• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Has he been signed for play primarily at LB? Isn't midfield his personal preferred position? And wasn't he rotation at City? It'll be the exact same thing here with him an KT. Why would he agree to that? I mean he might turn out to be rubbish there but I'd also like others on here want to see him given a run of games in midfield.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He is weak, watch any City game against a top level side & the RW will target him 1v1. It doesn't really matter though as 1. we're a good side & we'll dominate most teams 2. what he brings to the team far outweighs his weakness when defending
If teams target Zinchenko rather than Walker, it doesn't mean Zinchenko is weak. He is just worse from the two.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has he been signed for play primarily at LB? Isn't midfield his personal preferred position? And wasn't he rotation at City? It'll be the exact same thing here with him an KT. Why would he agree to that? I mean he might turn out to be rubbish there but I'd also like others on here want to see him given a run of games in midfield.
Tierney is injury-prone and Zinchenko had played, was it, 98% of his games at City as LB.

So yes, he is our LB first and foremost. We are not buying another LB.

Even Tierney just said that a big club needs two good players for each position.

Zinchenko also said he will play anywhere Arteta wants. He will play a lot more here than at City.

Arsenal will very likely buy another midfielder.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Tierney is injury-prone and Zinchenko had played, was it, 98% of his games at City as LB.

So yes, he is our LB first and foremost. We are not buying another LB.

Even Tierney just said that a big club needs two good players for each position.

Zinchenko also said he will play anywhere Arteta wants. He will play a lot more here than at City.

Arsenal will very likely buy another midfielder.
IIRC the major long term issue people warned about from his Celtic days was potentially a chronic hip injury, he's never missed any games with us due to that so it's clearly not a concern anymore. After his hernia operation in 2019 he's also been totally fine in that regard.

He then dislocated his shoulder which is a completely freak accident which I wouldn't attribute to being injury prone. He's recently missed games these past 2 season due to ankle injuries but he had surgery on it at the end of last season so if his track record is anything to go by it will have hopefully corrected that.

I'm not saying I don't ever want him to play LB, of course he going to play their on occasion. But if he's going to be primarily, or even exclusively, a LB than that clearly means that one of him or KT are going to have significant limited PL game time in that position. Which is what I mean by the fact that I doubt Zinchenko would move from City, who are clearly a superior team, to Arsenal to simply occupy the same limited game time role. And I doubt KT would be happy relegated to the role either.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolute baller going forwards. Not quite so much when defending, suspect Tierney will start big games.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Good that we have two talented fullbacks on the left. Zinchenko is already top 3 players on the team in terms of technical ability. Hopefully he can improve his one v one defending.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What a signing this don is.

With the way we play, in certain games I wouldn't mind benching Xhaka and playing Olek in that midfield role (Tierney at LB)

But it's good we have different options, for different types of games.

Top Bottom