• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is what is wrong with this club, so many gash players keep getting rewarded with appearances despite making mistakes. Tavares started well here but is just error prone and nervy right now. I think he has talent but at the moment he needs to be dropped. His confidence is shot. Try again with him in a few months not now
I think it's bit unfair because he is new players it's not like we talking about holding Cedric and Mari who been here for few and still look s**t the case with Tavares is different he still young his performance since joining us is hot/cold there is alot to improve in his game there no doubt too early to write him off

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Thought it was a bit harsh hooking him after 30 mins. Not that he wasn't playing awful, but it's quite a statement. Think Arteta was trying to send a message to the rest of the team but it didn't work and we were just as lethargic afterwards but now he's also got a pissed off player with low confidence.

Can't defend the performance though, it was a disaster-class.
Yeah kinda agree & as you say it was likely to send a message
I like the idea of trying to raise standards but with young players you are going to get this type of thing
He was absolutely gash though & i think it was more of a shock because it so rarely happens. Reckon Arteta was worried that we were going to concede down that side due to tavares so did it quick.
We still conceded down that side with KT on although we were pretty unlucky with the drop of the ball after sambi pass got cut out.

Legend14

Established Member
Tavarez is young, but he is a professional footballer. When the manager puts you in the lineup, he trusts that you will get the job done. At the very least, your effort and body language should be much more respectful. Tavarez looked like he had no interest in playing today. It wasn’t the mistakes, it was his attitude, for whatever reason.

I have no problem with the decision to pull him. Hopefully he learns from it and plays every future match like its his last.

My coaches told me to play each game like its the first and last time someone sees you play. Always make the impression you want them to remember. ESR seems to embrace this.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Tavarez is young, but he is a professional footballer. When the manager puts you in the lineup, he trusts that you will get the job done. At the very least, your effort and body language should be much more respectful. Tavarez looked like he had no interest in playing today. It wasn’t the mistakes, it was his attitude, for whatever reason.

I have no problem with the decision to pull him. Hopefully he learns from it and plays every future match like its his last.

My coaches told me to play each game like its the first and last time someone sees you play. Always make the impression you want them to remember. ESR seems to embrace this.

Sure but Arteta never took off Willian that early despite the fact that his attitude often was outrageous. Arteta is a inconsequent prick.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sure but Arteta never took off Willian that early despite the fact that his attitude often was outrageous. Arteta is a inconsequent prick.
It’s easy to flex on a young player like Tavares while he constantly defends Xhaka for everything. I honestly can’t see the people defending that decision. It’s not like anyone was playing better or anyone played better after he went off. All he did was put a target on a young player he brought to the club

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He was awful in his 30 minute cameo, a number of the others weren't much better though.

He shouldn't be starting again for us for a while. It's not just yesterday's performance, he's made a fair few costly errors the last few games he's started.

Pull him out, give him a breather and work on some stuff on the training pitch with him. He's got a lot of talent so it's worth the time investment.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope this just ends up being something he learns from, rather than the eventually end of him at Arsenal.

He has so much potential, would like to see if he can develop over the next few years here.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He was awful in his 30 minute cameo, a number of the others weren't much better though.

He shouldn't be starting again for us for a while. It's not just yesterday's performance, he's made a fair few costly errors the last few games he's started.

Pull him out, give him a breather and work on some stuff on the training pitch with him. He's got a lot of talent so it's worth the time investment.
Arteta needs to do a Martinelli with him. Work intensely on the training pitch in ironing out his flaws and utilising his athleticism and technique to make him more dangerous going forward

Pop Tart

Established Member
I blame arteta for persistence with him rather then not play him for a month or two. Clear he is raw and a nervy player. I think he has talent but he is nowhere game ready for us at the moment. Said yesterday he needs to be shown what his weaknesses are and for them to worked on. Why arteta thinks starting a player who has been nervous and error prone since that goal he gave away is a good idea is beyond me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He had good run of form from the Villa game to the Newcastle one.

Yesterday was awful, bit he's still only 21 and it's not like he hasn't shown any promise...think he gels much better with ESR as our left winger too.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Didn’t play like he cared. That’s what matters. No good throwing your toys out the pram when it’s too late.
I think he cared he was just having a nightmare.
Saka hardly cared, martinelli etc they played longer then him.

Would you be happy if just walked off calmly. I would find that worrying. Özil threw tantrums every week and people were strangely spunking over his performances

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Reminded me of that time when Wenger pulled out Eboue and he started crying. Gotta feel sad for these guys they're just human after all.

Arteta really did him one subbing him off before the halftime I mean wtf was that I laughed my ass off. Micky really has an issue with man-management sometimes. Think he genuinely lacks empathy.

I mean compare his quote:

‘I just did it to try to improve the performance of the team,’ said the Spaniard.

When asked if he’d considered the story the substitution would create, Arteta replied: ‘I understand that but I have to make the decision to try to improve the performance of the team when it’s not going in any other direction.’

To how Wenger explained Eboue's situation.

After the match, Wenger explained, “I felt he had completely lost confidence, he couldn’t keep the ball anymore, and then he became a danger. It is very sad but I think the most important thing is that the team wins the game.

"The crowd was very hard with him but that was not the most important thing in the game. He’s a sensitive boy and he cares about the club. When you have the crowd on your back it is difficult. It was three minutes to go and we started to lose balls in the middle of the park. And why not (take him off)? I want to show nothing.”

Both are goal-oriented statements but Wenger approaches the situation emphasizing Eboue as a human being with feelings, whereas Micky sees players as disposable pieces of.... the puzzle ( :D ). Also note that Nuno is a young, raw player coming after playing 2nd fiddle LB in a weaker league while Eboue was an established squad member in peak years.

Top Bottom