• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Does Tierney’s a job bit better than he does in an attacking sense, unlike the latter he’s a genuine attacking outlet.

People will talk up his physical attributes as a way to marginalise what he brings, but I don’t think his technique can be questioned when he’s dribbling the way he does, with both feet too.

Those pot shots he takes when he’s in the final third is probably why he’s a left back instead of a forward.

Yep really underrated technically.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

That's all great and all but I'll be a bit happier when he learns to defend properly. At this stage he's just not good defensively.

Newcastle game was always going to suit him as he'd be going the other way most of the time.

Still major positional and decision making issues. You'll get away with his defensive shortcomings against Newcastle but not against better sides.

Guys definitely got potential though.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
People shouldn't get on his backs about shooting too much. He should be able to tone it down but we shouldn't try to mellow him out. His chaos is what'll make him an asset.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Still think this one was for the confidence and we'll see Tierney back next match for a bit more composure at the back. It's good management from Arteta but not sure how I feel about it now. Tavares give more going forward, Tierney's a better defender positionally & one v one

mirrorstares

Tierney is also better going forward, and better at shooting and better at crossing and linking with his winger and.. virtually everything really.

What Tierney isn't better at is running around like Tavares does, but he would also win the yellow Nuno won against Krafth anyway.

We just look less lethargic on TV when Nuno is there running around, even if the quality is lower. That's it. You already made this mistake with Martinelli back then.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Kieran isn't as good going forward as Nuno...he isn't as fast, skilful or good with the ball as Nuno.

Tierney is still quality, our best rounded fullback in terms of defence and attack (like Nacho was) but as an attacking player, Tavares is better...while as a defensive player, Tomi is better.

Sometimes having 2 players, with contrasting strengths is better for the team...though I wouldn't rule Kieran from getting his place back, he's a great player as I have said.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Kieran isn't as good going forward as Nuno...he isn't as fast, skilful or good with the ball as Nuno.

Tierney is still quality, our best rounded fullback in terms of defence and attack (like Nacho was) but as an attacking player, Tavares is better...while as a defensive player, Tomi is better.

Sometimes having 2 players, with contrasting strengths is better for the team...though I wouldn't rule Kieran from getting his place back, he's a great player as I have said.
Is it only me who remembers the quality of Tierney's attacking contribution last year? He had fb after fb on toast.

Riou

Is it only me who remembers the quality of Tierney's attacking contribution last year? He had fb after fb on toast.

Not saying he is a poor attacker, just that I feel Nuno is better in that regard.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Nuno offers far more going forward against the mid to lower teams in PL at least. Currently he is better to start against some of the weaker sides where there is less defense required. Physically he is a monster and technically decent. Credit to Teta to continue to play him after pool, it was the right game for him to play today.

Riou

KT started out really good offensively then defenders figured out his one move was kick and run. Just hasn’t been the same since.

Still not sure why Arteta tried to make him our attacking full back, should have looked for a more attacking right back.

Though very happy with Nuno and Tomi.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Still not sure why Arteta tried to make him our attacking full back, should have looked for a more attacking right back.

Though very happy with Nuno and Tomi.
Yh they balance each other very well and I think it might make the KT v Nuno contest a lot more closer than we initially thought it would be.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tierney is probably starting midweek against Utd.

I doubt Nuno would’ve played today if it wasn’t for that.

From what we’ve seen of the two this year though he’s been the stronger. Hope he plays the Goodison game.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Where are the guys who were saying he is ****, proof of the club’s incompetence and should be loaned out after the LFC match. At 8 million pounds he is my favorite signing of the bunch.

Henry boi

One game against the best team in the world makes you **** everything else you've been is irrelevant don't you know?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He had a great game and they had no answers for him which is why we were not often punished for some of the mistakes (misplaced passes) he made. This is the worst side in the league so he could still get away with some of those issues he still has. He was dangerous pretty often and recovered beautifully at times.

Only a handful of teams in PL can take advantage of his mistakes anyway so it's probably a moot point. He has time to develop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom