• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
AM looks to be ready for the conversation about our starting LB, and it definitely shouldn't be Tierney

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Great to have two good LB's, both still young.

I'm still not convinced about Tavares' defending abilities, need to see him against tougher opposition where he has more work to do.

But competition and rotation will only help Tierney too, as he hasn't been very good recently.

I still don't understand why many need to downplay our other players to up another.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Still feel like this will all end in tears though. :lol:

As much as I want this guy to succeed as it’ll bust this Tesco boy myth and how highly people rate him, my gut feeling is that the above is bound to happen.

It was definitely worth the risk based on how suited his attributes are for the PL.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
One of the best athletes I’ve ever seen for Arsenal tbh. He didn’t even look tired and he made some ridiculous forward runs.

There was one moment where he stopped the ball, did some step overs, best his defender easily and then picked out a man with his cross. That’s a proper attacking fullback, not just someone that can overlap well like Kola and Tierney, but someone that can actually do everything that you’d want a winger to do.

There was this one moment where the ball came to him and I thought he would go out wide and I was so shocked he cut inside instead. It was so unpredictable and I don't think I've seen an Arsenal fullback do that before.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

One of the best athletes I’ve ever seen for Arsenal tbh. He didn’t even look tired and he made some ridiculous forward runs.

There was one moment where he stopped the ball, did some step overs, best his defender easily and then picked out a man with his cross. That’s a proper attacking fullback, not just someone that can overlap well like Kola and Tierney, but someone that can actually do everything that you’d want a winger to do.

It ends CL in tears only if he doesn’t have great coaches. He has world class athleticism and speed. That’s a huge thing to build on and mold a great player. People will say football is much more than that, but those two things are the most important and as long as you are not an idiot you should do well. Fullback is also the easiest position to play on the pitch

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It ends CL in tears only if he doesn’t have great coaches. He has world class athleticism and speed. That’s a huge thing to build on and mold a great player. People will say football is much more than that, but those two things are the most important and as long as you are not an idiot you should do well. Fullback is also the easiest position to play on the pitch
True, look at how much Kyle Walker has improved. At Nuno’s age he was definitely athlete first footballer second.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed his performance yesterday but he basically got to play as a winger. Going forward is his strength.

If he played week in week out at this stage of his career his defensive shortcomings / mental lapses would be exposed so badly against decent sides.

If Arteta and the coaches can get him up to just average levels defensively we'll have a player on our hands. Offensively he's already a weapon and he's one of the best athletes I think I've ever seen play for Arsenal.

drippin

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed his performance yesterday but he basically got to play as a winger. Going forward is his strength.

If he played week in week out at this stage of his career his defensive shortcomings / mental lapses would be exposed so badly against decent sides.

If Arteta and the coaches can get him up to just average levels defensively we'll have a player on our hands. Offensively he's already a weapon and he's one of the best athletes I think I've ever seen play for Arsenal.
Yeah, people saying he is better than Tierney, but he has mostly played against Wimbledon and Aston Villa who had 0 shots and 0.00 xG in the first half.

Tierney can play a CB in 3 atb, and is mostly a solid LB defensively.

Tavares still has a lot to prove, and we can't know if he can be consistent in his performances yet. Good start though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, people saying he is better than Tierney, but he has mostly played against Wimbledon and Aston Villa who had 0 shots and 0.00 xG in the first half.

Tierney can play a CB in 3 atb, and is mostly a solid LB defensively.

Tavares still has a lot to prove, and we can't know if he can be consistent in his performances yet. Good start though.

I get what you’re saying, but with the way Arteta likes to use his LB (basically a LW) I don’t think we should focus too much on the defensive side. Obviously he needs to be able to defend in some capacity but I think the attacking side of the game is more important. Think about how **** we’ve looked attacking down that side (and in general) while Tierney has been rubbish.

drippin

Haters just mad because we called this before a ball was even kicked @Troopz @BigPoppaPump

The real A-M visionaries. :shivering:
Yeah, I was right.
BigPoppaPump:

The Arsenal transfer cycle is sign a poor player and then everyone tries convince themselves it's actually good for back up until you see them play and they eventually get dropped and everyone moans about them being 'deadwood'. I can see this guys future already.
Troopz:

Downgrading from Kolasinac and spending 10m in doing so.

Are we actually trying to build a relegation team? I guess it’s going to be a dogfight down there this season.

drippin

You’re using the forum search function to try and discredit my guys? You’ve already lost. #RentFree
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Top Bottom