• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
waiting for scottish sun to confirm this. there will be alot of links with him this summer he changed his agent to same agent who represent Tierney. i'm interested to see how much we'll get from Laca it could be a direct replacement and saving money for midfielder RB and attacking mid.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Guess we could send Nelson on loan up there, but he'd probably be scarred for life after a friendly vs Stenhousemuir.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m guessing that you are talking about Toney here? Really want us to get him but can’t see him moving for less than what they sold Ollie Watkins for
His stats in the championship is more impressive than the frenchman in scotland and he seems more of a natural nr 9

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Edouard is a fantastic player. He is having a poor season and Celtic are having an even worse season and he has still scored 16 goals in 24 league games.

He is the opposite of a Tierney in terms of passion on the pitch. He doesn't display many emotions and could be viewed more as an Özil type player on the pitch with his body language. But ultimately he scores goals.

I've said this plenty when asked about him this season. He got covid and missed a chunk of games and still looks off. The team had been brutal and really missed a threat out wide to share the pressure of attacking. Lennon is a brutal manager and the El group Celtic got handed was a nightmare one, Milan and Lille leading their leagues at the time (Milan sitting 2nd just now and Lille still top of theirs) It was the perfect storm for a season to go tits up.

20m to 25m is a fair price. It's a bit of a gamble but one I believe will pay off. You're getting the French under 21 record goal scorer, a guy with experience in British and European football, a guy with a good temperament and a fantastic goal record. It's a risk worth taking.

Edit. As for stats people have to remember nearly every team Celtic play domestically sit with 11 men behind the ball. We know from experience that's a hard way to break down teams. It's one of the reasons why I was so high up on us signing VVd because he was use to defending front foot not back foot like a lot of defenders playing elsewhere. I can't speak for Toney at Brentford as in truth I haven't seen a lot of them (but I do know he was up at Celtic Park and ready to sign until they backed out last minute and opted for Ajeti so I've kept an eye on him and his record is outstanding) but I wonder how many packed defences he has come up against and if his record can transfer to a team that has a lot of the ball and plays against teams that camp in their box most weeks. Quick stat check says Brentford average 54%, Arsenal 57% and Celtic 62%. Just food for thought when factoring in the above. Ideally you go sign both for around 50 to 60m.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Toney over Edouard? Never. Edouard can do it all. Pretty obvious he doesn't want to be at Celtic any longer and wants to leave. He probably had a deal close and it didn't go through. I would be more than happy with him as our CF signing at that price.

Pace, power, shooting technique, dribbling, drift wide, run in behind, short back lift in the box, link up play and aerial ability that can develop. Even if Edouard doesn't score in a game, he can effect it in so many ways.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surely Celtic can't ask for a 25m fee? The guy is playing in the SPL, has been in and out of the team and has a year left. I'd hope we could get him for around 15m, which would be a no brainer to be honest.

Goonger

Toney over Edouard? Never. Edouard can do it all. Pretty obvious he doesn't want to be at Celtic any longer and wants to leave. He probably had a deal close and it didn't go through. I would be more than happy with him as our CF signing at that price.

Pace, power, shooting technique, dribbling, drift wide, run in behind, short back lift in the box, link up play and aerial ability that can develop. Even if Edouard doesn't score in a game, he can effect it in so many ways.

Toney has all those things as well, having so many goals AND assists testify to that. Also, he's much better in the air than Edouard who is pretty poor for his height. I think he has a better attitude & mentally stronger as well.

However, the price might make Edouard more appealing, I agree there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not surprised if Leicester sign him Rodgers know him well and he'd want to work with manager that know his ability.

Zaza

I would accept this if it means we make a big signing like Grealish/Aouar and a young midfielder like Olise.
We do need a big signing at LW or CF.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Would be a very smart signing all round. Although he's not my first choice, at that price he would be very appealing.
They are definitely in need of a goalscorer. Vardy can't last forever, this may well be his last good season. If not it will be the next one. And there are very few goals in that team when he isn't available.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Oh well. Patrick Bamford anyone?

It makes me chuckle whenever I see Bamford mentioned.

Under 18 months ago AM couldn't believe that a 'donkey' 'Championship plodder' like Bamford was getting picked ahead of 'Wonderkid' Nketiah. How opinions of both players have changed in such a small space of time!

But it's a big no from me. Decent enough player but he is very important to Leeds and they don't need the money, it would take a bid of far more than he is worth to get him I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom