• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Which of of Martinelli and Saka would you swap for Brooks?

Olise looks good, but is he better than Guendouzi at this stage? No. Is he better than ESR? Doubt it, so what are we worried about. He may be as good as Willock, AMN, Azeez and Nelson- time will tell.
If we continue with our transfer strategy then they will overtake us. I've been saying this for ****ing years, and this club still hasn't seemed to properly catch onto the obvious, that we need to be signing top tier young players. Under Wenger we wasted his nurturing capabilities by signing low grade youth players like Sanogo Jenkinson and Holding. And now we seem to be wasting wages or fees on washed up players.

Its time to sign 18-23 year olds who either have a very high ceiling from young, or who have proven they have a high ceiling through the few years they've been playing. We've seen some promising signs so far but I've been seeing some mixed messages at times with signings like Mari Cedric Willian etc. players who are at risk of building up a new deadwood list which cripples us financially.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we continue with our transfer strategy then they will overtake us. I've been saying this for ****ing years, and this club still hasn't seemed to properly catch onto the obvious, that we need to be signing top tier young players. Under Wenger we wasted his nurturing capabilities by signing low grade youth players like Sanogo Jenkinson and Holding. And now we seem to be wasting wages or fees on washed up players.

Its time to sign 18-23 year olds who either have a very high ceiling from young, or who have proven they have a high ceiling through the few years they've been playing. We've seen some promising signs so far but I've been seeing some mixed messages at times with signings like Mari Cedric Willian etc. players who are at risk of building up a new deadwood list which cripples us financially.

I think you're being a little unfair. We've signed Holding, Mavro, Saliba and Tierney to bolster our defence. All of whom were 23 or under when signed.

We've signed Douzi in midfield whilst having Azeez, Patino, AMN, Willock and ESR.

In attack, we signed a 24 year old Pepe and have Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Eddie and TJJ.

To be honest, I'd be pretty pissed off if we were bringing in youngsters from the Championship. We need established players like Partey to guide our youngsters.

Edit, I forgot Gabriel.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think you're being a little unfair. We've signed Holding, Mavro, Saliba and Tierney to bolster our defence. All of whom were 23 or under when signed.

We've signed Douzi in midfield whilst having Azeez, Patino, AMN, Willock and ESR.

In attack, we signed a 24 year old Pepe and have Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Eddie and TJJ.

To be honest, I'd be pretty pissed off if we were bringing in youngsters from the Championship. We need established players like Partey to guide our youngsters.

Edit, I forgot Gabriel.
Maybe I am a bit. I know we have signed more young players since Gazidis went but I don't know, we have also done some sus stuff too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Which of of Martinelli and Saka would you swap for Brooks?

Olise looks good, but is he better than Guendouzi at this stage? No. Is he better than ESR? Doubt it, so what are we worried about. He may be as good as Willock, AMN, Azeez and Nelson- time will tell.

Olise is a world class talent. He’s scoring and assisting goals at a rate Guendouzi never has.

Brooks is better than Pepe as well imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bit unfair comparing Olise to Douzi, no? They play different positions.

Well yeah don’t get why he compared them off the bat.

Although could see Olise playing as an 8 as well as a 10 which is scary. Think he’s a better talent than even Jude Bellingham was last year.

For 8M we should be trying to make a move, no way Villa should be jumping the queue.

truth_hurts

I want Olise at the price quoted. Would you guys swap him for ESR? I wouldn't. Maybe the two could play together, but we aren't in a position to have 2 kids in midfield.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Olise is a world class talent. He’s scoring and assisting goals at a rate Guendouzi never has.

Brooks is better than Pepe as well imo.
Olise is exciting but has yet to play a game at the top level (I do think we should be bidding for him though).

Brooks makes Pepe look like Messi

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Olise is exciting but has yet to play a game at the top level (I do think we should be bidding for him though).

Brooks makes Pepe look like Messi

He’s got more assists than Buendia this year except he’s 5 years younger.

The guy is an all world talent. One of the best going.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I love David Brooks. Haven't seen him recently but before his injury I really liked what I was seeing.

truth_hurts

I like Brooks and Olise, but which youngsters do we kill to blood them in here? Your options are ESR, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli. Partey and Auba have to start in the front 6 and none of the players listed are cms. So there are 3 positions (maximum) up for grabs.

I suppose you could kill Pepe.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Does 'tapping up' not exist anymore?

I know this now happens all the time but didnt it used to be a transfer ban if you approached players before getting the clubs permission or has this changed?

Nah clubs get round it by talking to the agents instead. They say “would x be interested in a transfer to us?” and negotiate everything from there.

Really rare clubs make an offer without having agreed it all with the player beforehand.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I like Brooks and Olise, but which youngsters do we kill to blood them in here? Your options are ESR, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli. Partey and Auba have to start in the front 6 and none of the players listed are cms. So there are 3 positions (maximum) up for grabs.

I suppose you could kill Pepe.
I’d kill Nelson in a heartbeat for Olise. Have to be ruthless at the level

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Does 'tapping up' not exist anymore?

I know this now happens all the time but didnt it used to be a transfer ban if you approached players before getting the clubs permission or has this changed?
Guess it's just accepted that everyone does it, as long as it's not done in public like Cole/Mourinho or Hleb/Inter etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Guess it's just accepted that everyone does it, as long as it's not done in public like Cole/Mourinho or Hleb/Inter etc.

Iirc Chelsea f*cked up by having Jose and I think Kenyon meeting directly in a hotel with Ashley.

Now everyone just has WhatsApp and uses the agents as buffers but I guess in the early 2000s it was harder to sort it out.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom