• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

If you look at the main image near the top of the article, the caption reads "Arsenal left-back Oleksandr Zinchenko has picked up a calf muscle in training"
Either there are random calf muscles lying about at Colney or the Express guys can't type proper sentences :lol:

Am I the only one who notices this sh!t? 🤔

CountChocula

He was class today. When both he and Partey are playing, we are unstoppable. He played so many balls between the lines to our forwards today that it really takes pressure off Partey, because he's not the only one we're counting on in the build up.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was class today. When both he and Partey are playing, we are unstoppable. He played so many balls between the lines to our forwards today that it really takes pressure off Partey, because he's not the only one we're counting on in the build up.
With him and Tierney, that is one position properly sorted. They seem smashing lads both too.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Zinchenko ready to start for Arsenal-Tottenham 3-1 game. Arsenal running the biz, same as Partey. Fooled everyone with who is fit or not.

Really, if Zinchenko stays fit, he was an amazing coup.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Zinchenko ready to start for Arsenal-Tottenham 3-1 game. Arsenal running the biz, same as Partey. Fooled everyone with who is fit or not.

Really, if Zinchenko stays fit, he was an amazing coup.
It's amazing how you really appreciate players so much more when they play for you and you watch them that bit closer. I've watched a lot of City since Pep showed up and while Zinchenko always looked a tidy utility player for City, I didn't know what a wonderful footballer he really is. It's probably only Cancelo who is is good on the ball as he is in the full back position. The amount of work he has 2 do in every 3rd of the pitch is incredible and he pulls it off really seamlessly. He was an absolute steal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really risky play him this role against top sides our left side was so open because of this inverted role. He had the most progressive passing yesterday i like him because he always try to play forward and Martinelli look extremely dangerous with Zinchenko.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Was awful, Richarlison loved him and our threat down the left was pretty tame even if it was against a weak point like Emerson

If Tierney remains fit the spot is his. Comfortably better in defence and surprisingly better in attack recently.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Was awful, Richarlison loved him and our threat down the left was pretty tame even if it was against a weak point like Emerson

If Tierney remains fit the spot is his. Comfortably better in defence and surprisingly better in attack recently.

What? He was just fine. He sat deeper yesterday than he usually does I think that was by instruction.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It's amazing how you really appreciate players so much more when they play for you and you watch them that bit closer. I've watched a lot of City since Pep showed up and while Zinchenko always looked a tidy utility player for City, I didn't know what a wonderful footballer he really is. It's probably only Cancelo who is is good on the ball as he is in the full back position. The amount of work he has 2 do in every 3rd of the pitch is incredible and he pulls it off really seamlessly. He was an absolute steal.
He’s a fantastic player and a hugely important signing.

What calm and composure and quality on the ball and allows us to have a proper deep lying playmaker in possession. Along with Saliba and Jesus he really, really raises our level.

You’re right on all counts, I was going to say I think it’s a bit weird Pep didn’t play with Zinchenko on the right and Cancelo on the left but thinking it over tbh I think City needs more the defensive solidity Walker brings than another playmaker in midfield as an inverted full back, they don’t have any trouble controlling games in possession and another one would just be overkill so it makes sense. But it’s a massive gain for us, because we did need the qualities he brings, desperately, and really balances our team in possession and as said raises our level to the point where we can really control possession to the level needed to play the kind of football we want to play. We haven’t had this much quality in possession from the back probably ever, it was something Wenger probably didn’t evolve fast enough with, tbh, realising where the game was going and that you needed press resistant and quality players on the ball at full back too to really control games correctly in a possession style.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Does anyone else think that Zinchenko was good at defending against Tottenham? Did I miss something, or was my impression right?

Because before the game I thought Tierney would be a better choice as the more defensive LB (he did have that concussion though). But what I witnessed was some good defending too along with his usual game.

say yes

forum master baiter
Didn’t have his best game, but if we’re playing against a team that is going to sit back and give us 65% possession then it’s Zinchenko > Tierney every day of the week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom