• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I've already answered that, not gonna bother rewatching the game to tell you the exact minute but I do remember his reaction and how angry he was at himself. So I was annoyed, he was angry at himself and here you are pretending nothing happened
I'm not pretending nothing happened. He is rusty, and when you try harder passes than most players, you will make more passing mistakes.

You suggested he kept giving the ball away, and I asked what you mean.

It has turned out he once made a right 50/50 choice, but resulted in a corner, which I explained. I already explained also the great pass, but with bad luck from a slip from Nketiah.

Without the Nketiah slip for a great progressive pass, his passing accuracy would have been ~95%.

So your suggestion that he kept giving the ball away, is BS. He made one clear mistake, a mistake I don't know what it was and neither do you apparently. So even that might not have been a bad mistake where he "gave the ball away".

GoonerJay24

Really poor yesterday after coming on to bring control, but instead was the complete opposite.

I still think he's a useful and unique player but too unreliable. Maybe, Aretas management style isn't right for him.

Legend14

Established Member
Zinny fan. But his little giveaways all over the pitch are starting to bother me. He needs to up his concentration or become the third option.

drippin

This is going to annoy a lot of people. It might even break AM. We'll see. :lol:

The stats & Zinchenko haters will attack from the bushes like rabid dogs.

GIqTo9fbIAAvHuk

Buhry

Established Member

This is going to annoy a lot of people. It might even break AM. We'll see. :lol:

The stats & Zinchenko haters will attack from the bushes like rabid dogs.

GIqTo9fbIAAvHuk

[/MEDIA]

Anyone with eyes can see he is not a ''93'' defensively. Guy aint prime Roberto Carlos ffs. Our left side gets exposed a lot when he plays and we are all biting our nails when he is up against a good winger. Not to mention the random ball turnovers that turn into counter attacks, he had many of those in the first half of this season.

drippin

Anyone with eyes can see he is not a ''93'' defensively. Guy aint prime Roberto Carlos ffs. Our left side gets exposed a lot when he plays and we are all biting our nails when he is up against a good winger. Not to mention the random ball turnovers that turn into counter attacks, he had many of those in the first half of this season.
That's what the stats say though. Stats are a good addition, because we know how different the "eye test" can be, especially if one doesn't like the player. Then they only see their mistakes and not much else. Happened a lot with Xhaka, and now basically everyone was crying after him.

Zinchenko is not as bad defensively as is claimed here. But yes those points that you said are good considerations. Defensive stats in this chart are affected by their role etc. so yes Zinchenko isn't the 3rd best fullback defensively in the world. :lol:

That losing the ball thing is also overblown, and without realizing how much Zinchenko creates for the team with his passing compared to most players.

Luckily Arteta doesn't listen to this forum when rating players. Arsenal likely doesn't have the funds to replace Zinchenko yet, so you guys are possibly stuck with seeing him in the squad. But maybe you will appreciate him like Xhaka later.

This was a pretty interesting chart. It's a bit misleading as Zinchenko has played like 1000 minutes less in EPL than Saliba for example. And 600 minutes less than White.

But it also affects that Zinchenko creates much more, and makes more risky passes.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Zinchenko is not as bad defensively as is claimed here. But yes those points that you said are good considerations. Defensive stats in this chart are affected by their role etc. so yes Zinchenko isn't the 3rd best fullback defensively in the world.
There was a game when Doku or someone was getting in and everyone on the forum was expecting he would destroy Zinchenko and our guy just owned him.

He makes mistakes like all other defenders do, for an attacking(technical) FB think his defending is good enough

drippin

Really do not understand the fuss about him he should be our starter when fit.
It depends a bit on the opponent, now that Kiwior has been solid. And White is fit on the other side.

With Jorginho on the field there isn't as much need for Zinchenko, but Jorginho can't play whole games so Zinchenko coming back is very important.

drippin

More to consider for those who claim Zinchenko loses the ball constantly.

GIuPxjAXIAA_qHr

Or defend at all.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's a very good progressive FB and offers a lot with his inverting.

Though I think against top, top teams with an elite RW you want a Kiwi or even a Tomi there, more natural defenders.

drippin

He's a very good progressive FB and offers a lot with his inverting.

Though I think against top, top teams with an elite RW you want a Kiwi or even a Tomi there, more natural defenders.
That's the thing, against tougher opponents Zinchenko wouldn't start in the future. He would be a rotational player, who might even rotate LCM against easier opponents.

Zinchenko has the means to dominate and break busses, and those players are not as easy to find as one would think. And are expensive.

drippin

More to consider for those who claim Zinchenko loses the ball constantly.

GIuPxjAXIAA_qHr

Or defend at all.

And against midfielders, who build up more like Zinchenko. Although Zinchenko does less long balls, so it skews it a bit. But he is at top for creating so it evens it out against many of these.

And long balls more rarely result in xG against fast.

People really go over the top with the criticisms. They have a point, but why overblow it so much?

GIubYFJbcAAeTfj

Thrice

In my opinion, Zinchenko should always play when Jorginho isn't playing, and Jorginho should always play when Zinchenko isn't playing. We need one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Top Bottom