• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nuno Tavares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Considering who's playing there for City now and Nuno's physicality and athleticism it's not as outlandish as a lot of you Tierney fanboys are making it.

The timing makes this a joke though, he's been here 5 minutes.
You don't need to be a Tierney fanboy to think that Nuno isn't anywhere near ready for City, unless he plays a bit part role. Its quite funny how far this has gone.

Malky

Established Member
You don't need to be a Tierney fanboy to think that Nuno isn't anywhere near ready for City, unless he plays a bit part role. Its quite funny how far this has gone.
He's clearly talented and one for the future, but as a starter, especially at City, he'll be a defensive liablity. Once he improves that aspect of his game he'll be a top fullback.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What's funny or unrealistic about a top club monitoring Nuno after his good start? They should he's young there's no telling how good or crap he's going to be.

Nobody said he's ready for City or is anywhere close to going. I'd back him to end up at a bigger club in the future over a lot of our current starters tbh.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A-M despises any player that isn't basic. If you put your head down and just play the percentages and behave yourself you'll be loved on this forum. The 2nd you stray from this and show a bit of individuality or actually try things on the pitch and you'll get slaughtered

Tir Na Nog

Considering who's playing there for City now and Nuno's physicality and athleticism it's not as outlandish as a lot of you Tierney fanboys are making it.

The timing makes this a joke though, he's been here 5 minutes.

Zinchenko is an attacking midfielder, hasn't got a defensive bone in his body. A-M doesn't yet realise what the top coaches require of the modern FB. A-M still believes in the hard working solid type of FB.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What's funny or unrealistic about a top club monitoring Nuno after his good start? They should he's young there's no telling how good or crap he's going to be.

Nobody said he's ready for City or is anywhere close to going. I'd back him to end up at a bigger club in the future over a lot of our current starters tbh.
He certainly has the ceiling for it-but he is very raw. Unless he does some crazy development over the next 12 months I dont see how this would be realistic at all. As I said, unless they are looking for a bit part player.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Zinchenko is an attacking midfielder, hasn't got a defensive bone in his body. A-M doesn't yet realise what the top coaches require of the modern FB. A-M still believes in the hard working solid type of FB.
Zinchenko has other qualities that you are ignoring though. He is a refined player who is comfy in possesion. And thats what Pep likes. He doesnt tend to go for erratic players amd thats what Tavares is now, he is so raw which is the worst match possible for a Pep team.

You guys are capping right now.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah, Cancelo is sick but eventually you'll want him back on the right.

Zinchenko is a central player and has never been convincing there. You don't need to be a journo to assume City are keeping tabs on a kid who likes competing for headers and can get up and down the pitch effortlessly.

Tir Na Nog

Zinchenko has other qualities that you are ignoring though. He is a refined player who is comfy in possesion. And thats what Pep likes. He doesnt tend to go for erratic players amd thats what Tavares is now, he is so raw which is the worst match possible for a Pep team.

You guys are capping right now.

A couple of years ago Zinchenko was a massive liability at LB. He was nowhere near as refined as a full back as he is now and even now I wouldn't say he's without fault. Tavares is a typical young player who plays with freedom and tries things, maybe Pep backs himself to mold him into a more refined player? I know crazy concept.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Don't see why City wouldn't be having a look at someone like Tavares, he's probably one of a number they are looking at in that position. He's young, technically and physically gifted and looked capable straight away in the division.

If anything it's a positive sign for us that teams who are ahead of us right now should be keeping an eye on one of our players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A couple of years ago Zinchenko was a massive liability at LB. He was nowhere near as refined as a full back as he is now and even now I wouldn't say he's without fault. Tavares is a typical young player who plays with freedom and tries things, maybe Pep backs himself to mold him into a more refined player? I know crazy concept.
Oh so Pep can’t find a player like Tavares who is more of the finished article around Europe? 😂 Tavares is just the be all and end all. The man who signs 50m defenders and gets called a cheque book manager wants to depart all of that to really invest in the Tavares project.

You guys are over your heads right now. Acting like Tavares is a special special diamond that Pep won’t resist putting time into. This began with the Tierney hate and spiralled into a hilarious agenda train.

Tir Na Nog

Oh so Pep can’t find a player like Tavares who is more of the finished article around Europe? 😂 Tavares is just the be all and end all. The man who signs 50m defenders and gets called a cheque book manager wants to depart all of that to really invest in the Tavares project.

You guys are over your heads right now. Acting like Tavares is a special special diamond that Pep won’t resist putting time into. This began with the Tierney hate and spiralled into a hilarious agenda train.

I never started the rumour....

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Should have sold Tierney to Leicester when we had the chance after they sold Chilwell.

Would have swapped Ricardo Pereira or James Justin for him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Should have sold Tierney to Leicester when we had the chance after they sold Chilwell.

Would have swapped Ricardo Pereira or James Justin for him.
But they've both been brutalised by injury? Pereira stabilising but he was in convos for best RB in the league when he done his knee I am not sure he will get back to that.

I don't think finding a LB that does whatever Tierney does is that difficult though if it came down to it. He's good but grossly overrated by many here. I had him top three LB in the league before but if I could I would delete those comments tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom