• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nuno Tavares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Manchester City keen on Arsenal's Tavares

As part of the club's efforts to strengthen the left-back position, sources told ESPN that Manchester City have watched Arsenal defender Nuno Tavares, who has impressed in his first season at the Emirates Stadium.

The Portugal under-21 international has emerged as a contender for Kieran Tierney's place since his £8 million move to Arsenal from Benfica last summer, and while sources added City are unlikely to make a move in January, the 21-year-old remains a player of interest.

City have one recognised senior left-back at the club in Oleksandr Zinchenko, although former Juventus defender Joao Cancelo has performed that role with distinction in recent months. France international Benjamin Mendy has been suspended by the club.

Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola has been assured by director of football Txiki Begiristain that his squad, which is set to challenge in the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup, will not be weakened in the January window, sources said.

Raheem Sterling and Ferran Torres have attracted attention from Barcelona while Nathan Ake has been linked with a move to Newcastle United where his former Bournemouth boss, Eddie Howe, is manager. -- Mark Ogden and Rob Dawson

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
From what we've seen so far he does genuinely look like someone who could blow up over the course of the next couple of years. Even more so considering how important full backs seem to be at the moment.

You could see why City would be keeping an eye on him anyway, he'd be very suited to their system.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Rate both Nuno and Tierney.

But if we had to sell one in the future, I would rather it be Kieran.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

From what we've seen so far he does genuinely look like someone who could blow up over the course of the next couple of years. Even more so considering how important full backs seem to be at the moment.

You could see why City would be keeping an eye on him anyway, he'd be very suited to their system.
Think we bought him with views of flipping him for a substantial fee eventually to be fair. Saw it alluded to by my buddies over at the Athletic.

So far he’s not harmed his future selling fee at all if that is the plan.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think we bought him with views of flipping him for a substantial fee eventually to be fair. Saw it alluded to by my buddies over at the Athletic.

So far he’s not harmed his future selling fee at all if that is the plan.

I'd no idea what we where getting with him tbh and he's pleasantly surprised me with his ability so far. Very exciting player.

I'd like to think the outcome would be to let him and Tierney fight it out over time to see who should be starting and sell the other one, rinse, repeat.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

So Arteta has asked his friends in Manchester to leak this nonsense so he can glorify this failed signing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

He's currently way too erratic for Pep and too raw at the moment. Even Benjamin Mendy didn't look like a good fit at City and he had a sensational delivery on him at Monaco... the fact is you need more than that.

Nuno has the dribbling ability like a poor man's Cancelo, but he is not refined at all and that's what Pep wants. He wants a talented but disciplined robot who shows his ability within the confines of his system and instructions.

I guess he would be a backup signing if this was true, but City buy finished articles most the time, especially in defence.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Considering who's playing there for City now and Nuno's physicality and athleticism it's not as outlandish as a lot of you Tierney fanboys are making it.

The timing makes this a joke though, he's been here 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom