• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Nuno is trash but people, please, that 2nd goal wasn't on him at all.
Nah. That was him as well. He was all over the place, nowhere near Ayew so Gabriel gambled. If you watch the replay he actually stepped off Ayew before the pass even came in.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Nah. That was him as well. He was all over the place, nowhere near Ayew so Gabriel gambled. If you watch the replay he actually stepped off Ayew before the pass even came in.
That pass was a very hard pass. The actual tactical error is Gabriel's. He should never step out.

Marking the attacker is easy when you expect a pass but this one was hard from a distance. I might be wrong since I don't remember it 100% though. It's vague now. **** this club.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Nuno is trash but people, please, that 2nd goal wasn't on him at all.

Not all on him but he played a part. He got caught ball watching, was flat on his heels when he should’ve followed Ayew.

For the first he was in no mans land essentially. Got a little push from Andersen but he’s a strong boy and should’ve done better.

Doubt he starts the next game. I’d sooner give Joel Lopez a run out.

Xln

Not all on him but he played a part. He got caught ball watching, was flat on his heels when he should’ve followed Ayew.

For the first he was in no mans land essentially. Got a little push from Andersen but he’s a strong boy and should’ve done better.

Doubt he starts the next game. I’d sooner give Joel Lopez a run out.
The first is on him, I am not bringing that up. It's a no brainer, all on him.

That 2nd he gets flat on his feet cause the ball got rocketed to him and Ayew 1 time controlled it to the centre, free way to goal. Something like that would never happen against a different team. Only us, cause Gabriel brainfarts and leaves the defense wide open.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The first is on him, I am not bringing that up. It's a no brainer, all on him.

That 2nd he gets flat on his feet cause the ball got rocketed to him and Ayew 1 time controlled it to the centre, free way to goal. Something like that would never happen against a different team. Only us, cause Gabriel brainfarts and leaves the defense wide open.

Rocketed to him? Are you sure? It was a speculative pass from Andersen and Gabriel failed to cut it out. Tavares should’ve been in there to mop up. If he’s two yards further forward he cuts it out before Ayew gets the chance to control it.

Xln

Rocketed to him? Are you sure? It was a speculative pass from Andersen and Gabriel failed to cut it out. Tavares should’ve been in there to mop up. If he’s two yards further forward he cuts it out before Ayew gets the chance to control it.
I need to rewatch it but right now how I remember it, it's a distant and hard pass. You don't expect those as a defender so you don't always stay 1 cm of your opponent. It's common.

Gabriel took a risk and failed miserably.

Buttt, I will have to rewatch and give my final word I guess. I thought I knew it but you could be very right.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Look his Arsenal career was finished in that Forest game, you don't come back from. Probably should've kept Kolasinac or something.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was fun to watch for a few games, not sure what happened after that but he makes Tierney looking great ffs, that's how bad it is

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I still believe we should’ve been given him minutes. We’ve been giving dead players like Nketiah enough why not some that’s suppose to have a future here.

As poor as his been if White and Gabriel are solid as we want to believe then they should be able to support him.

They couldn’t and didn’t.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I still believe we should’ve been given him minutes. We’ve been giving dead players like Nketiah enough why not some that’s suppose to have a future here.

As poor as his been if White and Gabriel are solid as we want to believe then they should be able to support him.

They couldn’t and didn’t.
Arteta has a responsibility to keep everyone warm. Now with Partey out, we have Lokonga who hasn't played in so long to start. That's not Lokongaa fault. He has no rhythm. No match sharpness. He hasn't been used and if he doesn't hit the maximum level, he will be scapegoated.

Nuno isn't a bad player but he is clearly more comfortable in the final third. So we have to adapt to him now. There was a time where we were praising him above Tierney. That player isn't gone. We need to change the system.

We get found out every few months as we lack depth and we miss parts in the starting 11.

ESR------Martinelli-----Saka
--------------Ødegaard
---------Xhaka-----Lokonga
Nuno--Gabriel--White---Tomi
--------------Ramsdale

We really need to hope Tomi comes back ao we can flip to that back 3.

Nuno-----------Gabi-----------------Saka
------------ESR----------Ødegaard
------------Xhaka-------Lokonga
----------Gabriel--White--Tomi

Get the double 10s with ESR and Ødegaard. Keep the double pivot to help Lokonga. Do not play him in the Partey role.

Get Nuno high and wide and let Gabi explode.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I swear it to you all, Nuno is not better than I was at his age.

How the fvck is he playing for the Arsenal and getting these wages while I was getting battered in semi pro?

Tavares is basically Jenkinson, it's not that he has no talent. I am sure physically he is many levels superior to you. He's stronger than you and can run more. Problem is I am not sure mentally he is any better than you. Seems Tavares is a confidence player and when his confidence is low he's just Santos MKII.

Reactions: Xln

ThePortugueseGunner

This is what I said about Tavares when the rumours first started:

"I was about to come here and tell all of you about the make out session this guy had with the dog, but I see you're all ahead of me.

This is the same guy who was filmed next to a friend or acquaintance, who said "It's about time that s***** Spanish leaves so you can shine", reffering to Grimaldo, the starting LB for benfica. Instead of defending his team-mate, Tavares said something like "If I don't shine at benfica, I'll shine anywhere else."

Not the type of guy I want playing for any clube I like. He's also not that good. Nuno Mendes will be the real deal, Sporting won't be able to hold him much longer. Way, way, way better than Tavares."

Bad signing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is what I said about Tavares when the rumours first started:

"I was about to come here and tell all of you about the make out session this guy had with the dog, but I see you're all ahead of me.

This is the same guy who was filmed next to a friend or acquaintance, who said "It's about time that s***** Spanish leaves so you can shine", reffering to Grimaldo, the starting LB for benfica. Instead of defending his team-mate, Tavares said something like "If I don't shine at benfica, I'll shine anywhere else."

Not the type of guy I want playing for any clube I like. He's also not that good. Nuno Mendes will be the real deal, Sporting won't be able to hold him much longer. Way, way, way better than Tavares."

Bad signing.
Thanks for coming back to let us know!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I do see the potential and there's stuff to work with but I'm not sure we're doing him any favours starting him at the moment to be honest. He's a liability defensively and his concentration and positioning is frequently sub par.

KT being injured fairly often doesn't help matters. A loan for Nuno next season has to be on the cards you'd think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom