• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Zinchenko was signed by City as a midfielder and fit in as a LB because of injuries. For Ukraine he plays as B2B midfield as captain. City sold him because he's defensively fragile because he's not really a left back. City fans don't consider him a left back.
But it's obvious he was bought mainly as an inverted LB here as the rumours surfaced after Martinez was too expensive. I counted Zinchenko games as LB in City and it was like 98%.

Inverted fullback role is not the easiest, so you would need to have a good suggestion for LB because Tierney is so injury-prone.

It's easier to find a proper CM in this market imo.

We will likely play Zinchenko in easier matches and Tierney against tougher wingers when both are fit.

City sold him because Zinchenko wanted more minutes and they thought they can get Cucurella. Now they have prospect Gomez as 2nd LB. Not sure City fans are happy with that switch.

drippin

I think the inverted full-back concept still goes over the heads of some here tactically. Same with ball playing CBs. Hence the desire to move them to a position where players who are technically sound are "supposed to play".
Yeah. And if you put them, like White to DMF, their good defensive qualities go more to waste, and still not likely as good in the needed attacking qualities.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've been really pleased with him and hadn't realised he could be this technically consistent. I hope he can switch on a bit more defensively as he adds so much in attack. He should easily reach Monreal levels if he does

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Watching more of the game, it does feel there's lot of space behind him though. But feel that's by design because we are attacking from left more. Feel it could be exploited.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

...is that Turner being sent back with Gabriel?

Hang your head in shame, Mr Magalhaes 😅
I remember kyle walker saying zinchenko was technically the best player at city. Ridiculous statement (depends on what you include under “technique”) but I’m guessing when it comes to this kind of thing he was clear even there. Cracking little player. And still young.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember kyle walker saying zinchenko was technically the best player at city. Ridiculous statement (depends on what you include under “technique”) but I’m guessing when it comes to this kind of thing he was clear even there. Cracking little player. And still young.

Why is it a ridiculous statement? Because he's a LB? Technique to me is control of the ball, first touch etc. Ball striking in difficult situations like volleying.

Better technique doesn't always = play as winger/midfielder/forward

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Why is it a ridiculous statement? Because he's a LB? Technique to me is control of the ball, first touch etc. Ball striking in difficult situations like volleying.

Better technique doesn't always = play as winger/midfielder/forward
Ridiculous in that there’s different facets to “footballing technique” and they can be somewhat orthogonal. I guess what I’m saying is rather that it’s a crap question. Henry had phenomenal technique but he couldn’t head a ball for **** for example. Back to zinchenko, I guess walker kind of cleared it up by saying at the end that one touch header etc. probably getting into semantics tbh

drippin

Ridiculous in that there’s different facets to “footballing technique” and they can be somewhat orthogonal. I guess what I’m saying is rather that it’s a crap question. Henry had phenomenal technique but he couldn’t head a ball for **** for example. Back to zinchenko, I guess walker kind of cleared it up by saying at the end that one touch header etc. probably getting into semantics tbh
Pretty sure it's about technique with the ball, especially with feet. Not finishing technique for example.

The kind of technique where you play footbag with a football for example. Close touch and so on.

But he is a very good passer too.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure it's about technique with the ball, especially with feet. Not finishing technique for example.

The kind of technique where you play footbag with a football for example. Close touch and so on.
Yeah I’m sure seeing the full interview instead of a snippet would make it make sense

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Yeah there's an interplay between ball control, ball striking (shooting and passing) and the mental elements of the game. Hard to come up with an all encompassing definition but I think repeatability and reliability of actions with the ball has to be in there.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Careful with the big words on A-M, you're gonna see a rush of people heading straight to Dictionary.com to try and figure out what the **** you're going on about.

ash_rasul

Yeah there's an interplay between ball control, ball striking (shooting and passing) and the mental elements of the game. Hard to come up with an all encompassing definition but I think repeatability and reliability of actions with the ball has to be in there.
I would simplify it down to "consistency of execution".

Essentially, in my opinion, it's generally how close the outcome of what you deliver on the pitch is to what you had envisaged in your mind. In other words, how consistently you can translate your creative intent into each on-field action.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I would simplify it down to "consistency of execution".

Essentially, in my opinion, it's generally how close the outcome of what you deliver on the pitch is to what you had envisaged in your mind. In other words, how consistently you can translate your creative intent into each on-field action.

Yeah I think that's good but perhaps needs some difficulty element within it.

Consistency of execution to deal with any situation on the pitch perhaps

Like, El-Neny has totally consistent execution for his game but he will never socre a goal like this

ash_rasul

Yeah I think that's good but perhaps needs some difficulty element within it.

Consistency of execution to deal with any situation on the pitch perhaps

Like, El-Neny has totally consistent execution for his game but he will never socre a goal like this

Yeah this is where I feel the lines begin to become slightly blurred.

You could have a somewhat "limited" player, like Elneny for example, where the vast majority of his execution is completely sound. However, his mental attributes would dictate the sort of actions he would attempt on a regular basis. Stuff like creativity, flair, speed of thought, etc. You could have a technically perfect player, but the subdued nature of their mental attributes would result in a player that tends to have a safer, less impactful game. But that doesn't take away from his actual Technique, in my view anyway.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Technically he was head and shoulders above everyone against Leicester, was really eye opening watching him. He's got the style of a 2010's Spanish midfielder but can play left back. Unreal player.

Top Bottom