• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not questioning his ability but his poor first touch and him being out of position will cost us alot of goals already cost us 2 goals last 2 away games. We need to ease pressure on him a bit and get Tierney back to side

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Has contributed really well to attacking play. You cant shake the nagging feeling he could cost you a goal at any moment though.

Good energy about the lad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Still better than Tierney though
Based on what he’s shown, I’d say he’s deserved to keep his place up until now.

I don’t really know what Tierney does differently, with the amount of space he leaves behind him nowadays (see Chelsea, City, etc.)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very harsh to blame him on that goal, tbh...just one of those things that happens, for players that play on the front foot.

A young Portuguese lad no one heard of, wasn't even that highly rated like Sambi was...has come in, andi s providing legitimate competition to Tierney, who is a very good player.

Been fantastic, all things considered.

mpower2540

Think this was a game for both him and Tierney tbh. Tavares I thought was a bit too willing to abandon the LB spot today and ESR wasn’t secure in possession so we looked pretty vulnerable down that side.

Nuno’s issue was not recognising it. In tricky away games I’d like to see Tierney behind Nuno on the wing. He’s quite happy to come in on his right foot so I don’t think it’d disrupt things too much.

ESR just needs a rest, he’s looked leggy for a while now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They both bring such different things to the table that it’s hard decide. I’d still favour Tierney’s conventional fullback skills most of the time but there will be games for Nuno. He’s the most interesting and exciting outfield rookie we’ve signed in years. He could be anything.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I know they play in different positions but I'm sticking with my Pepe comparison.

Good athlete, does random stuff, some of it good, some of it poor, some of it just odd.
Struggles with the basics of his position but can do some exceptional stuff. Concentration is dodgy. Hasn't found a blind alley he wouldn't run down yet.
Was pretty good going forward, can't defend.

I like the guy, he's a weird / fun player but he doesn't need to be playing in our harder games for a while. Save him for the rest where he can focus on attacking.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tierney has been complete trash in our bigger games though, leaving huge gaps behind him and not having the power to track back once he's bombed forward.

All to lump a sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe sh*t cross which none of our forwards are going to do much with.

Reece James in particular had a great time against him. Was the same story in City as well. I really wished Tierney played yesterday so people would see it wouldn't have made a lick of difference and maybe we can stop perpetuating certain myths on here.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah Tierney not playing ain't the reason we've been beat by Liverpool and United. He's been poor this season defensively and I'm sure he'd admit that himself.

Tough game for Nuno last night but he never his and we've seen he's very capable. I'm sure he'll start rotating more with Tierney as the season goes on but 2 very good options to have it seems.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We sometimes need to ease pressure on players Nuno been performing very well he responded very well after Anfield with motm display against Newcastle but again yesterday he getting exposed against quality players he make errors because he young and that costing us goals it'll keep happen because he still not 100% developed. I think we need to get Tierney back if he hasn't performed against just get Nuno back

Top Bottom