• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He was alright in the first half, but he made the mistake for their 2nd goal and seemed to let that effect him the rest of the game.
Thought the whole team was alright before the first goal tbh.

We have atleast 10-20 minutes in us where seem to be able to go toe to toe with anybody which is getting lost in the individual player slander/xg debates.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I have faith in Tavares. I have a skill set that will benefit us both as starters and also when coming on at 80 minutes to run at defenses.

But was that worse performance than Chambers vs Swansea?
Or Leno singlehandedly eliminating us from Europa by trying to play out of the back in the 120th minute?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He kept playing dani cellbaos after costly mistakes. If you have a shocker then you should be dropped. This is not play school.
I think it's a bit more subtle than that - he's also had some very good games; we'll need him again in the future so there's nothing wrong with man management and picking the games to get the experience he needs.

I'd understand it if he was dropped but I don't think you have to make an example of him or anything. It's likely that Tierney comes back for a run of games soon anyway

6666Louis

I like the ambidexterity of both him and Tome. They can switch sides at any given time during the game, quite interesting.

I love Tierny, but I didn't think Nuno had a shocker. He had one really horrible pass that led to a goal. Besides he came out quite confident to a job of mo and trent, physically, speed and workrate he was great.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I think it's a bit more subtle than that - he's also had some very good games; we'll need him again in the future so there's nothing wrong with man management and picking the games to get the experience he needs.

I'd understand it if he was dropped but I don't think you have to make an example of him or anything. It's likely that Tierney comes back for a run of games soon anyway
I like the guy but we have lost 4 times already this term. I can accept if a team play us off the park but if we keep gifting goals then it is not good. While i would of started Tierney due to his experience he has been shaky this season. But he is still the guy you would want to start with and he seemed good from his international exploits. Tierney needs to improve of course other younger players

Just feel players should be accountable for mistakes and not assume they are safe from being dropped

Farzad Stoned

I like the guy but we have lost 4 times already this term. I can accept if a team play us off the park but if we keep gifting goals then it is not good. While i would of started Tierney due to his experience he has been shaky this season. But he is still the guy you would want to start with and he seemed good from his international exploits. Tierney needs to improve of course other younger players

Just feel players should be accountable for mistakes and not assume they are safe from being dropped
You think Nuno will feel too comfortable and entitled starting what his 6th game ever for the club or whatever? A lot of more experienced players than him with more entitlement played like **** in the Lfc match

Farzad Stoned

Farzad Stoned

No :lol:

Think the most eyebrow raising thing was talking about the title which is standard pro stuff, otherwise rest of it was above board tbh.
He actually was modest and said Salah would not know who he is. This what journos do to create readers, they put a controversial headline with a story that actually is way more bland than the sensationalist headline

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He actually was modest and said Salah would not know who he is. This what journos do to create readers, they put a controversial headline with a story that actually is way more bland than the sensationalist headline
I fell for it myself and posted a misleading tweet a couple pages back,so I had already known what he actually said.

Farzad Stoned

I fell for it myself and posted a misleading tweet a couple pages back,so I had already known what he actually said.
It is bad journalism what I call a Fox News headline where they try to stir outrage to create ratings over what actually is a bland and non controversial issue

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I have faith in Tavares. I have a skill set that will benefit us both as starters and also when coming on at 80 minutes to run at defenses.

But was that worse performance than Chambers vs Swansea?
Come on let’s not overreact.

Tavares more than held his own against Salah. He got done by a moment of madness which spiralled for a little bit after that. It’s absolutely fine, he looks like a player who will learn from it. I’m more interested in the qualities he bring which are far more than Chambers ever had at his disposal

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Tavares plays football like a real life Fifa Pro Clubs member. You know those dons who create a 5 ft 3 pace merchant with a pink Afro and doesn’t know when to pass. Yep, that’s Tavares, but I mean that in a good way. He really is an individual and I love it. My MOTM.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Very impressive again, unbelievable engine on the lad. Didn't know what to expect when we signed him but for me this is why it was worth the gamble going for a younger player at LB in the summer rather than someone like Bertrand.

Not comparing the 2 as players but reminding me of the way Liverpool signed Robertson to backup Moreno, who very quickly ended up claiming that role as his own.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We are playing our LB as a winger and this guy is the better winger of our two LBs. If he could improve on his composure in the final third then the gap will even get bigger and he should be the #1 LB in this system.

Top Bottom