• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Not allowed to talk about basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin de guerre

Since it is NOT allowed to talk about anything sporting outside of the sphere of football. I am going to attempt NOT to talk about basketball, Mark!
If it is unknown to many that Roman abramovitch has his fingers in a number of pies; be it gas, oil EPL football club, Russian football club and as a side thought at the same club CCKA Moscow he has a holding in their basketball club.

It is always good and pleasing to see that he is not getting his own way not only has his riches not guaranteed European success at Chelsea but also at CSKA Moscow where the football club is likely to lose their place in the Uefa final because of Hooliganism and also his Baketball adventure (Yes they have the largest budget in Europe) has gone belly up in the final four. It will be interesting to see whether or not he keeps pumping money into the club now that they have failed at home to get to the final and how in the future this can mirror his approach towards investing in Chelski.
Your thoughts on both Chelski and Abramovitch (but NOT basketball- cos they will lock the thread again!) will be appreciated.
By the way Macabee Tel Aviv Champions of Europe!!!! 2003-2004 and hopefully tonight 2004-2005 :lol: 8) :eek:ops:

SAKURABA

Sory to told you that...but european basketball is boring...

i prefer nba to this 10000x times... star in euroleaugue we're good player on medium university at college... you don'T see any Wade or Macgrady

Steve Nash for MVP!

Spartan

well done on winning it back to back

Panathinaikos is still the most successfull european club over the last few year sthough :wink:

Asterix

Established Member
This is a football forum - basketball is more boring than motor racing in my opinion (hope Soler isn't reading this).

Chicago

SAKURABA said:

i prefer nba to this 10000x times... star in euroleaugue we're good player on medium university at college... you don'T see any Wade or Macgrady

Steve Nash for MVP!

yeah, there should be like a champions league for basketball where the top teams from each division(or something like that) play seperate games with the top teams from the divisions of other countries. That's where the US teams would shine, not this joke of a new dream team

Gort

Asterix said:
This is a football forum - basketball is more boring than motor racing in my opinion (hope Soler isn't reading this).

Agreed. It's a game for the impatient and easily distracted. :twisted:

sanyasi

umm the point here was not basketball; but the abramovich connection and the possiblity of drawing parallels with the future of chelsea using the cksa moscow basketball team as evidence.

its a good connection vin de guerre; something to keep track off in the future.

Aussie

Established Member
Asterix said:

Both rubbish sports IMO.

Lawn Bowls not there is a game.

vin de guerre

SAKURABA said:

Steve Nash for MVP!

Sorry to say this but the NBA has not been too innovative over the past fews years(just look at the cr@p they served at the Olympics). Where as in Europe(excluding the Uk where they cant p!ss in a bucket to save their lives!) the game has developed dynamically. ie Tau Vitorria, Pau and of course Euro champs- Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Oh by the way I hear Abramovitch is giving CSKA another year to make the grade and their plan is to enter the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom