• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Is Martinelli good enough in hold-up play etc.? I see him more like a Auba mold striker, but more technical. So cutting-in LW spot seems better for him.

Arsenal needs a Laca-type striker, preferably a bit more physical, against those park-the-bus teams in EPL.
I don't know. His instinct in front of goal seems too good to put him out wide and his dribble/close control doesn't seem good enough to be a top level winger.

I like a Benzema/van Persie/Aguero type Striker as much as you, but it is not an absolute must. You adjust the system based on the qualities you have in the squad and with a top quality goalscorer you can think about changing stuff up in midfield to adjust for the lack of holdup play from the striker.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Guarantee if Rodgers tries to replace Vardy with this guy, he loses his jon within 12 months.

He could be a Laarson, Tierney or Van Dijk; I'd put money on him being a Venigor of Hesselink.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know. His instinct in front of goal seems too good to put him out wide and his dribble/close control doesn't seem good enough to be a top level winger.

I like a Benzema/van Persie/Aguero type Striker as much as you, but it is not an absolute must. You adjust the system based on the qualities you have in the squad and with a top quality goalscorer you can think about changing stuff up in midfield to adjust for the lack of holdup play from the striker.

This is a good point. Buy good players and find a system which plays to their strengths. Searching for inferior players just cos they suit a particular style you want isn't really the way to go. Just buy the best players you can buy, quality is the ultimate difference-maker.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, I can see your point, but can you see mine? How would you get Auba/Martinelli kind of striker work in the center position against busses? Such a striker is best when you have more counter-attacking possibilities imo. At least we would also need someone who is different, like now we have Laca.

Auba has scored a lot from the left, and this has been done with tactics, so he can cut in while the LB goes more wide.

"'I like to play open and I play quite centrally, but I prefer to start wide,' said Martinelli."

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah, I can see your point, but can you see mine? How would you get Auba/Martinelli kind of striker work in the center position against busses? Such a striker is best when you have more counter-attacking possibilities imo. At least we would also need someone who is different, like now we have Laca.

Auba has scored a lot from the left, and this has been done with tactics, so he can cut in while the LB goes more wide.

"'I like to play open and I play quite centrally, but I prefer to start wide,' said Martinelli."
to
Yeah I see your point. That's why I started with 'I don't know'. I think it's too early to conclude he'd be a limited poacher striker like Auba, but I admit he doesn't have the intricate technique of a traditional winger. It will be interesting to see how he continues to develop.

It makes sense to develop him on the wing, but he could be good enough to play centrally.

I always felt that Auba on the wing was too limiting even though his world class goalscoring ability caused him to score a lot of goals from there. So I'm inclined not to repeat that tactic, but it definitely can work.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hesselink.

thumb_122800531_220923586062075_1179130064700001545_n-3162054599.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom