• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ok now that Vieira's going

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 3,201
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

i'm still dreamin of a miracle. If Arsenal can just hold out till saturday. Then he won't be able to play in the Champs league first faze

Guns and Arses

I'm not afraid. We're still a top team. Only a highbury-trained player can be a real PV replacement. We shall see one in a few years' time.

MightyArsenal

I got 3 words for you:

Francesc Fabregas Soler

If only he wasnt so young he would be ideal, this guy is awesome the way he controls the football and spreads it, exactly like vieira, except cesc is more attacking so either gilberto or edu are gonna have to sit deep alot.

I DON'T like the idea of moving Kolo forward to midfield as a replacement for Vieira. He and Sol had a solid relationship at the back last season so why meddle with something that doesn't need fixing? Beside, there's maybe 2 or 3 or players who could help ease the pain of a possible Vieira departure.

1) Gerrard
Like Reyes the Wonderkid said in his post, on his day, Gerrard can really dominate a game and make his presence felt in the midefield. Look how he played against us in the 4-2 win at Highbury in April. Also, I think Gerrard is probably the ONLY person I can think of who has the qualities both Roy Keane had when he was younger and in his prime and elements of Vieira's game embedded in his own style of play and who, could, arguably be seen as the closes replacement for Paddy. I mean he's tenacious, a tough-tackler (Like Vieira), strong and offers more of an attacking threat. He wouldn't need time to settle into the pace/speed of the premiership as he is already accustomed to it. And whilst he he may not quite be in Vieira's class, yet, he does have age on his side (Only 24) and has has the potential, under the right manager (Like Wenger), to be equal, if not better, than what Vieira is now. Although whether Gerrard would be willing to join us after he said he would commit himself to Liverpool, coupled with the fact Liverpool, themselves, would probably want a minimum of £30-odd-million remains to be seen. This would be my #1 choice IF, and I do mean, IF, we could somehow get him.

2) Ballack
Whilst I think he is an entirely different player to Paddy he would definitely be a welcomed addition. Especially if someone like Gilberto or Edu are playing the holding role, allowing Ballack to roam and really leave his mark on the game. Would most likely cost less then Gerrard.

3) Maniche
Has been linked with us since he performances in Euro2004 as a replacement for Paddy, but it always worries me when a player is bought on the back of playing well in a major tournament. It always seems that the player doesn't play as well for his new club. Wehther this applies to Maniche, we'll have to wait and see?

CMS said:
vieira leaving my ass.....

wtf u talking about?

Hey, mate, I'm like you, I hope these strories such today's news of Vieira having "agreed" terms with Real are total BS. And if Vieira is still captain come the Everton game, I'll be the happiest Arsenal fan alive. I'm just saying if Vieira did leave, who would be best suited to ease the loss of his departure.

The Mini

Right so my bet is that if it goes my way we'll have someone there out of Maniche, Cesc :)D), Albelda, Gerrard or Ballack. I would add my choice of Kaka, but its only me saying that and only me thinking we should move on.

thegame24

Established Member
You do know if he goes we ae going to get screwed. Real are only offering 25 million.

However, nothing is done yet. Why do you believe what Madrid are saying? But dont believe what ARSENAL, your club, is saying.

Anyway Yaskl why are you so worried? i thought you said Gerrard is better than Vieira.

So you obviously should think Vieira is easy to replace as Gerrard aint all that.

calvinngai88

Nothing is confirmed until it's reported in skysports.com or arsenal.com. And every report is saying Real Madrid's getting Vieira for only 21million pounds. What the hell? So little money? It's nothing but just bullsh*t. I'm not worried at all.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
The Porto president had words to say regarding Madrid and their ppursuit of Ricardo Carvalho- it went along the lines of Madrid believe they can do what they want. If Porto wanted to sell Carvalho to Madrid, Porto would set the price. Not Madrid.
So, I say if Madrid and Vieira want each other so much, fine, but let's make them pay absolute top dollar- Zidane worth £50m? Well Vieira must be worth at least that.
And if they refuse, then they should go pester someone else.

If we get a proper amount of money it'd be significant money in paying off the Stadium construction too!

vin de guerre

OneteaminLondon said:
The Porto president had words to say regarding Madrid and their ppursuit of Ricardo Carvalho- it went along the lines of Madrid believe they can do what they want. If Porto wanted to sell Carvalho to Madrid, Porto would set the price. Not Madrid.
So, I say if Madrid and Vieira want each other so much, fine, but let's make them pay absolute top dollar- Zidane worth £50m? Well Vieira must be worth at least that.
And if they refuse, then they should go pester someone else.

If we get a proper amount of money it'd be significant money in paying off the Stadium construction too!

spot on!

A

Anonymous

honestly i'd like to see lampard come in more ways than coming to arsenal :eek:ops: anyway enough of that lol ... lampard id say is nearly a vieira type player also he can score goals :p what was it 12 last season? (just a guess)

.....................henry.......reyes....................
...........................RvPersie.........................
..... pires.............lampard.......freddie/pennant(if he can push through)
cole..........campbell........toure.......lauren/trabelsi(if he comes)
......................jens/almunia/taylor(i wanna see taylor have a chance to take the no1 spot) :D

that team looks sexual imo :D

n_henry

Vieira is willing to go for only 21-25mil? Come on! I don't believe he wants to leave that much.. ! :?

I'd like Gerrard to replace him first, but I seriously doubt that'll happen - he's rejected Chelsea, and we're definitely not going to be able to offer him more, so I doubt anyone will be able to pry him away from Anfield.

I want Ballack then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom