• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 526,328
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sorry you feel that way Smokey and the Bandit... Obviously could be wrong, but if it was Arsenal signing him from Barcelona, I think you'd have most people on here questioning the wisdom. It's only nostalgia that's getting people riled up really. Of course, he's probably going to score for fun against us - that much is a given - but he'll be massively on flop -watch overall.

I think most people are questioning the wisdom in paying 7m for him to leave the club and then 6 months later a rival willing to offer to buy him, that’s a huge howler in my books. I very much doubt nostalgia comes into play, possibly with @Riou but a lot of people on here still thought he was good enough to start for us before he left the club and it’s only been 6 months, so I doubt that’s a huge factor in people still thinking he’s good enough.

Like I said, it’ll be more to do with Chelsea’s system rather than Auba if he eventually flops imo. If you can, try and name 3 strikers who they’ve signed and have set the PL alight in the last 10 years? Costa is the only one that spring to mind yet they’ve been through many strikers in that period.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Graeme Sourness on Sky Sports said that Auba "struggled" in the the Prem at Arsenal.

Did he miss the 60 goals he scored for us in 2 seasons, winning the FA cup and golden boot?

Then he bizarrely defended Lukaku, "One of the best CFs in the world today", Souness labelled him.

Just bizarre allround :lol:

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Graeme Sourness on Sky Sports said that Auba "struggled" in the the Prem at Arsenal.

Did he miss the 60 goals he scored for us in 2 seasons, winning the FA cup and golden boot?

Then he bizarrely defended Lukaku, "One of the best CFs in the world today", Souness labelled him.

Yeah, Souness said it 'didn't work out for him at Arsenal'. These pundits are just puppets there to fill space & time with their absolute drivel.

I mean, it didn't end great, but I think most would agree his time with us was mostly very good.

I just happened to be somewhere where it was on today, but my word I'm glad I dont have Sky Sports...Jamie Carragher would be enough for me to cancel!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also...for as much as Chelsea outplayed Sp**s today, they didn't create enough chances...not sure a new CF is the real issue, think Tuchel is a pretty poor attacking manager.

The Premier League is so fast and physical, that it's incredibly difficult to create chances here, you really have to earn it...think Tuchel can set up a defence very well, but he really can hurt his forward line...think Chelsea's issues are more system based for their attackers, Sterling could really get buried this season...think Tommy needs to be questioned more, tbh.

Peak Auba is good enough to convert the few clear chances they will create...but is he peak Auba anymore, that's the question?

Can 100% guarantee, that Arsène would have had Havertz and Werner getting double figures in the Prem.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Souness chats probably the most sh*t of all pundits

TornadoTed

Established Member
Also Xhaka, despite his limitations, will literally do his best to do anything a manager instructs him to, no matter how stupid (2nd season Emery says hello), as well as embracing the role of big brother to the young players.
This is a massive point that most people completely overlook about Xhaka. He alluded to it himself after the Newcastle loss last season where he said in the post match interview that a lot of the team just didn't follow the instructions they had been given.

He may have some limitations but is clearly a smart guy and understands what is being asked of him and carries it out.

I think this is why 'serial winners' like Mourinho and Conte pack their teams with 30 year old players, they just understand and are able to execute tactics better.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Mystery winger

George Clooney Reaction GIF

Whoever handles transfers at Utd ready to add more fuel to the 🔥

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Used to despise the bitter bigoted little prick Souness but starting to feel sorry for him, pretty sure he's demented or at least showing strong early signs of it.

Probably best if he were taken out back and shot, it's what he would've wanted.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He’s a good prospect, thought he looked impressive when I saw him play for Forest.

Should be starting yoots like him rather than absolute trash like Poono Fernandesh.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Souness is bad pundit. Auba would've easily get Salah numbers in PL if his form and off pitch issue didn't affect him from 2020 until he left.

Lukaku cost Chelsea and utd combined 180M and he flopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom