• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Plutarch

Yeah, we won't count all the pointless crosses from Tierney there which have the same effect. Really a poor argument from your side IMO.

Tavares had an assist yesterday, would be 2 if Martinelli could control the ball better, and you still come up with this :lol:
Tierney is a better player, in every aspect of the game. Better defender, better in attack, better decision making. If you can't see that I can't help you.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's really interesting how people still find a way to pick sides.
Genuinely think most of this is an overreaction to the Nuno>KT jokes.

I’ve already got people using poor Nuno performances to take digs at me. :lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Taking ridiculous shots and blasting the ball over the bar isn't minor, it's a serious fault. Every time he does it, we lose a good attacking position. I hope we see Tierney back for the Man United game.
This reminds me of when people complain about Partey taking shots. You don't think it's possibly an instruction from the coach? Arteta has never come out to condemn his players for shooting so far. Tavares was a bit overzealous but I think he was trying to make up for his horror show at Anfield.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Tierney is a better player, in every aspect of the game. Better defender, better in attack, better decision making. If you can't see that I can't help you.
Tierney lacks variation and can't beat a man 1v1. Can't come inside either. Tavares is more daring, durable, athletic and bigger but lacks refinement and not as switched on defensively

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Some wild takes being mentioned here 😂

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Tierney lacks variation and can't beat a man 1v1. Can't come inside either. Tavares is more daring, durable, athletic and bigger but lacks refinement and not as switched on defensively

Tavares has been here 5 minutes though and is still an unknown quantity for PL sides. Let’s reserve judgement until he’s been in the league for as long as KT.

mirrorstares

This reminds me of when people complain about Partey taking shots. You don't think it's possibly an instruction from the coach? Arteta has never come out to condemn his players for shooting so far. Tavares was a bit overzealous but I think he was trying to make up for his horror show at Anfield.

No, not at all. They look entirely hopeless unlike Partey who at least shoots when he's in front of goal. It wasn't him being overzealous either, when he was brought on as a late sub on the earlier matches this season he always liked to have a shot or two going nowhere.

His crosses are also awful, people comparing his banter shots/crosses to Tierney's crosses are having a laugh. One is a poor tactical setup, the other is just a poor player.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That's based on what? I don't think Tierney was that bad in the first place, just saying that Tavares is simply more versatile and talented when going forward. Most LB's will actually be similar to Tierney, Tavares is something different but still very raw
I am saying that based off his performances here, I back Tierney to respond to this if he gets a chance. Did you not rate Tierney when he was playing well?

Tavares has been good but has looked raw as you say. He made multiple crosses and shots which led to a goal kick, must have been around 4 times. Tierney when playing at his best isn’t raw at all he’s a dangerous LB like Tavares but is more refined.

I’ve not been really calling Tierney to start I’ve enjoyed Tavares but we wanna maximise our points so if someone can potentially do it better you give them a chance eventually. On another day Tavares doesn’t start vs Newcastle for example, after his second half vs Liverpool.

Anyway regardless of all this I do think Tavares has a high ceiling, but he’s still raw and will make mistakes.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I am saying that based off his performances here, I back Tierney to respond to this if he gets a chance. Did you not rate Tierney when he was playing well?

Tavares has been good but has looked raw as you say. He made multiple crosses and shots which led to a goal kick, must have been around 4 times. Tierney when playing at his best isn’t raw at all he’s a dangerous LB like Tavares but is more refined.

I’ve not been really calling Tierney to start I’ve enjoyed Tavares but we wanna maximise our points so if someone can potentially do it better you give them a chance eventually. On another day Tavares doesn’t start vs Newcastle for example, after his second half vs Liverpool.

Anyway regardless of all this I do think Tavares has a high ceiling, but he’s still raw and will make mistakes.
We are going to need both guys as both give us something different than the other. I like the contribution of both I think people are running down Tierney too much going forward he can and does push forward and does get involved in the attack he just isn’t as swashbuckling as Nuno

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Taking ridiculous shots and blasting the ball over the bar isn't minor, it's a serious fault. Every time he does it, we lose a good attacking position. I hope we see Tierney back for the Man United game.
Nah...dont buy this for a second. Tierney never shoots and we still look ****.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Not better in attack...and quesfionable if he is on defense as he usually gets bullied by stronger attackers.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't want to cr@p on Tavares because I'm really liking what he brings, but there is this weird new player bias as well. Tierney created 6 chances with 89% passing accuracy against Brentford and half the forum was crying about it.

Anyway, this is the Tavares thread, and he's doing good.

Tom Mix

It's a good problem to have when you are discussing which player is better rather than which player is worse. Reminds me a bit of when we had an emerging Ashley Cole and Silvinho (didn't last long because of the dodgy passport).

I would like to see ways in which they can both play in the same XI. If there aren't any then one of them will have to be sold. Too good to be on permanently on the bench.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't want to cr@p on Tavares because I'm really liking what he brings, but there is this weird new player bias as well. Tierney created 6 chances with 89% passing accuracy against Brentford and half the forum was crying about it.

Anyway, this is the Tavares thread, and he's doing good.
Defo a new player bias but it has worked both ways, you equally see a few not having any of it and eagerly awaiting KT's return despite all the positive outings our new young signing has had.

ThePortugueseGunner

Players like Tavares will always shine in games against teams like Newcastle, where their team has the ball for most of the game, thus giving them room to spam crosses and runs. When you spam those, the odds of eventually getting something right go up.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I liked his game on Saturday. My only criticism is that he took four wild shots in the first half. I find him versatile and exciting with the ability to get up and down the line pretty effortlessly abd to cone in field. He dovetailed with Lokonga really well to make sure there were no gaps at the back. We've a good history of exciting LB's and I hope he'll do well here.

Top Bottom