• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Not a proud past . . .

SF Gooner

I've always Hated Man United and I always will. Also the fact of me not being english gives me the right to hate them in Champions league too. I know alot of English folks will root for them (if their teams not involved) for other english teams to go far in the competition. Not me. F them. They are nothing but a bunch of egostisical hypocrites, and that's just their fans. The players are a bunch of cvunts!

barnone

Gunner4life09 said:
If anyone asks me who do i support? i'd probably say confidently "asenal ofcourse!" but what they don't know is my unproud past, i was a manutd fan. i was influence by my uncle when i was 7 when i first started watching and playing football. i was a crazy manutd fan, i was obssed about David Beckham and wanted to be just like him.
quote]

sounds like a true Gooner now though....

A

Anonymous

Gunner4life09 said:
If anyone asks me who do i support? i'd probably say confidently "asenal ofcourse!" but what they don't know is my unproud past, i was a manutd fan. i was influence by my uncle when i was 7 when i first started watching and playing football. i was a crazy manutd fan, i was obssed about David Beckham and wanted to be just like him.

I remember Manutd were coming to Malaysia and i got so excited. i was going crazy! but what made it more enjoyable was that my aunt was one of the Stewardest on that flight, i beg her to ask them for an autograph for me. she did but she got only 1 autograph by Fabien Bartez, because he was the only decent fella in the whole squad who dind't act like total bast#rds to the crew and whenever someone asked for there autograph they would shout and swear. this is a true story. from then on i stop supporting manutd. i didn't support any club until i saw an arsenal game, the FA cup final angainst liverpool which arsenal lost because of Micheal Owens goals. i thought arsenal had deserved to win and i still remember a slick move kanu did which convinced me. now at the age of 13 i am a proud Gooner!

Go back to being a manc, you dont change the team you support.

The Mini

I have properly supported Arsenal for 3 years now, I've always called myself an Arsenal fan but never really cared much for them. For around 3 years I've been talking about it and always checking news about them, and of course been on Forums

neebz

I supported Arsenal from this very season :D

I was very sympathetic with Arsenal when they lost the title last season so I thought they should win this time .

soft heart eh :D

nEEbz

A

Anonymous

Wecome to a club that played the most BORING football for One Hundred years.

leongsh

Hah! They were boring in the 80's (1986-7, that's when I started supporting a team - and it was Arsenal and still is now) and until Arsène Wenger came on as manager. Yet, I liked them well enough to support them.

What I liked about the team then was the hard edge, professional and effective football played (courtesy of George Graham). Direct and long balls, yeah so what? They had the players for the game, so Arsenal played that game.

Arsenal still had some players of brilliance then too, the best example was David "Rocky" Rocastle :)cry: we miss you badly Rocky! :cry:), and some effective strikers for the setpiece and long, direct balls played, for example Alan Smith (who scored the winning goal against Parma in the Eureopean Cup Winner's Cup). The defense (Seamen, Dixon, Bould, Adams, Winterburn) is in a class by itself - it became an Arsenal institution and of legendary status. When Ian Wright joined in the early 1990s, his bubbly and infectious style really helped Arsenal tide over some bad years - especially after George Graham was sacked due to the bungs scandal,

The one manager in the in-between period that I am eterenally grateful for is Bruce Rioch. The obvious reason - his signing of Dennis Bergkamp (there is only one!). I was totally floored that Arsenal managed to sign a player of Dennis Bergkamp's calibre from Inter Milan! When I read the news about it, it took a week to sink in that we actually signed Dennis Bergkamp, the new leading light of the Dutch team then.

When Arsène Wenger came on, I was one of those unsure but definitely knew him as the ex-Monaco manager. The rest became history.

p.s.
I am very glad that Ian Wright managed to finally get his League Championship medal in 1997-8. He was a great striker for Arsenal and for him to miss out on one while he still played for Arsenal would have been a grave injustice.

quattro

Saxon said:
Wecome to a club that played the most BORING football for One Hundred years.
and by the looks of things, probably going to be the most exciting club in the NEXT 100 years. funny how times change.

coming from a country that generally doesn't care about football at all (yes folks there are such places aside from the states) i had a limited choice of clubs to support. i picked arsenal from the get-go. ok so aside from the two doubles we always came behind the ****. ok so we horribly capitulated last year and i still haven't heard the end of it from the few locals i know who actually watch footie. ok so we didn't get anyone new last summer and i only heard the end of it when reyes came along. ok so we suck at the champions league... so many reasons to favor supporting the likes of real madrid or the red ****, hell at the start of the season some here even started supporting chelsea and many were convinced that this is the year arsenal is going down for good. i dont know, maybe i chose arsenal over those other teams because the name sounded cool, maybe its because the other teams had too much support from the locals and i wanted to be different, maybe i just favored them for being looked at as villains by the few footie fans here... i dunno. hell i started liking elp and genesis when punk was the "in thing" here, my preferences compared to most people really isn't conventional. one thing i can say though, compared to supporting talented underachieving tennis players who win f*ck all every year, the heartbreak of being a supporter of a "second rate" arsenal squad in a small crowd of smug manure, real and juve pseudo-fans isn't new to me. ive seen my faves in different sports lose all the time and it changes nothing. maybe its not always about winning or being the best club in the world. at least, thats how it is for me. it hurts when you lose and when others in the small community of footie fans here keep rubbing it in, but maybe its all paid back when you do win and you feel infinitely more satisfied. in the short span of time that i've followed football i have never supported any other club, im pretty sure thats how it will stay... especially now that my team so maligned before is on the verge of a real breakthrough. hey, i took the rubbing then, now its my turn. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom