• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m catching up with the thread and nobody even criticised his loan move. Even his fans hope more than believe that he’ll make it here then you have posts like this.

Goodness Graceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

K @Trilly on schmoke 😭😭😭

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nuno had an excellent game, but it is what it is, one game. Let’s hope he has an excellent season. That’s the yardstick, his body of work over the season. I don’t think Arteta has written him off, to be honest. Let him develop in France, and hopefully he comes back a much more consistent performer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wouldn't mind watching the All or Nothing documentary I genuinely feel as tho Arteta and co really like Nuno and his qualities. His issues seemed a lot more mental than anything else, you saw how hard on himself and how down he was after the Liverpool game. He needs a full season of game time, remember he wasn't even a consistent starter at Benfica. Plenty are ready to bury the kids' career here but I don't even think Arteta himself is anywhere near that, I don't think we'd have signed him if we didn't have faith he'd come good.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't mind watching the All or Nothing documentary I genuinely feel as tho Arteta and co really like Nuno and his qualities. His issues seemed a lot more mental than anything else, you saw how hard on himself and how down he was after the Liverpool game. He needs a full season of game time, remember he wasn't even a consistent starter at Benfica. Plenty are ready to bury the kids' career here but I don't even think Arteta himself is anywhere near that, I don't think we'd have signed him if we didn't have faith he'd come good.

Yeah for sure and you know what, the way Arteta incorporated Nuno after what was admittedly quite a bad game away at Palace last season was really good.

I think he showed faith in him despite going into absolute clutch games to try and clinch CL footie so deserves credit for that.

What I'm hoping is that he crushes it at Marseille and then comes back to give us more options, the more the merrier and I'm positive Arteta wants the same, then next summer we can decide how to line up at LB.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think he showed faith in him despite going into absolute clutch games to try and clinch CL footie so deserves credit for that.
I'm also really glad Arteta did this and I appreciate it was hard for him. He wasn't that bad tbh but he did lose the trust of the fan base so they can't watch him without being nervous.

D

Deleted member 102404

Having a good game. If he can develop similarly to Saliba it will be great.
Agree.
Ligue 1 is a good opportunity to build confidence at a lower level. Confidence is vital with any footballer.

TinFish

Have full faith in this kid, got a feeling his romanticising acts to his dogs helps with him mentality. Maybe the new Corgi has a bubble butt or something.

Anyway he will come back mentally stronger and better than ever.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I said Tavares was “partly” responsible for us losing top4 and I stand by that. Obviously there were other mitigating factors such as injuries to some key players like Partey, KT and Tomi at a crucial part of the season, Arteta’s and the teams inexperience etc. But Tavares’ poor form and erratic displays in some crucial matches really let us down, there’s no denying that. Put it this way, I think if a fit KT or another competent LB plays those games instead of Tavares the outcome would have been much different.
Fair enough. I took what you said differently but you did say partly.

Do I think Tavares has a future at Arsenal. No I don’t think he does. He’s not a fullback and he’s not really a winger neither and he doesn’t seem to have the mentality or temperament to really establish himself at the very highest level.
Cool. To be frank I don't see him having a future whilst Arteta is here either unless he decides to change formation. 7 mil, no skin off anybody's nose.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ive said it before, he backs himself strongly. That’s a priceless asset if you’re at big club trying to prove yourself. Not sure what he sees himself as though as it looks like he wants to do everything. He’s got the mind and the body. Powerful combo 🦾

Symbia

For those that are yet to figure it out, Nuno is NOT a defender and doesn't play like one.

His overall play is good but playing him a left back in the back 4?
Not a good idea.
Whatever position he's playing just be sure he is not in the last line of the defensive position.

The comparison with Bale is not out of line. Both are very uncomfortable defending but happy to drag the opposite number with pace.

Arteta might not be an elite manager but stuffs of this nature he figured out long ago.
KT's reoccurring hip injury was the reason he was played left back several times last season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom