd are not good when ronaldo plays, those utd players are not good and thats the problem. Also if you watch ronaldo goals from last season some of those goals were great football and insane finishes. He plays up front with a group of hungry young dynamic players and he is getting 30 goals.

He will kill it at bayern
He does guarantee goals. At the expense of other players.

Year before Ronaldo joined juve:
Dybala - 22
Higuain - 16
Khedira - 9

Year Ronaldo joined juve:
Next top scorer - mandzukic - 9
Keane - 6
Dybala - 5

The guy is a machine & gets goals, but kills other players outputs.

Look at benzema’s numbers since he left.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Dybala - 22
Higuain - 16
Khedira - 9

Keane - 6
Dybala - 5

This is true. People laughed at Benzema but the talent was clearly there, guy just had to sacrifice everything for CR7. Look at him now.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Tagliafico is 30 years old next month. Not the profile Arsenal has been targeting.

They clearly now have money to spend, so they're not buying some stop-gap who has spent his whole career at Holland. They want someone who they know will start, and Martinez looks very solid player, perfect for the inverted LB role.

Remember that getting Martinez as LB would likely let us sell Holding, so it gives us some of the money back.
Arsenal always doing things twisted. If you have a promising young player then you get an experienced but cheap player who can cover without problems and share that experience. Tagliafico and Zaha for example would be two excellent covers for so little. They don't block your young players but they can rotate without problems. Going for a Nuno type is asking for troubles, at that stage those players need to play regularly, and will commit mistakes... That's why teams loan them at that stage of their career if you are a top club.

Simply our board has no clue of managing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Carragher and Neville's spat over Ronaldo (especially Jamie) is proper pathetic.

Both are grown adults, but are getting on like young fanboys on twitter.

Hate so much, with football these days.

OSBK

Established Member

Dybala - 22
Higuain - 16
Khedira - 9

Keane - 6
Dybala - 5

Mandzukic, keane, dybala and khederia are all not prolific goalscorers. Ronaldo was bangin in 40 goals a season, its probably more than that 4 combined. Sure we can look at benzema and how his number have improved, ronaldo scored 311 goals in 292 apps for madrid. That spell in madrid he didnt make the rest of the team turn to garbage, he elevated them. One of the best real teams in the history of the club.

Every club he has gone to he has improved the club and the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom