• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Really strange one as last I heard his contract was expiring this summer. A renewal instantly followed by an 18 month loan is just odd
Gotta be some strange accounting loophole due to the pandemic to allow both clubs more flexibility.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
With Vardy out, I see Foxestalk are going on about Eduoard.

Could see some legs in that, specifically with Rodgers knowing him.
Looks like a dead certain transfer going by that. @OnlyOne having the time of his life.

Seriously, Leicester team looks real good. Eduoard, 3 quality players and they can be contenders. Two quality wingers and a left back would have them flying.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With Vardy out, I see Foxestalk are going on about Eduoard.

Could see some legs in that, specifically with Rodgers knowing him.
They desperately need striker even with vardy fit vardy now entering to age where there will be signs of decline and will need to look for new options

SkyArsenal

Hernandez, Nianzou, Sule, Pavard all young, all can play CB. what the hell do they need
Pavard plays as RB 98% of the time, Hernandez is and LB until they get a backup for Davies in and Nianzou seems injury prone, as he was already injured twice(!) since the summer.

On top of that, both Alaba and Boateng (their main CB duo last season) are likely leaving.

SkyArsenal

Are they good? Sule everytime i watch him he look so heavy also aren't hernandez and Pavard fullbacks?
Currently, both Hernandez and Pavard play fullback, like they do for France, yes!

The latter will most likely stay there, with the forms being expected to move into LCB once Alaba leaves and Bayern has an LB backup for Davies.

Süle came back from an ACl tear and is simply massive in both size and girth.
He’s like 2 meters tall and almost 90-100 kgs...

He played really well against Atlético and Leverkusen and his speed hasn’t decreased, but he seems to be less mobile while turning and his acceleration likely also took a hit.

He probably needs to change his body quite a bit, in order to reach his top form again...

With Alaba and Boateng leaving and Nianzou having just had 2 injuries since summer, they certainly need to get 1 really good CB, that will be No. 1 or 2 in front of or between Hernandez and Süle!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Papu Gomez very close to join Sevilla from Atalanta interested to see how he'll do in Spain very skillful creative winger

Bloodbather

Established Member

With Alaba and Boateng leaving and Nianzou having just had 2 injuries since summer, they certainly need to get 1 really good CB, that will be No. 1 or 2 in front of or between Hernandez and Süle!

That's almost certainly going to be Dayot Upamecano.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How could they not get him a CB after everything he's done for them?

Owner’s a proper skinflint.

The Baseball team he owns was similar to Liverpool in that it was a sleeping giant they’ve reawoken to great success.

It was a contender with a huge payroll but all of a sudden they started cutting costs and traded the best player in the game away rather than pay him.

Interested to see if they’ll do the same here. Wouldn’t be surprised tbh.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pretty idiotic. Guy's literally transformed the club back to one of the main clubs in the world and all they need is a CB that would roughly cost 50m at the highest- to retain the title which is a huge freaking deal.

So you want them to spend up to 50m in January during the pandemic? I mean maybe that are just tight bastards, but maybe they just don't have much money right now.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
So you want them to spend up to 50m in January during the pandemic? I mean maybe that are just tight bastards, but maybe they just don't have much money right now.
Well, I don't have the details but upwards of 50m is just a number and they can surely afford a decent outlay being PL champions, CL winners and not overly big spenders or having spent a lot. How hard do you reckon would be to find a serviceable and affordable CB? It might prove to be the difference of winning another league title which is HUGE. With the pace and possibility of how things change in the PL its absolutely a serious thing really.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well, I don't have the details but upwards of 50m is just a number and they can surely afford a decent outlay being PL champions, CL winners and not overly big spenders or having spent a lot. How hard do you reckon would be to find a serviceable and affordable CB? It might prove to be the difference of winning another league title which is HUGE. With the pace and possibility of how things change in the PL its absolutely a serious thing really.

I'm just saying the financial conditions are affecting everyone, no one is spending money this January. Tickets are a big source of income for any football club, even a big club with tv deals and sponsorships, to go a whole season without ticket sales is gonna have an impact on your business.

Imo it's extreme enough that football is even being played right now, and we're talking about the most essential part of the game i.e the actual game, there's a case to be made that even matches should be stopped. So when you talk about transfers which, however fun and exciting etc, are not such an essential part of the game, it feels a bit silly to be saying Liverpool need to spend money on a CB.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm just saying the financial conditions are affecting everyone, no one is spending money this January. Tickets are a big source of income for any football club, even a big club with tv deals and sponsorships, to go a whole season without ticket sales is gonna have an impact on your business.

Imo it's extreme enough that football is even being played right now, and we're talking about the most essential part of the game i.e the actual game, there's a case to be made that even matches should be stopped. So when you talk about transfers which, however fun and exciting etc, are not such an essential part of the game, it feels a bit silly to be saying Liverpool need to spend money on a CB.
I'm not disagreeing with you but their situation calls for action really. I'd be livid as yourself would be if we miss out on Europe and a worthwhile league finish because of apparent details like not having a creative midfielder, 2nd choice keeper and lb along with the possibility of long term injuries to KT and ESR.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
How could they not get him a CB after everything he's done for them?
if you are as good as everyone says you are you had to make it work.
Fabinho is a CB and he played Henderson there too.

Football is about resolving within the resources that you have. If there is no money, and the pandemic continues, we are going to see who the real managers are and who are just wallet managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom