• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

pascal_stepanovs

Nuno is a strange one. Brillant in the final third but terrible in the first third trying to get the team forward. I don't recall us ever having a player with this problem.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sagna had everything. Perhaps the most underated Arsenal player. He has a strong claim to be our best ever right back. He was just unlucky he joined us just after the glory years.

Him and nacho were stellar, under the radar players.

He was probably the best tight back in the prem for.some years running.

ragnarock

Sagna had everything. Perhaps the most underated Arsenal player. He has a strong claim to be our best ever right back. He was just unlucky he joined us just after the glory years.
Loved Sagna but disagree that he had everything. Opposing left backs always at high risk of getting concussions when playing against us. Borderline illegal crossing.
Otherwise, like I said, brilliant.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's just the mental aspect of the game he needs work on. He literally has all the physical and technical attributes to be a really good LB.

Maybe he just needs someone to sit down with him and simplify his game for a bit. Get the basics right and then go from there.

Discipline is important but I don't mind a bit of a reaction to getting subbed off, particularly after 30 minutes. It's embarrassing. On the flip side if he'd have been as invested on the pitch as he was about getting subbed off, he wouldn't have had the been subbed to begin with.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's amazing how A-M simply cannot grasp the idea that a 20 year old defender without much senior game time might have some poor games. It has to be "he's ****" or "he doesn't take things seriously", it can never be just a kid having a bad game.

I mean ESR for example has arguably had as many poor games this season but of course as an attacker you get away without especially when your output is so good. For a full back mistakes are far more costly. Of course A-M doesn't understand all this and will just tear into Nuno and completely write him off.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Tough love. All for it!
Spare the rod, spoil the player.
These guys have to earn their £1.4 Million (in this case) annual salary.
The struggle is real.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AM loves to write off a player. Happened to Gabriel during a poor second half of the season last year. Now he is the heart of our defence.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
AM loves to write off a player. Happened to Gabriel during a poor second half of the season last year. Now he is the heart of our defence.

Heh, and on the other end of the scale, when you show patience and are optimistic about a player you're branded 'delusional.' Or you get told you can't recognise a talented footballer, even though it's one of your strongest characteristics. Which reminds me..

@Leo_ense_
1642007068127.png

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Xhaka was a better left back than Tavares today. And it wasn't even close.

That's two times now Tavares has dropped such horrendous performances that he had to be dropped after one half. I can't remember the last time I've seen that from a player. I'm getting worried.

And he has potential and has also shown that he can do the job. Mentally something is just wrong.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is not good enough and will get all the blame. But here is my question. When was the last time he played for first team or reserves? Hasn’t been on the pitch for several months and gets a start and expect to do well. This is the problem with Arteta not using his squad. If he wa ms so bad for months you didn’t trust him to get a minute then why start him today?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom