• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 525,847
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

They would have got him for less than that if they'd sorted their s**t out and gone in right at the start of the window instead of p**ssing about with de Jong for months.
They offered 60M a month ago and ajax refused so thats not true

razörist

Can’t believe United are offering 80M for an ajax player after Vd Beek and Martinez.. :lol:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I wouldn't mock White if I were you, after you said he is not EPL proven & that Varane is much better, when we saw how good White was last season overall. Besides he had covid at the start of the season.

If you compare only WhoScored ratings between him and your crock Varane, both have exactly the same rating (6.78), but White is 4,5 years younger, HG, and on much lesser wages. And White played 1000 EPL minutes more which shows solidity and durability. In fact if you compare FBref, both have overall quite similar stats with only some differences.

Btw. Why doesn't Varane start currently? Has he been injured again?

I wasn't even talking about who spends the most, my questions were totally different, but you didn't address them. Yes we have spent a lot, which you should too, because our squad was in a similar dungpile as yours is now.

I was just asking if you think it's wise to invest so much money on a couple players, and possibly some that are ~30 years old and big wages, rather than do what we did, and invest in many cheaper younger talented players, whose cost includes their potential for the future and who are not on big wages. But who can likely play how Ten Hag wants to. I understand going for big names last season when you had UCL and 2nd place to build on, but not now.

Also wanted to know if you think Ten Hag should adjust your tactics to the squad, or push on with his favoured tactic, eventhough building from the back hasn't worked well with your players and goalkeeper.

If you get Martinez & Casemiro for maybe 110 million pounds with add-ons, how much money do you have for other players, and will that be enough for Ten Hag to play how he likes to?

I can't see you getting top 4 for a couple of years anyway, so it's baffling why you don't try to copy what we did. The example is there.
He’s skinny, I’m not mocking I’m just saying that it’s a fact that he’s skinny. :lol: You want me to lie calling him fatty Ben white?

Splashing 50m on skinny Ben white when you have saliba. Could have use that money to buy top class striker to finish in top 4 above Sp**s last season but you chose to loan out saliba and spent the money on ‘’expensive’’ player.

Do you know why Arteta chose to spent big money on skinny Ben white and focus on midfield and defense first before attacking areas last season? Could not arteta just adjust the tactic by playing saliba and spend the money more on attack first? The answers of that questions probably would be the same as the answers of your questions.

razörist

He’s skinny, I’m not mocking I’m just saying that it’s a fact that he’s skinny. :lol: Splashing 50m on skinny Ben white when you have saliba. Could have use that money to buy top class striker to finish in top 4 above Sp**s last season but you chose to loan out saliba and spent the money on ‘’expensive’’ player.

Do you know why Arteta chose to spent big money on skinny Ben white and focus on midfield and defense first before attacking areas last season? Could not arteta just adjust the tactic by playing saliba and spend the money more on attack first? The answers of that questions probably would be the same as the answers of your questions.
Why are you talking? :lol: Don’t talk about players or fees on here look at what your club is doing again:lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Btw this is what I hate about the modern football “analytics” community.

Get some stats which aren’t even necessarily indicators of a top midfielder then make a graph.

In what world are guys like Al Musrati and Renato Tapia better than Casemiro in 2022 ffs?

I used to have a real dislike for the stats community. I feel like it’s the “Americanisation” of football that I don’t like, but in time I’ve come to somewhat respect them. Although, we as a fanbase have been guilty of propping up the analytics gang. Everyone thought StatDNA would help modernise us. Then we believed Sven would fix us, funnily enough, his best transfer (Auba) was the one that needed little data to support his transfer. You just saw his talent.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He’s skinny, I’m not mocking I’m just saying that it’s a fact that he’s skinny. :lol: You want me to lie calling him fatty Ben white?

Splashing 50m on skinny Ben white when you have saliba. Could have use that money to buy top class striker to finish in top 4 above Sp**s last season but you chose to loan out saliba and spent the money on ‘’expensive’’ player.

At the time I thought the money spent on a CB and GK was a waste

But who do you think we could have got as a CF who improved us 12 months ago? I don't see anyone

We could maybe have improved our midfield. Although it seems Xhaka is vital for our morale to work. Which is annoying.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I used to have a real dislike for the stats community. I feel like it’s the “Americanisation” of football that I don’t like, but in time I’ve come to somewhat respect them. Although, we as a fanbase have been guilty of propping up the analytics gang. Everyone thought StatDNA would help modernise us. Then we believed Sven would fix us, funnily enough, his best transfer (Auba) was the one that needed little data to support his transfer. You just saw his talent.

Sven left after a year. He never got a real chance. Everything that even smells like "Americanisation" must be opposed btw.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good stats and bad stats imo. American sports are easier to analyse than football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom