• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Only one bid for Edouard during window

Despite being heavily linked with a move this summer Odsonne Edouard stayed at Celtic and The Athletic understands that only one written offer was made for the prolific striker.

The proposal came from a German club and fell well below Celtic’s valuation of a player who has scored 50 league goals since initially arriving at Parkhead on loan in 2017.

With Celtic aiming to win a record 10th consecutive SPFL title and progress in the Europa League, keeping hold of Edouard is seen as pivotal to their chances of success. Having tested positive for Covid-19, his absence during Saturday’s Old Firm was keenly felt as Neil Lennon’s side lose 2-0 at home to Rangers.

A host of suitors in England and other European countries enquired about the 22-year-old Frenchman during the recent transfer window, but they were informed of Celtic’s reluctance to sell and did not return with formal bids. Among those to express interest were Aston Villa and Crystal Palace. While Arsenal were reportedly keen, they are thought to have made no contact.

Edouard is into the final two years of his contract and, unless a new deal can be struck, next summer will be Celtic’s last chance to generate a sizeable fee for a player they paid a club-record £9 million to sign permanently from Paris Saint-Germain in 2018

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Surprised at this, really thought a top 6 club would come in for him soon

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Ings tried his luck at big club like Liverpool but failed i don't think he want to risk another big move specially if he considered to euros england squad and next world cup maybe.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Why would they? He’s pushing 30 and not world class.
That doesn't stop clubs from signing players. Sp**s, United and even Chelsea could sign him as a back up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That doesn't stop clubs from signing players. Sp**s, United and even Chelsea could sign him as a back up.
Makes no sense for him. Utd are stacked with young attackers, will sign more, Chelsea have 3 strikers, and Sp**s have the best attack in the league maybe.

Arsenal need him if anything, but even they will target a younger player with bigger potential.

Southampton is the perfect fit for him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Big decision on whether to re-sign

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's good enough for Madrid or Bayern, if he has any ambition he won't re-sign

Bayern don't need him and Madrid will always be a risky move for a star player without star power.

200k plus a week and the chance to become a club legend should have Son signing a new contract and I think it would be smart.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Bayern don't need him and Madrid will always be a risky move for a star player without star power.

200k plus a week and the chance to become a club legend should have Son signing a new contract and I think it would be smart.
Agreed that Bayern won't take him but I reckon Madrid could, he is definitely a star player especially in Asia, his following there is off the charts. My point was more about the fact that he can play at a higher level than Sp**s, he may become a club legend but he won't fulfil his full potential at Sp**s.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd argue that he helped Sp**s to win a serious trophy (hard to type that with a straight face), he'd be fulfilled.

Bale is held in the highest regard and he only won a Carling Cup there before becoming the world transfer record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom