• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 521,941
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Makes sense from Madrid to sell, Perez knows when to sell a player for sure. Lack of ambition from Casemiro to come play for Manchester though, comes purely for the money which is not what United need but they fail to see that, again.
Does Casemiro really need to show ambition to win trophies at this point? Guy has 5 CLs. If anything trying something new at a failing club is more ambitious.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Btw this is what I hate about the modern football “analytics” community.

Get some stats which aren’t even necessarily indicators of a top midfielder then make a graph.

In what world are guys like Al Musrati and Renato Tapia better than Casemiro in 2022 ffs?

Trust me, bad analytics and people who swear by them annoy people who are into proper, sound analytics more than anyone. Any real analyst would know that contextualizing stats is integral to analytics.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Again a player that in 2018 was decent. Not sure now.
Last season a point per 216 minutes in LaLiga, 2590 minutes 6+6 according to Transfermarkt. 29 years old in two weeks. Season before a point per 137 minutes in LaLiga.

Last season both ESR and Martinelli had something like a point per ~140-155 minutes in a tougher league if I remember correctly.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Yeah, but spunking something like 110 million pounds on a midget LCB and 30,5 year old DMF seems like the team is patched on a couple of areas only. And you can't even play Martinez and Malacia at the same time.

What I'm asking is like against Brentford, your players (like ours before) weren't capable to build from the back well or dominate possession with effect.

Do you think it's good to buy a couple very expensive players when it's likely not enough quality in the total team to play like Ten Hag wants?

If you buy couple very expensive players per season to finish in UEL at maximum, Varane, Casemiro and others will already be past it when the team is complete enough.

Look at what we did last summer, and this summer and the age profile.

To me it seems you just continue what hasn't worked and Ten Hag will be sacked soon enough for it all to begin again.

Also wondering if he should change his tactics to fit the team he has?
Well, that’s why we are splashing those money to fix the defense and midfield first so we can build from the back well or dominate possession. We only had 50m net spent so far this season, while you are 2nd biggest net spent so far and then look at you last season splash big chunks of money on skinny Ben White and had poor start as well. In fact you were the biggest spender last season and you spent them on defense and midfield area first.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure but this look utd giving journalists news to report so they show thier fans they trying.

They'll still sign players but doing this will only make selling teams fleecing them more. They should keep things more private

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well, that’s why we are splashing those money to fix the defense and midfield first so we can build from the back well or dominate possession. We only had 50m net spent so far this season, while you are 2nd biggest net spent so far and then look at you last season splash big chunks of money on skinny Ben White and had poor start as well. In fact you were the biggest spender last season and you spent them on defense and midfield area first.
I wouldn't mock White if I were you, after you said he is not EPL proven & that Varane is much better, when we saw how good White was last season overall. Besides he had covid at the start of the season.

If you compare only WhoScored ratings between him and your crock Varane, both have exactly the same rating (6.78), but White is 4,5 years younger, HG, and on much lesser wages. And White played 1000 EPL minutes more which shows solidity and durability. In fact if you compare FBref, both have overall quite similar stats with only some differences.

Btw. Why doesn't Varane start currently? Has he been injured again?

I wasn't even talking about who spends the most, my questions were totally different, but you didn't address them. Yes we have spent a lot, which you should too, because our squad was in a similar dungpile as yours is now.

I was just asking if you think it's wise to invest so much money on a couple players, and possibly some that are ~30 years old and big wages, rather than do what we did, and invest in many cheaper younger talented players, whose cost includes their potential for the future and who are not on big wages. But who can likely play how Ten Hag wants to. I understand going for big names last season when you had UCL and 2nd place to build on, but not now.

Also wanted to know if you think Ten Hag should adjust your tactics to the squad, or push on with his favoured tactic, eventhough building from the back hasn't worked well with your players and goalkeeper.

If you get Martinez & Casemiro for maybe 110 million pounds with add-ons, how much money do you have for other players, and will that be enough for Ten Hag to play how he likes to?

I can't see you getting top 4 for a couple of years anyway, so it's baffling why you don't try to copy what we did. The example is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom