• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Nuno Tavares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

But they've both been brutalised by injury? Pereira stabilising but he was in convos for best RB in the league when he done his knee I am not sure he will get back to that.

I don't think finding a LB that does whatever Tierney does is that difficult though if it came down to it. He's good but grossly overrated by many here. I had him top three LB in the league before but if I could I would delete those comments tbh.

Yeah, thatā€™s spot on. Pereira got injured in 2020, right? That was roughly the same time they were interested in Tierney but Iā€™m not sure they would have done it since he was one of their key players.

I actually rated James Justin highly too but similar to Pereira itā€™s very difficult to fully recover from an ACL and get back to their form prior to the injury. Fofana is another one.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ā­
All I get from this rumour is that Tavares is unhappy at Arsenal and his agent is putting out feelers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

But they've both been brutalised by injury? Pereira stabilising but he was in convos for best RB in the league when he done his knee I am not sure he will get back to that.

I don't think finding a LB that does whatever Tierney does is that difficult though if it came down to it. He's good but grossly overrated by many here. I had him top three LB in the league before but if I could I would delete those comments tbh.

Tangent but James Justin was absolutely unreal last year.

Guy played like Maicon at left and right back. Even filled in at CB. Absolute next level baller.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Considering who's playing there for City now and Nuno's physicality and athleticism it's not as outlandish as a lot of you Tierney fanboys are making it.

The timing makes this a joke though, he's been here 5 minutes.
Lool he canā€™t defend. He is not the first great athlete poor defender we seen. Hell Man City spent 50 million on Mendy and he couldnā€™t get in the team because he was positionally poor and was benched by a midfielder. The idea big clubs can just take big athletes and turn them to elite footballers is a joke. You donā€™t go from not rated at Benfica to Man City in months

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ā­
This is funny but I didn't expect this till next season :lol:

Tavares won't be here more than 2 seasons IMO. And it won't be because he's bad - in fact I think the opposite. He'll get a lot of interest and we'll cash in because as much as Tavares is talented IMO, Tierney is clearly top dog at LB and a strong presence in the squad. Think Tavares will be a nice little flip, but we'll need to replace him with decent young competition for Tierney.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is funny but I didn't expect this till next season :lol:

Tavares won't be here more than 2 seasons IMO. And it won't be because he's bad - in fact I think the opposite. He'll get a lot of interest and we'll cash in because as much as Tavares is talented IMO, Tierney is clearly top dog at LB and a strong presence in the squad. Think Tavares will be a nice little flip, but we'll need to replace him with decent young competition for Tierney.
This is fantasy. He is a clown player. We were winning last game until he came on and we lost

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

This is hilarious, Pep could genuinely turn Nuno into one of the best fullbacks in the world.

You think Iā€™m joking? Kyle Walker was known as an athlete first, footballer second before he joined City.

Trilly

Trusted ā­

A-M despises any player that isn't basic. If you put your head down and just play the percentages and behave yourself you'll be loved on this forum. The 2nd you stray from this and show a bit of individuality or actually try things on the pitch and you'll get slaughtered
If this ainā€™t the truest thing Iā€™ve ever read. šŸ˜

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's crazy is people have completely buried this kid. He's as erratic as most young players are. I know you guys don't wanna hear it but ESR is as up and down with his performances as Tavares is but is forgiven because he's an attacking player so it'll not be punished as much.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is hilarious, Pep could genuinely turn Nuno into one of the best fullbacks in the world.

You think Iā€™m joking? Kyle Walker was known as an athlete first, footballer second before he joined City.
Kyle Walker was really good at Sp**s for years though, he was considered one of the best RBs in the league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Kyle Walker was never a joke of a player who was ever as indisciplined as Tavares. He was more of a Walcott type of player and Guardiola gave him a clear way of playing. Nuno isnā€™t the type of player to ever mature imo.

Trilly

Trusted ā­

Kyle Walker was never a joke of a player who was ever as indisciplined as Tavares. He was more of a Walcott type of player and Guardiola gave him a clear way of playing. Nuno isnā€™t the type of player to ever mature imo.
This reply applies for @BigPoppaPump too. Kyle walker wasnā€™t a ā€˜jokeā€™ before he left for City but he wasnā€™t really rated either. It was a very common belief that he was simply an elite athlete that was ā€˜okā€™ at football. He also made rash decisions quite often and had a bit of a reputation for it, still did in his early city years as well actually.

He was 27 when he joined City. Nuno is 21 and if anybody can I still discipline in a player and develop them, itā€™s Pep. Thereā€™s no smoke without fire.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He`s 21 and has played a handful of games for us and you already believe he is not the type of player to ever mature?:facepalm:
It doesnt matter if he is17. There are certain type of players who never mature. Nuno isnt one of a kind. We seen his type before and I stand by it. he will always be erratic and irresponsible in his play and until he is in his late 20s clubs will fall for his athletic prowers and think they can make something out of him. Titus bramble didnt become less error prone and mature as he got older. some players just lack that mental focus

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This reply applies for @BigPoppaPump too. Kyle walker wasnā€™t a ā€˜jokeā€™ before he left for City but he wasnā€™t really rated either. It was a very common belief that he was simply an elite athlete that was ā€˜okā€™ at football. He also made rash decisions quite often and had a bit of a reputation for it, still did in his early city years as well actually.

He was 27 when he joined City. Nuno is 21 and if anybody can I still discipline in a player and develop them, itā€™s Pep. Thereā€™s no smoke without fire.
I remember that whole Tottenham back four with Rose, Walker and the two Dutch guys were getting praised as one of the best back lines in the league. I don't think Walker was hyped up much but I do think he was rated just not on a world class level or anything like that but City wouldn't of bought him otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom