• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Odsonne Edouard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That said I find it hard to believe that Arteta would be happy with Auba/Edouard/Martinelli/Balogun as striking options next season. There seems to be a bust-up with Auba and frankly that could get worse still, although let's hope not, and the other three are all young and from what we know about Arteta it's unlikely he'd give minutes to three young strikers.
Bust up or not. We have a 31 year who wil be 32 in 2 months on 300k. He ain’t going nowhere and if Arteta freezes him out he will be long gone before Auba. That will be another asset Arteta ruined

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we sign him he becomes our back-up striker/plan B option. This also fuels my fears that Arteta has no intention of giving up on Auba on the wing, he's just going to keep building the system until it works.

He basically takes Laca's place in the squad if we sign him but then the same problems remain re: Martinelli's development. Is third choice striker/wing option enough minutes for him?

GLITCH

If we sign him he becomes our back-up striker/plan B option. This also fuels my fears that Arteta has no intention of giving up on Auba on the wing, he's just going to keep building the system until it works.

He basically takes Laca's place in the squad if we sign him but then the same problems remain re: Martinelli's development. Is third choice striker/wing option enough minutes for him?
Martinelli could go on loan. I think that would be great for his development.

Hinderz

Bust up or not. We have a 31 year who wil be 32 in 2 months on 300k. He ain’t going nowhere and if Arteta freezes him out he will be long gone before Auba. That will be another asset Arteta ruined
32 year olds on £300k/w aren't really assets.

Breezy ®

Think our only hope of getting rid of Lacazette is if a club like PSG or Inter decide to take him on. Otherwise I really don’t see anybody being interested enough to take his wages on.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Unfortunately Leicester do hold the cards here, Champions League football and a manager who knows the player already.

It would be quite the coup if we could snatch him from them, and to give us that chance we need to get back into the Champions League.

Goonger

Unfortunately Leicester do hold the cards here, Champions League football and a manager who knows the player already.

It would be quite the coup if we could snatch him from them, and to give us that chance we need to get back into the Champions League.

Leicester won't get Champions League. They'll blow it again, final 3 games of the season vs Utd, Chelsea & Sp**s.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

They don't hold all the cards. Arsenal can probably still offer higher wages and a more attractive location, stuff like that matters to footballers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I like the player I just don't want him. Completely defeats the object of signing Balogun up. Balogun turns 20 in a couple months. I'd go as far to say I'd rather keep Laca for the remainder of his deal and sell Auba in the summer. Then obviously you have Martinelli who I like up front.

AeNwT

I’m one of the few fans that wanted Auba sold in the summer & mainly because I haven’t like or enjoyed Arsenal teams for around half my life (15 years) I know the interest is solid & Édouard wants the move. Just can’t see Arteta dropping Auba & Laca. I do feel he needs to though as his job depends on it. Bally, Gabi & Édouard would be a dream line up to me. Édouard plays like a more physical Laca so the team can continue to hone their style whilst letting the other two just develop from the wild cards that they are.
Having those 3 attributes together are rare but when you do find them its the recipe to be world class.

CR7, Haaland, Henry, its a very rare mix to have tall and fast, need to start scouting the 100m Olympics for that type of build :lol:

We wont be able to compete for the Haaland levels but I think we should be looking for an Adebayor type of player, flaws but can be worked on.
it’s ironic you point this out as I think he needs a coach to take his game to the next level. To me he can be world class his technique is outstanding his close finishing (chips) are so accurate right or left foot. His passing is very good for a striker but when he drops deep the space he can create for others is exceptional. This is one of the main reasons why I want him. His hold up play isn’t always good but with coaching he can really disrupt a defence. Especially if Ø or Smith Rowe are linking play

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I like the player I just don't want him. Completely defeats the object of signing Balogun up. Balogun turns 20 in a couple months. I'd go as far to say I'd rather keep Laca for the remainder of his deal and sell Auba in the summer. Then obviously you have Martinelli who I like up front.
Did we sign up Balogun then? I missed that, would be good news.

I'm in a similar mindset at the moment. The problem with buying a striker like Edouard is that we have Martinelli who I see as a massive talent for CF. The problem is how do we transition from two aging strikers to a new set of strikers. Given what we have invested in Auba, I assume we're trying to get one more year out of him. We should use that year to slowly see if we can develop Martinelli into our first choice striker for the '22/'23 season.

I think in terms of squad balance it probably wouldn't be great to have 3 young strikers (Edouard + Balogun + Martinelli) competing for the first spot. It seems like a Cavani/Giroud-type signing at the start of the '22/'23 season makes more sense if we back Martinelli's talent. If he doesn't do well next year we can always buy a readymade striker then.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I'm in a similar mindset at the moment. The problem with buying a striker like Edouard is that we have Martinelli who I see as a massive talent for CF. The problem is how do we transition from two aging strikers to a new set of strikers. Given what we have invested in Auba, I assume we're trying to get one more year out of him. We should use that year to slowly see if we can develop Martinelli into our first choice striker for the '22/'23 season.

I think in terms of squad balance it probably wouldn't be great to have 3 young strikers (Edouard + Balogun + Martinelli) competing for the first spot. It seems like a Cavani/Giroud-type signing at the start of the '22/'23 season makes more sense if we back Martinelli's talent. If he doesn't do well next year we can always buy a readymade striker then.

Yeah all agreed according to Orny just need the announcement which could take months knowing Arsenal :lol:

But yes it doesn't make any sense signing Edouard right now. Unless Auba and Laca are both sold this summer in which case then yes, he would be needed.

Goonger

I suppose the main question is where Arteta sees Martinelli long term. Does he see him as a forward in the Aguero / Suarez mould? Or does he see him starting further wide like Alexis Sanchez? That will dictate if the next forward move is for a striker or a left winger you would imagine.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I suppose the main question is where Arteta sees Martinelli long term. Does he see him as a forward in the Aguero / Suarez mould? Or does he see him starting further wide like Alexis Sanchez? That will dictate if the next forward move is for a striker or a left winger you would imagine.
I would argue it will be CF, but I don't know of course. But yeah that's quite important for the assessment.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I would argue it will be CF, but I don't know of course. But yeah that's quite important for the assessment.
Is Martinelli good enough in hold-up play etc.? I see him more like a Auba mold striker, but more technical. So cutting-in LW spot seems better for him.

Arsenal needs a Laca-type striker, preferably a bit more physical, against those park-the-bus teams in EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom