• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Is he good enough for the PL? What is his PL attributes? If we intend to invest in a new CF I want:

1. Speed. Stupid fast.
2. Brave to head the ball. Tall.
3. Technical. Can receive, pass, shoot.

Goonger

Is he good enough for the PL? What is his PL attributes? If we intend to invest in a new CF I want:

1. Speed. Stupid fast.

1. Hes quite quick, without being super fast. Certainly faster than Laca.
2. He's tall, but not renowned for his heading or bravery, but he's decent at holding the ball up, certainly better than Auba.
3. His best attribute out the 3, likes to drop off, can find space, can dribble, can link & play 1-2's etc, & can be a smart finisher.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

1. Speed. Stupid fast.
So a younger Ronaldo, Haaland or bust :lol:

Who would you go for?

Legend14

Established Member
So a younger Ronaldo, Haaland or bust :lol:

Who would you go for?
Haaland. Yes. On my impossible wishlist.

Not really sure. I was hoping someone has been scouting forwards because we need one. Haaland is the only one I’ve taken a look at.

Legend14

Established Member
1. Hes quite quick, without being super fast. Certainly faster than Laca.
2. He's tall, but not renowned for his heading or bravery, but he's decent at holding the ball up, certainly better than Auba.
3. His best attribute out the 3, likes to drop off, can find space, can dribble, can link & play 1-2's etc, & can be a smart finisher.
Ok. I’ll take a look at him. We definitely need a threat up top.

Goonger

Ok. I’ll take a look at him. We definitely need a threat up top.

He's not perfect by any means. The raw attributes are there, to really take his game to the next level it's more mental for me, more bravery, more aggression, more desire. Not sure you can coach these though. It's where I see Ivan Toney having an advantage over him, & I think is what's setting Haaland apart from his peers, as he's a killer as Henry has described him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
2 of the most hyped U21 teams, France & England, managed to get beat 1-0 yesterday by Denmark & Switzerland. Just goes to show its not all about the quality of player.
I'd say they have a lot of individual talent, players who will go onto being top players. But yeah it doesn't necessarily translate to being a good side.

I feel like international football and especially U21 football is quite different to club football. It is less continuous and consistently happening, and U21 football is just a little pool of talent that eventually gets too old or goes onto playing for the national team. So I wouldn't say its proper football tbh, its quite temporary and must have 2-3 years cycles, which is less than club and international football.

Hooplehead

1. Speed. Stupid fast.
Yes to everything apart from brave, he's a bit of a ****ebag to be honest.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

1. Speed. Stupid fast.

Having those 3 attributes together are rare but when you do find them its the recipe to be world class.

CR7, Haaland, Henry, its a very rare mix to have tall and fast, need to start scouting the 100m Olympics for that type of build :lol:

We wont be able to compete for the Haaland levels but I think we should be looking for an Adebayor type of player, flaws but can be worked on.

Legend14

Established Member
Having those 3 attributes together are rare but when you do find them its the recipe to be world class.

CR7, Haaland, Henry, its a very rare mix to have tall and fast, need to start scouting the 100m Olympics for that type of build :lol:

We wont be able to compete for the Haaland levels but I think we should be looking for an Adebayor type of player, flaws but can be worked on.
True. I guess at a minimum we should have someone who can head the ball. We’ve wasted so much effort getting into crossing positions, only to have no player go for the ball.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Haaland isn't good in the air and neither was Henry. If we want a forward who can attack crosses in the air then Edouard is not the guy.

If we want a true 9. The Lewandowski, Kane, Lukaku, Calvert Lewin type, then we need to think about who we go after.

Personally I wouldn't even go after a striker. We sank money into Auba, so we need to play him there and develop Martinelli behind him. Any investment we make needs to be at the 10 if its Ødegaard or someone else. We also need 2 central midfielders, a RB and lb.

-------------------Auba/Martinelli

ESR/ Willian-----Ødegaard----Saka/Pepe

More than enough firepower.

AeNwT

I’ve watched him since he was at PSG. More since he’s been at Celtic & a good friend of mine is a Celtic fan who I regularly asked about Tierney. In my opinion he’s the only striker I know of that I want us to sign. Gabi, Balogun & Édouard are who I want leading the line next season. He has everything. It’s just about his application. When he drops deep he can change games. He occupies so much space and can pass. He plays like Laca but with more goals. He’s 6’2 & very clinical has been putting up Basketball numbers in the Scottish league.
I think Arteta could utilise his finesse style to drop deep & his potential link up with smith Rowe, Ø & Saka could be exciting to watch against the right level of competition. He’s not the finished article but he has a level at everything. Very well rounded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom