• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Big G was decent for the fee we paid i mean what did you expect to get when you pay 12M for a striker? i think he did a good job but players like Alexis Özil deserved much better striker around them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Giroud summed up the way Arsenal have behaved since the Emirates era and the way some fans have responded to that.

At £12m he was a good signing, it was good business. The issue is of course he shouldnt have been our main striker signing. A club with ambition would have had him as a plan b rotational player, someone who is backup to a more prolific player. Giroud gave us some good football and also some quite bad football. Overall he was a decent to good player and would have been a fantastic squad option given his strengths. Being scapegoated for our troubles was ignoring the real dynamics and facts of the matter.

This club is so reactionary, instead of being pro-active and understanding before even signing him (or after a year or two) that he isnt good enough to start, they waited even longer and then just panic bought. We signed Laca and Auba for over £100m even though we only needed the one. Why didnt we pay the extra money for Auba in the first place instead of having to learn the hard way we need him? It's just all an absolute mess and terrible squad planning. This combo wasnt balanced and we could have signed a younger more technical winger with the money we signed Laca for, or a midfielder.

In my opinion we ****ed up again by not letting Laca leave last summer for a cut price deal and replacing him. I hope it was because of covid and we sell him next summer. I'll take 10m for him to get him off our books. If we ask for too much some clubs are just going to wait it out and sign him next summer, and then you have another player just sitting on his arse because its financially viable for them. The more I think about it the more I realise thats the most likely outcome of this. We've seen it with Mustafi, Özil, Sokratis. They earn a lot of money here anyway so they might as well collect that and leave on a bosman, getting them even more money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Seemed like he was nailed on for Real Madrid next summer, might still be tbf but it'll be an even bigger fee now

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Carassco and Martial have had solid careers since leaving Monaco as well. In fairness, that was quite some team.

Martial was two seasons earlier than that "golden team." He left at the end of 14/15. He has never played a senior game with Mbappé at club level.

The side that won the Ligue 1 and Semi Finalists in the Champions League was in the season of 16/17.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I geniunely don't get why these players sign these contracts?? What use is it to Grealish to agree to that £100m release clause.. it just means its more difficult for him to leave especially given the contract length.

There's no way Villa are paying him enough to make it worthwhile, and even if they did he could earn more at a club quicker without such a lengthy contract.

We saw this with Zaha, he secured the bag short term but now he's stuck there- Palace just abused the fact he signed a contract and used it against him in the name of making as much money as possible- which all businesses are gonna do.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I geniunely don't get why these players sign these contracts?? What use is it to Grealish to agree to that £100m release clause.. it just means its more difficult for him to leave especially given the contract length.

There's no way Villa are paying him enough to make it worthwhile, and even if they did he could earn more at a club quicker without such a lengthy contract.

We saw this with Zaha, he secured the bag short term but now he's stuck there- Palace just abused the fact he signed a contract and used it against him in the name of making as much money as possible- which all businesses are gonna do.

How is it more difficult to leave with a release clause than without one? Given the market, I think that's pretty good release clause from Grealish's point of view. He knows there is legit interest for him from clubs like ManC & ManU for whom the £100m is perfectly doable

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How is it more difficult to leave with a release clause than without one? Given the market, I think that's pretty good release clause from Grealish's point of view. He knows there is legit interest for him from clubs like ManC & ManU for whom the £100m is perfectly doable
I went onto explain that the 100m thing is pointless and at the end of the day villa have all the power in this situation, unless someone pays a ****load of money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom