• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Im totally lost with the comments, other than the slip thought he absolutely dominated his areas on the pitch. Won the ball a few times, always available for a pass, and moved it forward in what was easily the most congested part of the pitch. Chelsea's entire game plan seemed to centre around flooding our left side with numbers and yet he dealt with and made Chelsea suffer. Everyone wondering how White got so much space it was thanks to Zinchenko, if we'd had a less able player on the ball there we were fkd.

Theres a reason we had so much game control. Rusty my ass

LittleMo

I thought he was rusty today tbh, but that’s to be expected after so long out.

I’d really like to see Zinchenko get some games in midfield. It’s where he plays best and today Chelsea had free reign down that left hand side, it was basically undefended, there was a point they played a string of decent passes and crosses into the box completely unchallenged. I don’t see the point in playing him for his ability as a midfielder by almost taking out the LB position.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Im totally lost with the comments, other than the slip thought he absolutely dominated his areas on the pitch. Won the ball a few times, always available for a pass, and moved it forward in what was easily the most congested part of the pitch. Chelsea's entire game plan seemed to centre around flooding our left side with numbers and yet he dealt with and made Chelsea suffer. Everyone wondering how White got so much space it was thanks to Zinchenko, if we'd had a less able player on the ball there we were fkd.

He did look a bit rusty but yeah agree with the rest of your post.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Great to see him back the way we dominate games away from home is huge difference worry because his area exposed at counters. Still you can see why we bought him and I'm glad we bought him and Martinez rejected us because i definitely can't see Martinez do the same Zinchenko job

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His was a very good return after his injury lay off. He tired but what energy and an extra dimension he added.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good to see him back, don't want to sell him anymore.

Next injury lay off though, and the transfer list could be beckoning again!

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Clearly the key to our ability to control games... The difference is clear when he is not there. His technical ability changes everything for us and everyone play better when he is around.

He was a bit rusty which is normal but it's only when he plays that we get that feeling of clear superiority this season.
It’s the calmness he brings in that position. Makes the biggest difference especially with teams trying to press aggressively

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pretty impressive how we managed to win games without him because you can see the difference he does bring in these ‘big 6 tactical battle’ type games.

Think it was harsh to bring him in so quickly like that while KT was sat there like some potato but I get it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's so good technically, his first touch in particular is a stand-out quality. Like others have said, he's key to us controlling games. With him in the side the opposition struggle to get a kick.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He was a bit rusty in the game just before his injury though. There, I said it. Just so you know :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Worth remembering he’s only played 6/13 games.

Done well without a key player in our build up.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

People were actually talking poorly about his performance?

For the umpteenth time: Zinchenko is absolutely, absolutely vital to us and our play. All of our first XI is incredibly vital, but in terms of players we can least replace in our tactical system with the alternatives on offer, it really could be hard to pick between Thomas, Zinny, Jesus, Xhaka, Saliba, and Saka for the player most difficult to replace.

Fundamental player for us and the tactical style Arteta has created for this season, in short.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
With the way Zinchenko is being used, it's surprising to me that AMN couldn't carve out a role in Arteta's system. Maybe it was an attitude thing, but on paper he'd be a pretty damn good back/occasional starter at either FB position, and the role is basically a midfielder when you're in possession thus allowing AMN to play that midfield role he wanted.

TinFish

Rusty, but as an inverted left back he is amazing and giving the team a superior dimension of play. He is the number 1 LB for Arsenal.

I also see glimpses of Ben White inverting, I know he can do it but he is tactically inferior to Zinny.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom