• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Zinny, when he got home yesterday...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Defensively he’s poor but offensively this guy is a gem… wouldn’t like him against Salah but against these opponents he adds so much!
I wonder if we drop him against top teams/tricky winger or show faith in him and let him try.

Probably the latter but not sure it ends well. :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Teta said Zinchenko was the first one to get his balls out at Man City.

Bit weird.
I had friend like that in high school; his favorite joke was to wear shorts with no underwear pull his balls out and say “oh no I sat in bubble gum” the poor victim would look to see what happened and then realize what he was staring at was not bubblegum but stretched ball skin. Growing up in the 90s you could laugh that stuff off; now they would lock you up; maybe Zinchenko is also a master of the “I sat in bubblegum” gag.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Just different class. He wouldn’t have looked out of place playing in all the great Wenger teams we had. Such a smooth player and has the ball on a string.

Levels above that fraud Martinez too :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just different class. He wouldn’t have looked out of place playing in all the great Wenger teams we had. Such a smooth player and has the ball on a string.

Levels above that fraud Martinez too :lol:
No one would have wanted Martinez here if we knew how much he would cost to be our inverted LB.

But it was just great how Van Gaal ruined their chase of Timber, and our chase of Martinez grew the transfer fee to astronomical proportions for a midget CB for United.

Zinchenko for almost half the money, who is EPL proven, is just amazing business.

Have to give some credit to Arteta for attracting Jesus and Zinchenko.

Bloodbather

Established Member

His press resistance is unreal. You can see his oppo deciding as the game goes on 'I'm tired of getting embarassed, let's just back off and sit deep instead'. He has to be our midfielder long term. His balling ability needs to be put in the centre of the team.
Him being LB adds a different dimension to the team, and being an inverted LB in our system means you're playing in the middle a lot of the time anyway. He's better off playing there mainly and being a deputy for CM.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Him being LB adds a different dimension to the team, and being an inverted LB in our system means you're playing in the middle a lot of the time anyway. He's better off playing there mainly and being a deputy for CM.
I don't understand the desire on AM to want a player move to a different untested in EPL position as soon as it's clear he is pretty good in his normal position. It's weird.

Why not get a CM who has been a CM at top level, rather than move inverted LB there, and need to get another inverted LB straight after getting one. :lol:

Baffled.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I don't understand the desire on AM to want a player move to a different untested in EPL position as soon as it's clear he is pretty good in his normal position. It's weird.

Why not get a CM who has been a CM at top level, rather than move inverted LB there, and need to get another inverted LB straight after getting one. :lol:

Baffled.
Haha, spot on. I remember someone talking about G.Jesus as AM before lol, almost fainted

Bloodbather

Established Member

Baffled.
I think the inverted full-back concept still goes over the heads of some here tactically. Same with ball playing CBs. Hence the desire to move them to a position where players who are technically sound are "supposed to play".

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Baffled.

Zinchenko was signed by City as a midfielder and fit in as a LB because of injuries. For Ukraine he plays as B2B midfield as captain. City sold him because he's defensively fragile because he's not really a left back. City fans don't consider him a left back.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Baffled.

And I believe that's the advantage of having Zinchenko in his current position is that he almost acts like an extra midfielder/playmaker while we already have 3 midfielders and helps gives us numerical advantages in the middle of the park. If you swap him with Xhaka and have Tierney at LB you lose that advantage because no way in a million years is Tierney capable of replicating the technical quality, passing or security in possession Zinchenko gives in that role.

Also having Zinchenko there also allowed Xhaka to make the runs he made Saturday without leaving too much of a gap.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom