• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All those foreign guys and there is an English guy in London who has 25 league goals in the championship and will probably finish mid 30 league goals. Would he really be bigger gamble than guys who played in Scotland and Austria?
Just seen his stats, even for the championship that is outrageous. 25 goals and 9 assists in 32 apps.

Even if his output halved in the PL that would still be a good signing.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just seen his stats, even for the championship that is outrageous. 25 goals and 9 assists in 32 apps.

Wasn't there a kid from hull that had insane goal stats (don't know if centrally or from the wing),we got linked and nothing happened... What's he up to?

I ask that because while I feel we should gamble more on the championship, for some reason I don't trust strikers from the division as much.

Not that I've seen a daka or the lad Im referring to play at all.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah he had similar stats in league 1 and continued same scoring rate. He is worth the gamble IMO.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't there a kid from hull that had insane goal stats (don't know if centrally or from the wing),we got linked and nothing happened... What's he up to?

I ask that because while I feel we should gamble more on the championship, for some reason I don't trust strikers from the division as much.

Probably thinking of Jarrod Bowen, he plays at West Ham now.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
All those foreign guys and there is an English guy in London who has 25 league goals in the championship and will probably finish mid 30 league goals. Would he really be bigger gamble than guys who played in Scotland and Austria?

I’m guessing that you are talking about Toney here? Really want us to get him but can’t see him moving for less than what they sold Ollie Watkins for

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bowen wasn’t going to keep scoring at the rate he was for Hull. He’s been alright at West Ham but he plays a different role.

The Maupay example isn’t really a precedent because he had one good year for Brentford who were the Championship Galacticos with that team.

All his goals were basically dodgy tap ins from a yard out after ridiculous team build up play. Beyond that one year when they were walking it into the net he did nothing.

Ollie Watkins and Toney offer you so much more than goalscoring unlike Maupay so even if they can’t hit the net they’ll raise the level of the players around them. Toney has great link up play and then ball sticks to him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bowen wasn’t going to keep scoring at the rate he was for Hull. He’s been alright at West Ham but he plays a different role.

The Maupay example isn’t really a precedent because he had one good year for Brentford who were the Championship Galacticos with that team.

All his goals were basically dodgy tap ins from a yard out after ridiculous team build up play. Beyond that one year when they were walking it into the net he did nothing.

Ollie Watkins and Toney offer you so much more than goalscoring unlike Maupay so even if they can’t hit the net they’ll raise the level of the players around them. Toney has great link up play and then ball sticks to him.

I'll add Benrahma to my list, who I was very big on. Still, I'm down to taking a couple of gambles with championship players if they come for a decent fee, along with wages that mean we can sell them if it doesn't pan out.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'll add Benrahma to my list, who I was very big on. Still, I'm down to taking a couple of gambles with championship players if they come for a decent fee, along with wages that mean we can sell them if it doesn't pan out.

Benrahma was alright but when people were comparing him to Mahrez things had gone too far.

Always felt out of their big three that Mbuemo was most talented and Watkins would transition to the PL the easiest.

Benrahma was a bit of a ball hog who cut in a lot.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Same feeling with strikers out of the Championship, for every 1 that does well there are multiple others who struggle to make the step up.

I'm interested to see how well Watkins does next season and if he can continue to score at the top level.

But saying that, it takes a special player to continously score in the PL regardless of what league he came from, so many players who bagged in other leagues fail here, the issue with the Championship is the price tags; Edouard in the Championship probably adds 10-15mil.

Goonger

What I like about Toney is his all round game, he's very decent in the air for his size, hes fast, can occupy a defence, can run the channels & hold the ball up, can assist & can score all types of goals.

The other thing is that mentally he's meant to be very strong, he seems really ambitious & wants to win badly. Think that's another advantage he has over Edouard who I think can go a bit down when it gets tough.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was quite keen on Eduoard, he has a lot of the skills that I like in a center forward, but must admit this season has been a bit concerning. If you're in an out of the team at Celtic in the Scottish league then there's obviously a problem there.

I really like the look of Isak at Sociedad. 6"4, quite quick, can dribble, link the play and has added more goals to his game this season. Only 21 as well. I think it would be class if we could sell Eddie and Lacazette and bring him in, then go with Auba and Isak as the 9's next season.

wolfkidultman

I think people are looking at Edouard’s situation with a considerable lack of context.

He hasn’t ‘downed tools’. He’s playing in the worst Celtic team in twenty years, under the worst manager in that time. The club is a shambles from top to bottom and the playing staff have lack direction with morale at an all time low. They haven’t been losing to everyone and anyone because of a lack of quality in the side.

His performances and the improvements he’s made to his game over the last couple of seasons really do speak for themselves. This is a guy who would have moved last summer had Covid not been a factor. Absolutely no doubt at all about that.

This is a 22 year old non-native leading the line for a club with enormous expectation and he’s delivered since being a teenager. By far the best player currently in Scotland.

What has Daka proved? What had Haaland proved before moving to Dortmund? What has any player proved to half of this forum before first and second tier clubs have their sights set firmly on them and we’re outpriced?

This is a guy who went on loan from PSG to Toulouse, made a mistake, learned from that and made himself Celtic’s record transfer and star man. The guy has a record of developing himself.

Excellent at coming deep and getting involved in build up play, better than Lacazette at receiving the ball with his back to goal, playing the ball off and spinning defenders. He’s agile, quick, a powerful runner with very good technique and can score any type of goal.

He’s exactly the sort of player we should be going after and if he ends up at Leicester, Everton, Sp**s, Leeds or whoever else then we’ll regret not taking the relatively small chance on him.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
First threadmark I've seen in the wild 😍

We used to pray for times like this

That honor belongs to @yousif_arsenal posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom