• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He actually comes across as a pretty chilled and confident person.

For some reason, I still think he’ll be here next season.

GoonerBoy19

He and Sambi can stay for another season as we need depth for EL games. But we should definitely upgrade our backup full back spot on both Right and Left side. Both Cedric and Nuno are not good enough for top-4 fight.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

He actually comes across as a pretty chilled and confident person.

For some reason, I still think he’ll be here next season.
Tbf, he's a better signing than Lokonga. It's not like that is a high bar. With him you see the raw ingredients but he lacks the willingness to turn it into something tangible. But Sambi looks like a 16 year old playing playing football in the top level for the first time. I can't even point 1 good game that Sambi have given us since he came here. At least Nuno has had a few good games this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tbf, he's a better signing than Lokonga. It's not like that is a high bar. With him you see the raw ingredients but he lacks the willingness to turn it into something tangible. But Sambi looks like a 16 year old playing playing football in the top level for the first time. I can't even point 1 good game that Sambi have given us since he came here. At least Nuno has had a few good games this season.

Lokonga had some really good games alongside Partey (Leicester away, Newcastle home) think both have been decent, for what they should have been.

Neither should have played as much as they did this year, Europa/loans should help both next season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Lokonga had some really good games alongside Partey (Leicester away, Newcastle home) think both have been decent, for what they should have been.

Neither should have played as much as they did this year, Europa/loans should help both next season.

The bar has really been lowered if you assess those performances as really good games

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He looked ok in those games. Nothing exciting. But I don't think he's anything special. Compare him to 19 year old Douzi that was bossing games alongside Torreira.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What is he even good at?

He excels at nothing and basically just younger poor man's Elneny.

Could be Arteta tax though, you never know.

Riou

The bar has really been lowered if you assess those performances as really good games

Yeah, decent would have been a better description.

Considering their age, still feel both have been fine...hopefully they improve, if not then we can just easily sell them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sambi will come good, think he gets a raw deal on here.

Tavares I don't see it happening for him, unless we change formations down the line.

Pop Tart

Established Member
did sambi not have a good game against Brentford away? probably the only one that night. plus a few games following that?

Think he as decent qualities if raw.

Riou

Sambi will come good, think he gets a raw deal on here.

Tavares I don't see it happening for him, unless we change formations down the line.

He will be the new Alex Song, imo.

Will be very good for us for a few years, before going to Barca and becoming a meme...football heritage, that!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He will be the new Alex Song, imo.

Will be very good for us for a few years, before going to Barca and becoming a meme...football heritage, that!
Alex Song was an Arsène Wenger masterclass, it's the same as how he got Walcott to 100 goals or made Bellerin look competant. We really didn't appriciate him getting the best out of mediocre players but Arteta gets praise for the bare minimum.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think Nuno needs to play as a winger or a wingback in front of back 3 and a solid double pivot of Central defensive midfielders. Problem is we don’t play that way or really have the personnel for it in particular we lack a second good DM

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He needed a lot of hand holding last season. His technique has been erratic at times.
Having said that, his willingness and determination to get forward and attack as well as try to get back gives him promise. The attitude is there, but he needs a lot more experience.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Might be a bit premature saying this, but it shows why the talented youth signings are a bit less risky than the high wages, older pro signings. Just so much easier to shift on and then sell if they don't settle.

Just taking three recent examples - of Guendouzi, Tavares & Martinelli. All signed for around £7m. Guendo is much maligned as bad business but we still got a profit (probably significantly more than reported with two sets of loan fees as well); Martinelli, if we sell, is possibly a £30-40m player now; Tavares is still at the club but there seems to be reasonable interest. The free transfers and old pro's just seem to hang around like a bad smell because of wage demands

I'm not talking about first 11 here by the way, you obviously need to sign experienced starters and keep some older heads around too

Top Bottom